General Gem Discussion

Bring back CoC Discharge. It's time.
Since there is no general general gem discussion thread (this doesn't look like this was supposed to be this way...)

Channeling Skills (That forces you to stand still)
I think this is one of the most difficult group of skills that currently feel extremely underwhelming due to the fact that Channeling Skills require you to stand still to deal damage, but standing still in Path of Exile is like trying to steal a carrot from a Rabbit. Ya ain't gonna leave this place alive.While in the past you could have outweighed this problem as a high-energy-shield player or by utilizing Fortify on Hit with a Shield (which then got nerfed unfortunately), as it stands it requires too much investment compared to other skills that do the same job, if not better & faster.

A. Make Infused Channeling Support a native ability to Channeling Skills and overhaul the way Channeling Skills work as following: [When moving, the damage of Channeling Skills is reduced by 40%. When standing still, the penalty is removed. When your character activates a Channeling Skill, he no longer is rooted in place but instead is rooted in the ability to change the direction when he moves.] This effectively means that if you click behind a boss to move there, and you activate (for example) Winter Orb, you channel Winter Orb while moving towards behind the boss, but while you channel you cannot move elsewhere. You can stop channeling to pre-emptively stop moving towards the boss though.

B: Remove Channeling from abilities that require you to stand still. All skills now work like other skills. Holding down will re-cast the ability as if it was channeling. Like for example Scorching Ray now re-casts by holding the ability down, or deals a simple beam by pressing once and the longer you use it, the more it deals damage.
Need up mana cost for Rune Blast (Stormbind). It's impossible to play on this skill after rework Voidbringer :(
👀
Last edited by denhol on Feb 5, 2022, 7:22:53 AM
Not gonna lie, I kinda fantasize about having The Black Star's ice attacks as skills or mtx (for glacial cascade and icestorm, or as separate skills). I would also love the Veritania's icy charge as a movement spell.
Why is there no Galvanic Arrow MTX though??? :((
Hi. Returning player here, my only suggestion for now(one that many ppl requested):

Imbue a fortify effect into melee skills that need it, balancing it inividually for each skill. The value of fortification possible will always be the skill's value + bonuses from tree/items.

In addition, remove fortify support gem.

"
Horc72 wrote:
Why is there no Galvanic Arrow MTX though??? :((

cause there is only 1 single dude playing Galvanic Arrow this league to lvl100 on Poeninja, if nobody plays the build its not profitable to make an MTX for it, cause low sales.
Basic Economics.
Hello.

When comparing Galvanic Field (GF) to Corrupting Fever (CF) I can see a lot of simmilarites. The main differences are that CF costs life and that it refreshes after spending X life.
Now, that means that GF does not refresh after meeting a similar condition. And I really don't see why it shouldn't.
Yes, I'm a lazy boy and don't want to press the button for GF every 6 seconds. What about a condition to continue the buff? Like, after you killed (25-75) shocked enemies (depending on gem level) or something like that?

Please reconsider adding such a condition to the gem. Thank you.
Last edited by groink19 on Aug 15, 2022, 9:31:31 AM
I would post in a specific skill gem but this is regarding the minion overhaul and golems in particular.

They've always been rather squishy but this league it's even more immediately noticeable that whether I run Chaos Golem or Stone Golem it just goes splat the moment it goes into a pack. White maps, yellow maps, league mechanic, labyrinth.

No, I'm not a minion build, no I don't have supports making him tankier, but that shouldn't be necessary at gem level 15 on white maps with no mods. A love tap to golem health for non minion builds in particular would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, has the Skill Gem Feedback halted? Are there plans to add new skill discussions?

I'd particularly like to give/read feedback on Lightning Conduit and Galvanic Field.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info