[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Do you think it's worth to replace the Farrul's fur over Loreweave? With the Acrobatic tree ofc?
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:
Ye I was the one who said that :D and it's the reason why I'm not using movement skills often and why I try to have as much MS as possible.

That's some pretty high damage, mind sharing PoB? I'd like to see how and what you sacrifice for that. Could be a PM if you don't want to :P

Hahaha of course it was you, should have been obvious.

I'm at work at the moment, but I'll upload it when I get home. Honestly, in comparison to your build I sacrifice around 1.5K eHP (sit at around 7.5K), and with my latest little trick to greed as much DPS as possible I've sacrificed around 4-5% crit chance on my cyclone (still at around 92%, but not ideal, and at this point only a lucky corruption on my gloves will fix that).

I've been theory crafting my build for weeks and I remember trying to hit the 200K average damage mark on Ice Nova, now I'm trying to squeeze out ways to hit 500K (doable if I somehow managed to get a hold of 4 perfect jewels). Fine tuning goes a long way.

I just love how much crit multi you have - brilliant, man.:)

Hahaha yeah I've been pretty greedy with my multi and damage, but only because I'm quite comfortable with the end game boss fights and don't need the extra eHP to tank hits that I'll dodge anyway. For people less comfortable, going with CheeQu's build or something similar is easily the way to go.

This is my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/2uxRi0Qz

About 8K from the 500K mark, which is where I'll stop greeding I think. For now I've got to grind out my last methods of increasing my Cyclone crit and get the right enchant on my boots (I changed it in PoB, but I'll have it in a day or two).
Love the build so far, but i need an alternative for a solid shield that doesnt cost 30 chaos. Also my health seems substantially low for where i'm currently at. Id like to switch to CoC ice nova now as i'm level 50 and have the tree, the flask, the widowmaker and more(skipped the adcendancy trial with izaro for now). Still using storm brand and traps sadly. Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you.
Easily the most enjoyable build I've ever run. If I ever catch you around these parts, I might have to hug you uncomfortably hard. I run a worb build for speed farms, and this for the tougher stuff, and couldn't be happier :)
thank you for this build, im running t15s with a tabula.
Having a blast with this, just wondering how to develop my passive tree... I see lots of players going for Phase Acrobatics: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Assassin&skill=Cyclone,Ice-Nova

This build / playstyle seems to be pretty popular, so I am just wondering :)

And I also see the build in profile of CheeQu different to what is being shown in the guide - what does it depend on? I am trying to understand this an dpush the build as it is a lot of fun and just melts everything like crazy :D
I now have everything the guide suggests and im struggling to stay alive in act 6 since the switch to ice nova. is this build viable for HC?

I'm really loving the build. I'm able to do T14/15 alched maps which is cool, I do still get one shot though even in T11 maps and I'm putting that down to my low HP pool.

Here is my build and item setup following this guide, it's slightly different because I've had to get a few points to help with resistances and int etc but what can I work on? What should I get next? What should I replace? I've got about 10 ex or so left to get some items.

I have ES on hit watchers eye and a mana on hit jewel.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/thorgrove/characters?characterName=BigHairyCoc

Last edited by OnlyThor on Jan 11, 2019, 4:53:06 AM
Hey Cheequ thanks for all the replying you do here. I see you updated the item section while Im still in the middle of buying gear so I can make any change needed with a 70exa budget.

So I want to go acuity with cooldown belt. I see you added bubonic boots but even with rare rings and rare boots its not ez to make up the res. But I just noticed you mention something about getting easier res with jewels and a new skill tree.

So anyway, I've mentioned before but I like to run t16 and then uber elder and repeat. Whats the best setup to pair with acuity and cd belt? So confused now on skill gems, jewels, rings and boots.

I like to stay pretty tanky with bad internet sometimes. I also play on a controller sometimes so having less buttons to press is nice. Love CWDT for this so the abyss boots might make it harder..

Abyss boots look cool because I can easily swap kaoms for uber elder tho.

"
Edimasta wrote:
Having a blast with this, just wondering how to develop my passive tree... I see lots of players going for Phase Acrobatics: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Assassin&skill=Cyclone,Ice-Nova

This build / playstyle seems to be pretty popular, so I am just wondering :)

And I also see the build in profile of CheeQu different to what is being shown in the guide - what does it depend on? I am trying to understand this an dpush the build as it is a lot of fun and just melts everything like crazy :D

I usually like to go for Acro and Phase Acro as well. Those prevent a ton of damage mathematically. However if an attack deals 5k damage to you, you want to have at least 5,001 HP. It's not totally irrelevant if we get hit all the time for we're no Scion/Slayer that leeches back to full instantly, but you can recover to full in a reasonable time. On the other hand, if you have only 4,5k HP it doesn't matter if you dodge that 5k hit 9/10 times. You die and that's the whole argument of a few tiny HP over a massive %-chance to dodge.

Once you survive stuff like the Minotaur burrow attack, you're probably better off adding Acro instead of even more HP.

Bonus argument in favor of Acro in this specific build: You gain some dex nodes on the tree to help with Cospri's requirements.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info