[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Gotta commend CheeQu here, great build but sticking around 150 pages answering the same questions over and over (usually answered in the guide) and having fun doing it.

The great part about this guide is it scales very well and there are so many ways to make it work. I'm on fairly budget gear, most found or crafted myself, and it takes it all in stride.
I've just crafted this :)
Anyone can suggest best gem setup for Uber elder consistently?
I am running HoI, Enfeeble with VRF for less active skills but not sure it provides enough.
Not really can afford a Watcher for Discipline yet,
"
FahnX wrote:

Thanks for the responses. Would you say this is a fine transitional amulet until I can afford the Pandemonius? I am far from being able to afford it.

I know it lacks a bit in the life department, as it only has around 60? or so with the life from the all attributes, but I need the all attributes for now until I have a loreweave up and running.

You should be fine, Pandemonius is mostly a defensive option rather than offensive even if it's strong on both. The blind is bonkers and raises your survivability alot.
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
Only issue is if you go the lower APS route, you need to get very accustomed to how Cyclone works, otherwise you are looking at 1 or 2 deaths per uber due to the animation lock.

APS has nothing to do with cyclone's animation lock. That's only affected by movement speed, which is why I use a lot of it.
"
teslabear wrote:
Gotta commend CheeQu here, great build but sticking around 150 pages answering the same questions over and over (usually answered in the guide) and having fun doing it.

The great part about this guide is it scales very well and there are so many ways to make it work. I'm on fairly budget gear, most found or crafted myself, and it takes it all in stride.

Hey! Thank you for those words :P

The bad part about this is items are getting more expensive as popularity increases. I might have to come up with a new build now for next league :P
"
Nojam wrote:
Thanks for creating the guide. My league goal was to try CoC and you hit the spot ;) Keep it up

Really like the redesign of the guide which focuses on survivability. Now I am sitting at 7k life (Stage 1 gear-wise without Pandemonius - I'm the kind of exile that cannot understand how some exiles have more than 10 exa)

Some things I struggle with:
1) Minotaur fight is intense - one wrong move and it's GG.
2) 4 way Syndicate is Rippy - I mean I get 100 -> 0 in a couple of seconds
3) Mana issues when I have to go all in (for example in portal adds phase on Shaper)

Some points:
1) On no-regen maps I swap decoy totem with Warlords mark and it's OK.
2) I havent figured out what to do on Hexproof yet - maybe Vitality now that we dont have Dread Banner
3) Level 1 Discipline is so good for mana issues.
4) Maybe 16% Increased damage on ring is better then 20% damage on focus for 4secs every 12 secs

P.S Gamise to guide file

Γεια σου φιλε ευχαριστω :P

For mana issues check the "important notes and gameplay tips" section, there are some stuff that will help you there.

Also, for no regen maps I recommend having a hybrid flask but yea, warlords can work fine for that too.

About the ring, shock is quite a big difference in damage compared to a increased damage mod. Increased damage mod works additively with other increased damage modifiers, which means its real damage increase is only about 3% (see comments here for a better explanation).
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 10, 2019, 8:14:36 PM
"
CheeQu wrote:
APS has nothing to do with cyclone's animation lock. That's only affected by movement speed, which is why I use a lot of it.

I meant more along the lines of you probably won't be using movement skills too much and you can't swap to Blade Flurry.

Personally I use Phase Run and a good MS flask and just manage my flasks appropriately and there's no issue at all.

As someone in this thread said earlier, just running with high MS is the most precise method of movement, best for uber and other bosses.

Edit: Just saw your damage calculations in the notes section, substituted my stats into each calculation, except for the shock one (I don't have a shock ring), and it came out at 18.5 million! Hahaha. Although including both RF and Vaal RF is a bit disingenuous, as I don't think anyone would ever use normal RF in this build.
Last edited by Hohenheim_ on Jan 10, 2019, 8:19:59 PM
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:

I meant more along the lines of you probably won't be using movement skills too much and you can't swap to Blade Flurry.

Personally I use Phase Run and a good MS flask and just manage my flasks appropriately and there's no issue at all.

As someone in this thread said earlier, just running with high MS is the most precise method of movement, best for uber and other bosses.

Edit: Just saw your damage calculations in the notes section, substituted my stats into each calculation, except for the shock one (I don't have a shock ring), and it came out at 18.5 million! Hahaha. Although including both RF and Vaal RF is a bit disingenuous, as I don't think anyone would ever use normal RF in this build.

Ye I was the one who said that :D and it's the reason why I'm not using movement skills often and why I try to have as much MS as possible.

That's some pretty high damage, mind sharing PoB? I'd like to see how and what you sacrifice for that. Could be a PM if you don't want to :P
Quick question - what 6L do you recommend for cyclone once you put fortify into Shield Charge? It's a bit redundant in your current gem setup, no?

Loving the build, thanks for the detail :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info