3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

"
killkarabill wrote:
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
Hey,

I was quite hyped by this build when reading the guide. Now while playing it is too squishy to my surprise.

At what level of maps you started feeling that its squishy?Cause some of the other guys said it was quite good regarding survivability:) I am leveling an occultist atm and probably will level a templar too to try out the new non-curse build as they share many items:)

When doing red maps, say T12 +, the syndicate is a real thread. With no optimal mods on the map every Mob-pack is dangerous. Bosses are mainly no concern but mobs are
Vaal Disc is mandatory for red map syndicate stuff.

Build is fine and dmg is plenty. My HO DPS is around 17,5k now, with arcane surge, proccs and flasks I get up to around 30k dps. Although e.g. guardians take a while to run around its pretty safe. I got 9k ES and still can improve my shield a lot (only 310 es) + hillock my shit. 10k ES should be doable without clarity eye. Not sure if its uber elder fine though. Helmet enchant seems unobtainable since not many runners enchant eber's, sadly.

I died most of my deaths to being tired and not noticing ele reflect. :<

Spoiler
Reach out and touch hate.
Last edited by Hastur667 on Dec 29, 2018, 7:17:17 AM
"
muera wrote:
Well check my profile. Doing 16 and Elder deathless like a breeze. You guys are doing something wrong there :)

Would love to, but can't see the gear of your (only??) char. Have you deactivate the private settings in your account?
Hey guys, doing this build in BHC, here's my progress gear:

Muera plz share your character gear m8..Also i see a buig difference at your tree with the one OP has at his character that died at 250 delve..You pass to the other side of the tree taking all the + ES nodes instead of going through the avoid cast interruption nodes as occultist tree of the original build suggests..Tbh i dont have any experience yet but i find Muerta's tree very nice..What do you say about this guys?I wanna hear everyone's opinion:D
"
killkarabill wrote:
Tbh i dont have any experience yet but i find Muerta's tree very nice..What do you say about this guys?I wanna hear everyone's opinion:D

Most important change is that he put all the crit node in ES node. It's probably a good move, but we would need to setup a PoB build to have an estimation of the new DPS.
Last edited by bejarid on Dec 29, 2018, 1:55:48 PM
Update from previous post
"
AbsPoE wrote:
I've been trying to make a similar build to what's described in the OP - on betrayal SC so obviously not building it with hardcore levels of safety. I've killed a red elder, guardians and shaper so far, but I want to go for uber elder, which I've never done before.

I'll post a link to PoB for my character and I would love to hear recommendations for where I can take the build to get probably a little extra damage, survivability for me mostly comes down to me not knowing most of the fights well and die to attacks that could've been dodged. Did manage Shaper deathless, but I feel like it's easier to dodge everything compared to some of the guardians.

https://pastebin.com/VTyVH9aT

If you have suggestions for my build, I'll really appreciate this. Otherwise for new people to this build who don't necessarily want to build for hardcore can definitely check mine out and get most content down. Still working on uber elder. I love the survivability and the damage is decent, but I want to push it slightly more.

I haven't really done much except swapping a few jewels for a slight dps boost, but I decided to try my luck against Uber Elder. After setting it up and defeating the guardians and elder guardians I went in there and killed it with 2 portals left. I will probably start a new char, but I've really had a blast with this because of the very decent survivability and dps.

I'm sure you can push the character a lot more by investing accordingly, but my goal was to get Uber Elder down for the first time and I'm happy to say that I achieved it!

If you want to take a look at my char, here is the PoB link:
https://pastebin.com/RDvygsL0
"
AbsPoE wrote:
Update from previous post
"
AbsPoE wrote:
I've been trying to make a similar build to what's described in the OP - on betrayal SC so obviously not building it with hardcore levels of safety. I've killed a red elder, guardians and shaper so far, but I want to go for uber elder, which I've never done before.

I'll post a link to PoB for my character and I would love to hear recommendations for where I can take the build to get probably a little extra damage, survivability for me mostly comes down to me not knowing most of the fights well and die to attacks that could've been dodged. Did manage Shaper deathless, but I feel like it's easier to dodge everything compared to some of the guardians.

https://pastebin.com/VTyVH9aT

If you have suggestions for my build, I'll really appreciate this. Otherwise for new people to this build who don't necessarily want to build for hardcore can definitely check mine out and get most content down. Still working on uber elder. I love the survivability and the damage is decent, but I want to push it slightly more.

I haven't really done much except swapping a few jewels for a slight dps boost, but I decided to try my luck against Uber Elder. After setting it up and defeating the guardians and elder guardians I went in there and killed it with 2 portals left. I will probably start a new char, but I've really had a blast with this because of the very decent survivability and dps.

I'm sure you can push the character a lot more by investing accordingly, but my goal was to get Uber Elder down for the first time and I'm happy to say that I achieved it!

If you want to take a look at my char, here is the PoB link:
https://pastebin.com/RDvygsL0

Well done! Here is the new Tree, I actually opted out of "sign of Purpose" node for status ailments since this is hardcore, 20% less damage but the survavibility is huge and we constantly have arcane surge. For single target I added vaal stormcall. Here is my new setup

also went for the shield nodes near the Templar for resistances, my gear needs serious upgrade but I am getting there

Here is the FINAL POB tree

https://pastebin.com/qbGuCHaw
Last edited by Some_Day on Dec 29, 2018, 6:07:16 PM
Killed uber elder today with mediocre gear, i specced out crit for EO few lvls ago because it was simply too low
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
Kiri2k wrote:
Killed uber elder today with mediocre gear, i specced out crit for EO few lvls ago because it was simply too low

You don't have any leech without flask?

And "mediocre gear" means "10ex gear", for those who wonder what he meant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info