[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Seqqsy wrote:

if I can slap a 15% on that ring, is it any different than having Shock for 4 sec buff .. I would just be losing 5% damage right ? (coz shock is 20% damage?)

Not the same sadly. Shock works differently, and increases the damage taken by mobs after a bunch of other stuff is taken into account. It translates into essentially a more modifier (although I think additive with other increased damage taken effects).

By contrast, the % damage on the ring is added to our already massive list of increased damage mods (note, not increased damage taken), so the actual effect of this % increased damage mods is probably around a quarter of what it shows.

tldr: the shock mod is much more effective (albeit situational)
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
dguay wrote:
Just got this cool belt for 5 ex

Life is kinda low but I think the ES is making up for it :)

Amazing belt. I'd probably change the craft on it though, depending on what game content you're doing.

What would you craft?
"
Seqqsy wrote:

if I can slap a 15% on that ring, is it any different than having Shock for 4 sec buff .. I would just be losing 5% damage right ? (coz shock is 20% damage?)

If you get 15% increased damage the real damage increase will be about 3% since this mod works additively with other increased damage modifiers (check here for more info).

On the other hand shock is another separate modifier which increases damage taken by 20% and works multiplicatively with other mods. An actual 20% damage increase (maybe bonechill stacks additively with shock which would make it a 17% actual increase, not sure)
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 10, 2019, 9:19:56 AM
Hey @CheeQu, love the build - thanks so much for dedicating your time to the guide.

Quick question, I seem to be missing 1 skill point to match your tree at level 91, now that I am 92, I am able to match the 91 tree you posted. Did you respec the bandits or something?
Last edited by lionpants on Jan 10, 2019, 9:19:11 AM
"
dguay wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
dguay wrote:
Just got this cool belt for 5 ex

Life is kinda low but I think the ES is making up for it :)

Amazing belt. I'd probably change the craft on it though, depending on what game content you're doing.

What would you craft?

7-8% increased effect of flasks on you.
Hello, I need one small clarification, please. You recommended +% damage while leeching on gloves, but do we ever benefit from this mod if we have es on hit ? Wouldn't the non-vaal skill %dmg be better for a big burst window ?
"
mrpetrov wrote:
7-8% increased effect of flasks on you.

Ah right. I dont have this one yet though can only craft 6%
"
Strzelcy wrote:
Hello, I need one small clarification, please. You recommended +% damage while leeching on gloves, but do we ever benefit from this mod if we have es on hit ? Wouldn't the non-vaal skill %dmg be better for a big burst window ?

Gain ES on hit, as well as Gain life on hit both don't work with this mod.

This mod works with life leech, which we have from the gems on cospri and from cyclone via the tree.

That said, its uptime isn't that great. If you want more control of when to have the burst damage, the mod you suggest will be better.
Finished updating the guide for now! Now I'll need to actually update my own character and get some videos :P
"
CheeQu wrote:
Finished updating the guide for now! Now I'll need to actually update my own character and get some videos :P

Could you please look into my missing skill point question? :)

It's triggering my OCD hard. Haha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info