[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
merdock271 wrote:
Quick question - what 6L do you recommend for cyclone once you put fortify into Shield Charge? It's a bit redundant in your current gem setup, no?

Loving the build, thanks for the detail :-)

Gems and their descriptions are also updated, check that section for my suggestions!

Personally I have a white socket so I'll still use fortify most of the time.
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 10, 2019, 8:46:26 PM
"
CheeQu wrote:
Ye I was the one who said that :D and it's the reason why I'm not using movement skills often and why I try to have as much MS as possible.

That's some pretty high damage, mind sharing PoB? I'd like to see how and what you sacrifice for that. Could be a PM if you don't want to :P

Hahaha of course it was you, should have been obvious.

I'm at work at the moment, but I'll upload it when I get home. Honestly, in comparison to your build I sacrifice around 1.5K eHP (sit at around 7.5K), and with my latest little trick to greed as much DPS as possible I've sacrificed around 4-5% crit chance on my cyclone (still at around 92%, but not ideal, and at this point only a lucky corruption on my gloves will fix that).

I've been theory crafting my build for weeks and I remember trying to hit the 200K average damage mark on Ice Nova, now I'm trying to squeeze out ways to hit 500K (doable if I somehow managed to get a hold of 4 perfect jewels). Fine tuning goes a long way.
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
merdock271 wrote:
Quick question - what 6L do you recommend for cyclone once you put fortify into Shield Charge? It's a bit redundant in your current gem setup, no?

Gems and their descriptions are also updated, check that section for my suggestions!

Hey! Was referring to the recent changes - your old setup had Flame Dash, but now that you've shifted to shield charge + fortify, you don't feel its redundant to have it on cyclone too? Or is it just important enough for single target/way easier to keep it up on cyclone to be worth it?

Am somewhat curious generally if there are alternatives you've tried in the chest, but happy to also just experiment on my own :-)

Thanks again!
"
merdock271 wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
merdock271 wrote:

Hey! Was referring to the recent changes - your old setup had Flame Dash, but now that you've shifted to shield charge + fortify, you don't feel its redundant to have it on cyclone too? Or is it just important enough for single target/way easier to keep it up on cyclone to be worth it?

Am somewhat curious generally if there are alternatives you've tried in the chest, but happy to also just experiment on my own :-)

Thanks again!

hahah yeah I meant the chest part is also updated so you can check that :P
@CheeQu

Hey man, thanks for this guide. Im at lvl 70 and everthing is melting.
Hi, great build btw. I was wondering why we don't socket another spell like Frost Bomb in the weapon so we can get that juicy -20 cold resist?
"
aka2411 wrote:
Anyone can suggest best gem setup for Uber elder consistently?
I am running HoI, Enfeeble with VRF for less active skills but not sure it provides enough.
Not really can afford a Watcher for Discipline yet

pump
"
Hi, great build btw. I was wondering why we don't socket another spell like Frost Bomb in the weapon so we can get that juicy -20 cold resist?

Good question. We use cospri to leech so we need as many hits as possible in there to reach the leech cap rate fast. If we used frost bomb we would only have 3 hits per sec from frostbolt compared to 9 hits per second as it is now.

If you use warlords mark (meaning you leech from all damage output) then it would be a good option to do that, though warlords mark comes at the cost of enfeeble which isn't a good idea to do.
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 10, 2019, 9:22:30 PM
"
aka2411 wrote:
"
aka2411 wrote:
Anyone can suggest best gem setup for Uber elder consistently?
I am running HoI, Enfeeble with VRF for less active skills but not sure it provides enough.
Not really can afford a Watcher for Discipline yet

pump

I wouldn't change much from the main post. Maybe add phase run to the helmet (to use when you are slowed in combination with quicksilver).

Also check pantheon section for the ideal pantheon against uber elder.

Kaom's roots is also another great option but you will have to balance resists elsewhere - kinda annoying to do.
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 10, 2019, 9:24:49 PM
Really enjoying the build , have a couple questions
Did I read correctly that the level gem for Discipline has to be level 1, if so why?

This is a bit off topic but you may know, how much is too much resistances while using loreweave, I have 100+ on all resistances at the momement , but I do not know if that is over kill.

Also the items on this thread have steadly gone up in price to the point that I cant catch up anymore with the new changes LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info