[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Durzaka wrote:
Im a pretty big newb despite playing for 3 seasons now, but in the Arc 4L section it says Arc-Minefield-Added Cold Damage-Increased Crit Strike.

But wheres the mine part? Minefield doesnt turn skills into Mines it only supports mines. What am I missing here?

the mine part would come from socketed gems are supported by level x blastchain mine which you can get on shaper helmets, if you don't have that you would drop minefield for blastchain
del
Last edited by _PBS_ on Dec 13, 2019, 4:15:48 AM
Which passive tree should I follow - that from 3.8 patch or Leveling section?
Hello

Thanks for making the guide. I have a few questions/comments:

- Why is Arc supported with Added Cold damage? Is it to chill/freeze opponents?
- For a 6 link Pyroclast, the guide mentions twice Minefield as part of the 6 link but the PoB uses controlled destruction. Which one is preferred?
- For the Arc 4 link, the PoB has Trap & Mine dmg support, which is not mentioned in the guide. The guide mentions Increased Critical Strikes or Minefield. Which one is preferred?

- The Ascendancy section of the guide mentions to take Demolitionist, which is probably outdated as it is opposite to the PoB and 3.8 update section (might be confusing for some people)

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by HarryBolls on Dec 13, 2019, 6:06:21 AM
"
HarryBolls wrote:
Hello

Thanks for making the guide. I have a few questions/comments:

- Why is Arc supported with Added Cold damage? Is it to chill/freeze opponents?
- For a 6 link Pyroclast, the guide mentions twice Minefield as part of the 6 link but the PoB uses controlled destruction. Which one is preferred?
- For the Arc 4 link, the PoB has Trap & Mine dmg support, which is not mentioned in the guide. The guide mentions Increased Critical Strikes or Minefield. Which one is preferred?

- The Ascendancy section of the guide mentions to take Demolitionist, which is probably outdated as it is opposite to the PoB and 3.8 update section (might be confusing for some people)

Thanks in advance.

1. It's to shatter so we don't have to worry about dangerous corpses

2. Controlled destruction

3. Either works but I think I would prefer inc crit for more reliable shattering
You didn't mention the (vaal) grace in the gem section - or did I miss it ?

EDIT : My PoB link error, anybody else? EDIT2: FIXED. New PoB v. 2 days ago^^
Last edited by elj0ven on Dec 13, 2019, 11:06:37 AM
"
SC Trade Metamorph player here.

Still can't decide what skill to pick up for league. ARC Mine? Pyroblast Mine? Glacial Cascade Mine? Icicle Mine? Ball Lightning Mine?

HELP

C
A
N
T
D
E
C
I
D
E

as far as I know you can switch between these in late game without too much of a hassle if you don't like whatever you are using, just level up the other gems in your secondary weapon
Last edited by matesasd on Dec 13, 2019, 1:49:47 PM
if we wanted to manually detonate and get rid of spell totem what could be a good gem to use? Maybee wave of conviction if we get fire dmg the highest on it for fire exposure?
i played Arc Mine as my league starter and for most of Betrayal and loved it. What exactly really changed regarding game play? I watched a video of a arc miner from last league and it still looked the same compared to when I played it a few leagues ago.
IGN: DabrixRN
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
i played Arc Mine as my league starter and for most of Betrayal and loved it. What exactly really changed regarding game play? I watched a video of a arc miner from last league and it still looked the same compared to when I played it a few leagues ago.

3.9 - Increased range between Arc chain.
3.8 - Throw mines instead of place, instant first detonation, lots of rebalancing on gems, ascend, etc, and mana flask change to allow overmana (QoL). Wasn't a fan of old mine playstyle tbh.

Can't remember the other changes, but OP covers some of the changes each league in first post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info