Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

Will the new focus on cold include at any point a cold based movement spell as this has been some thing sorely lacking, possabley as a green gem?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Stat Sticks
The use of "stat sticks" has been a feature of Path of Exile for a very long time.

A stat stick is an off-hand weapon that is not valid to use with a skill you are using when dual wielding. You get all the benefits of the stats on the weapon, while not having any limitations it might have affecting the use of the skill. You can use a weapon that has the attack speed and/or damage you want for the skill, while the off-hand weapon provides excellent stats without its speed or base damage limiting you.

This use started off as an interesting gameplay element to use as part of a build, but over many releases, as more powerful modifiers on unique and rare weapons have been added, the power of stat sticks cannot be ignored when planning builds and is stifling other choices including genuine dual-wielding.

In 3.5.0 we are removing the ability to use stat sticks, through the following changes:
  • You will no longer be able to use skills that require a specific weapon equipped if you are dual-wielding and one of your equipped weapons is unsuitable for that skill.
  • Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

We found that with this change it was important to make skillbinds specific to your weapon set. You can now have an entirely different set of skills bound to your main set of weapons and your second set of weapons.

Uh... So this completely destroys any value 1c uniques had(they are already dead, stop beating them, I am begging you) and is a heavy nerf to melee attack builds, but this change in no way actually does anything to address the major abusers of stat sticks? Unless there are apocalyptic nerfs to Glacial Cascade and Blade Vortex(any physical damage spell/trap/mine/totem really), it will make me think that absolutely no one at GGG has actually played this game over the past 2 years; or just absolutely want melee to be removed from the game, either one makes sense.

I wonder if my proposal to limit shaper/elder mods to 2 was even discussed at any stage of planning this change. This is clearly not aimed at spells/traps/etc. and is entirely focused on melee attack builds but it's just bizarre when you compare the strength of melee vs spells/totems/mines... It hasn't even been close either. Just... Why?
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
people acting like stat sticks been in the game since launch. I mean the game was playable before them and it will be playable now.

Im mad and i didnt even ever use a "stat stick".

Relentless Fury: Really cool design, really nice for a part of leveling. Dead.

Deaths Hand: Dead.

And a lot of other options. All gone. Noone will use those anymore.

Just because they went overboard with those shaper affixes..
I mean i didnt play since legacy league and when i came back and i first saw those affixes i was like holy shit, thats 40% more damage. And that was the first stat stick i saw. It only had one phys to x. Then i saw one with 2 and like 70% more damage.
And i was like holy shit this is wrong. Now this.

How can the collective mind of "smart" people in a company be so blind?

Edit: Well seems like the company wants everyone to go BV and please be educated and dont scale your spelldamage with spelldamage. Thats for noobs.. ffs
Last edited by chrdong on Dec 4, 2018, 4:50:49 PM
"

Uh... So this completely destroys any value 1c uniques had(they are already dead, stop beating them, I am begging you) and is a heavy nerf to melee attack builds, but this change in no way actually does anything to address the major abusers of stat sticks? Unless there are apocalyptic nerfs to Glacial Cascade and Blade Vortex(any physical damage spell/trap/mine/totem really), it will make me think that absolutely no one at GGG has actually played this game over the past 2 years; or just absolutely want melee to be removed from the game, either one makes sense.

I wonder if my proposal to limit shaper/elder mods to 2 was even discussed at any stage of planning this change. This is clearly not aimed at spells/traps/etc. and is entirely focused on melee attack builds but it's just bizarre when you compare the strength of melee vs spells/totems/mines... It hasn't even been close either. Just... Why?

This. I'm 100% ok with the removal of stat sticks since it makes duel wielding pretty much useless. However, melee is at a HUGE disadvantage in the current state and this nerfs melee even more. You're already in the direct path of damage having to be in close range and on top of that ranged spells & attacks are stronger than melee right now.... it makes no sense. Remove stat sticks, buff melee.
"
This use started off as an interesting gameplay element to use as part of a build...more powerful modifiers on unique and rare weapons...is stifling other choices including genuine dual-wielding.

Just for your reading pleasures..

So yeah, lets just cut out that interesting gameplay part alltogether. Seems fine..
Last edited by chrdong on Dec 4, 2018, 5:12:25 PM
So PoE finally became Diablo 3? now you want us to play whatever you feel like buffing each update/patch? Sure seems that way.

GUIDE TO CALMING THE HELL DOWN.

GOSH DAMN NEVER HAVE I SEEN SO MANY PROPHETS BEFORE, EVEN BEFORE THE ACTUAL PATCH NOTES HAVE COME OUT EVERYONE ALREADY HAS CONCLUDED THE END OF PATH OF EXILE OVER NOTHING THAT HAS ACTUALLY BEEN RELEASED YET!! CALM THE HECK DOWN EVERYONE.

GUIDE 101
1. SIT BACK IN YOUR CHAIR AND BREATHE.
2. BREATHE IN SLOWLY.
3. EXHALE SLOWLY.
4. REPEAT STEPS 1-3 AND CALM THE #$%#@#$#$@ DOWN!
5. DOWNLOAD DIABLO 4 FOR MOBILE.
Last edited by Shaddrak on Dec 4, 2018, 5:43:06 PM
LOL, the sky is falling. New league coming same old complaints from whiny children.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
You will no longer be able to use skills that require a specific weapon equipped if you are dual-wielding and one of your equipped weapons is unsuitable for that skill.

I wasn't crazy about this league when first saw the announcement for it... so was losing interest in game but this change utterly kills the game for me. Takes my league farmer toon completely out...

Nice move GGG.... RIP this game.

If you wanted me to feel betrayed... you've succeeded.
Last edited by SeabeeO on Dec 4, 2018, 6:07:52 PM
Let's hope we get some compensation for this nerf. Stat sticks are OP (and i use one) but GGG needs to buff DW.
My old fashioned BF Assassin needs it. Please, i want real melee phys dmg, not BV.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info