[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Why we use only 1 Frozen Trail?
Why do you prefer to use ES on hit with discipline rather than life on hit with vitality for the watchers eye? since the life pool will always be much bigger than the ES one
Fantastic guide. Having a blast. Couple questions:

Went through 50 or so pages and saw no word on Frozen Trail. Is there any reason not to use 2 or am i gimping my dps/ehp with this route? Also, i'm showing 3aps with cyclone, in HO. Onslaught on kill jewel a bad thing since i don't have 14% cospri or cd belt?

Have some upgrades to do once a few 6L chests sell but if anyone has a chance, mind looking over my guy and recommending any glaring mistakes? Rare ammy best upgrade over carnage if i don't want to drop the 5ex+ on pandy amulet or is it actually good for this?

Thanks in advance. Will be moving shield gems to boots w/ surge later today.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AntiSedi/characters
"
Lordrius wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
Hey Cheequ thanks for all the replying you do here. I see you updated the item section while Im still in the middle of buying gear so I can make any change needed with a 70exa budget.

So I want to go acuity with cooldown belt. I see you added bubonic boots but even with rare rings and rare boots its not ez to make up the res. But I just noticed you mention something about getting easier res with jewels and a new skill tree.

So anyway, I've mentioned before but I like to run t16 and then uber elder and repeat. Whats the best setup to pair with acuity and cd belt? I like to stay pretty tanky with a bad internet sometimes..

Check my setup. I had to buy 2 abyss jewel with resistances (in my case, lightning) to cap resistances. But I ended up with 88/88/88, which make Wise Oak shine. You can also try to get the resistances in normal jewels (not abyss ones).

Nice setup Lordrius. Why the worm jar - is it to build power charges before uber fight (you could do that alternatively using bear trap and jaws of agony on weapon swap and not use up a flask slot)?
Hey Cheequ, thanks for writing such a fantastic guide. I just broke through A10 and have done a bunch of lower tier maps and have managed to get the Helm, Shield, and Sword. I just had a few questions:

- The amulet I am using temporarily (to fix resists + All stats) gives Cold damage as life leech. Is Phys damage as leech preferable?

- I don't have the loreweave equipped currently which I know will help my crit chance, but I feel like the initial crit to take off can take a couple hits. Is this normal? Otherwise, should I be looking for crit chance on my items?

I know most of my gear is bad, but I blew all my money on the 3 main pieces :/

Thanks for everything!
Is there a way to optimize movement speed? I'm doing the build more for fast mapping.

UI + Meeks are cool with the 16% MS but I'd have to drop Onslaught because of the AS so not really good...
Liking the updates
Last edited by Stinson on Jan 10, 2019, 1:06:05 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
Lordrius wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
Hey Cheequ thanks for all the replying you do here. I see you updated the item section while Im still in the middle of buying gear so I can make any change needed with a 70exa budget.

So I want to go acuity with cooldown belt. I see you added bubonic boots but even with rare rings and rare boots its not ez to make up the res. But I just noticed you mention something about getting easier res with jewels and a new skill tree.

So anyway, I've mentioned before but I like to run t16 and then uber elder and repeat. Whats the best setup to pair with acuity and cd belt? I like to stay pretty tanky with a bad internet sometimes..

Check my setup. I had to buy 2 abyss jewel with resistances (in my case, lightning) to cap resistances. But I ended up with 88/88/88, which make Wise Oak shine. You can also try to get the resistances in normal jewels (not abyss ones).

Nice setup Lordrius. Why the worm jar - is it to build power charges before uber fight (you could do that alternatively using bear trap and jaws of agony on weapon swap and not use up a flask slot)?

For nothing specific actually haha However, since I have only 13% mana unreserved, it helps with the mana regen. For U-Elder I did drop HoI for more mana.
"
dguay wrote:
Is there a way to optimize movement speed? I'm doing the build more for fast mapping.

UI + Meeks are cool with the 16% MS but I'd have to drop Onslaught because of the AS so not really good...

UI + Meeks gives the same effect as Onslaught. Actually, a little better.
"
AntiSedi wrote:
Fantastic guide. Having a blast. Couple questions:

Went through 50 or so pages and saw no word on Frozen Trail. Is there any reason not to use 2 or am i gimping my dps/ehp with this route? Also, i'm showing 3aps with cyclone, in HO. Onslaught on kill jewel a bad thing since i don't have 14% cospri or cd belt?

Have some upgrades to do once a few 6L chests sell but if anyone has a chance, mind looking over my guy and recommending any glaring mistakes? Rare ammy best upgrade over carnage if i don't want to drop the 5ex+ on pandy amulet or is it actually good for this?

Thanks in advance. Will be moving shield gems to boots w/ surge later today.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AntiSedi/characters

We only need 1 Frozen Trail since we just need at least 2 Frostbolt projectiles at once for the interaction with Ice Nova. An extra Frozen Trail would be a waste of a jewel socket compared to a good rare jewel.

Yes onslaught will ruin your APS, though it wont be a disaster for mapping. It will still trigger in some boss fights with adds though so it can be bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info