3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

"
Syliania wrote:
"
hkbutubaman wrote:
Newbie question, what is the function of flame dash here? Thank you.

to jump uphill or downhill and over rivers i would say :)

If the burning ground is useful to some type of minions? thanks
Last edited by hkbutubaman on Dec 11, 2018, 10:16:54 PM
Is this still the recommended leveling path?

https://imgur.com/Pfl7P38

Just go for Runebinder instead of Ancestral Bond?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Is this still the recommended leveling path?

https://imgur.com/Pfl7P38

Just go for Runebinder instead of Ancestral Bond?

Somewhat, you need to take ES nodes because this is no longer eldrtich battery. Look at the new tree in POB
I haven't gone over all the replies, but I had a question about where do we leech from?

I disabled Atziri's flask and I still seem to leech quite a good amount.

Also, is it a viable defense if I remove leech and focus on Energy Shield Recharge? Use apep's sacrifice as shield and Bated Breath as shield? This also makes us immmune to bleed.
"
lyciel wrote:
I haven't gone over all the replies, but I had a question about where do we leech from?

I disabled Atziri's flask and I still seem to leech quite a good amount.

Also, is it a viable defense if I remove leech and focus on Energy Shield Recharge? Use apep's sacrifice as shield and Bated Breath as shield? This also makes us immmune to bleed.

leech comes from warlord's mark curse
Do you recommend Hierophant or Occultist more. I'm having trouble grasping the real difference between the two in terms of actual strength
"
loOlBlizZ wrote:
"
Syliania wrote:
"
xRagnokx wrote:
Newbie question, why need Chaos resist if you have CI?

u dont need chaos resist with occultist but with hierophant u need it ;)

latest version here doesnt have Withering Presence, it shows Malediction for the curses and Vile Bastion for the ES as ascendancies, so i wonder what do you mean with the occultist doesnt needing Chaos res? but the CI reads immune to chaos dmg so that should be why pob shows 100% Chaos resist?

yes CI on occultist gives 100% chaos resistance so u are immune without any chaos resists on gear and ascendancy. So u dont need to look for chaos resists anymore. A huge advantage so you just have to focus on getting your agi over your int with your rare gear and take as many as es as you can ;). the 24% quality enchant is a huge buff in my opinion too!
so im kinda confused when i started i red something about occ is better coz of ascendency so i started one then u switched to storm brand totems and now its hiero strom brand selfcast what happened can u help me out?
"
freshy90 wrote:
so im kinda confused when i started i red something about occ is better coz of ascendency so i started one then u switched to storm brand totems and now its hiero strom brand selfcast what happened can u help me out?

i think you can do both but CI occultist storm brand is easier to gear in my opinion. Because u dont have to equip chaos resist items. I started as arc totems myself. Then switched to storm brand ci occultist and im happy as it turned out. Everything is better. Clearspeed, tankyness, dmg and the playstyle is fun to play too.
What contributes to the 76% converted to chaos number?

Incandescent is 18, Ebers is 8, Amulet is 10, Weapon is 20, Atziri Flask is 15.

Am I missing anything?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info