General Gem Discussion

Marks passive: Mark transfers to another enemy when marked enemy dies.

The range of the transfer is so small, that the utility of that passive that was intended is not reached, in my opinion.

It could be drastically improved in quality if the behavior was changed to: Next enemy you or your minions hit after a marked enemy dies transfers the mark to it.

This way you could reapply marks between packs, rather than still having to self-cast the mark all the time.
There are so many skills in POE, and so many of them just miss the mark completely. They have fallen behind due to power creep, and it's a shame that there's so many skills in this game, yet half of them are unplayable because they just dont do enough damage. It would be nice if GGG would take a look at all existing skill gems and update them, rather than adding more skill gems to the clutter in the future.
I just thought that, if its possible to combine 2 or more skills or summons to create a new skill or summoner creature during battle. That would be so dynamic and interesting !
From what I can tell, there is little reason to use Rain of Arrows over tornado shot in the late-game; with some extra projectiles, tornado shot has better clear and better single target. However, since I like how the skill looks, I think some numerical buffs to the skill would be nice.

Alternatively, here is an idea for a rework that adds another way to scale RoA's single target damage:

Increased area of effect only affects the damage area of each arrow, not the spread of arrows. Then increased aoe would increase the number of times an enemy is hit per skill use, similar to lightning spire trap and seismic trap. Since the skill seems to hit around 3 times on most enemies, I think the skill would be in a better spot if it hit a single target 5 times at around ~70% increased aoe.

Also, modifiers to the number of projectiles apply to this skill at 300-400% effectiveness, and the number of projectiles would increase the spread of the arrows. Then people who want to scale their RoA to cover the screen still have that option. A helm enchant for extra RoA projectiles could help with this too.
Blast Rain needs a massive buff.

Blast rain is in the worst state of any arrow gem, the 'buffs' to blast rain effectively made it useless.

by adding more arrows and reducing damage you minimized the effectiveness of GMP
by converting 100% of physical damage you've removed all poison scaling.

Ontop of all of that is the slow to hit rain delay that cannot be mitigated , its small aoe radius is a joke, projectile speed is also only nominally useful and compared to tornado shot which effectively allows you to kill offscreen enemies blast rain's projectile speed does not reduce fall delay but only increases the speed at which the arrows will fall once the fall delay ends.

Essentially you have made blast-rain unscalable and useless for applying debuffs, so what role is is actually fulfilling?
Last edited by valarias on Oct 9, 2023, 9:09:19 AM
With the recent changes to RF in affliction league, is there any chance that RF could be changed so that it is only turned off when you reach 1 life AND 1 es allowing for CI gameplay?
With the new damage scaling ES RF is gonna be a thing and shavs is the only way to make a build that for sure doesn't dies to chaos damage in HC since CI doesn't works.
If you play ivory tower you're just gonna die sooner or later, and coruscating elixir also makes your life 1 and turns rf off every time you use the flask.
Last edited by demon7310 on Dec 3, 2023, 9:25:16 AM
Will we be able to use the new scorching ray over fire trap in RF builds? As someone who really hates fire traps in RF builds, I hope SR will be able to compete with FT.

Scorching Ray:
Quality now causes Additional Debuff stages to add +0-10% of Damage, instead of providing 0-10% increased beam length.
why does falling zombie not interact with any minion mechanic. i dont understand
I'd like to know if it is intentional that "Siege Ballista of Splintering" does not get the +max Totems from Iron Commander. It would be sad, because I really would like to use that one :)
Raise Zombie of Falling is cool but why doesn't it break barrels?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info