[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Lissmano wrote:
Good guide overall.
Just slightly confusing about the gearing part, especially the Helmet slot. You mention in the 'Ideal Gear' section that the most important stat is a +1 mine mod on the helmet. On the section above that (SSF stuff) you mention that it's no longer possible to get +1 mine on a helmet, which one is it? >_>

Just updated the ideal gear section. You can no longer get it
"
Streeetz wrote:
Iam actually doing / did a test run with arc mines / ice spear mines.
The problem i have for ice spear mines is:

Zealotry (or Wrath) is using 50% Mana
Herald of Thunder uses 25%

75% Mana reserved

Its still okay when using Arc Mines to clear trash.
But when it comes to a bossfight, iam only able to lay down 12 mines actually (i took the way with passives as mentioned and actually beeing level 44 or sth.

Is there another - more effecient way - am i missing sth ?

Also - is the bandit part still updated ?

Do we still help Alira ?
Or do we kill all ?
Or does it not matter that much?

Probably for a league starter its still better to kill Alira - since gearing gets easier - especially when there is not that much gear available ?

You shouldn't be reserved any mana, You use the auras to help you level and then stop when you spec into MoM. Then when you can afford essence worm you get 1 free aura without effecting your mana pool, which is now EHP with MoM
"
nabil9348 wrote:
Hi. I really like this guide but there are many things that I do not understand, since I see things that do not fit with today, you could update it to start the morning 3.9. Thank you and greetings.

I would like you to put updated gem setups and even clearer so that newbies like me can clarify ourselves better. Thank you very much.

Updated PoB, Ideal Gear, gems, and the leveling section. Let me know if I missed anything
Great build man, haven't played a trap character since D2, really looking forward to starting the new league with this
"
AnActualHorn wrote:
You shouldn't be reserved any mana, You use the auras to help you level and then stop when you spec into MoM. Then when you can afford essence worm you get 1 free aura without effecting your mana pool, which is now EHP with MoM

Probably worth adding a few words about that in the "Gem Setup" section, currently it just says "Aura Gems: Use Zealotry".

The "Normally you don't want to reserve any mana when you go Mind over Matter" situation is only mentioned in the Gear section.
Hello, I am just wondering, WHY not use Skitterbots? Or did i not find where they are in the guide?
"
Stormzerker wrote:
Hello, I am just wondering, WHY not use Skitterbots? Or did i not find where they are in the guide?

More effective HP. I ran it last league with Explosive Expert ascendancy for ele pen on chilled mobs.

"
AnActualHorn wrote:
Updated PoB, Ideal Gear, gems, and the leveling section. Let me know if I missed anything

Thanks for updating. I was going to leave some notes tomorrow for people that are following the Arc hype, but you've fixed a lot of what I was going to add.

Additional notes to consider if you want to fine tune:
-For people who are just using the 1 elemental (I'm trying only Arc), +1 to element on weapons is another high tier mod to look for. All subject to change though until we see the shaper/elder map scarcity.
-Skin of the Loyal for possible +3 mines was great until I reached red maps and needed more survival. Colors might be expensive though this league and may need flexible supports to be effective and cheap.
-Shroud of the Lightless is another armor to look at after league start prices drop. The Extra life/mana/ES plus the ele pen that might come in handy with the monster resist increase this league and save the fusing headache. I used it last league with GC mines and saved quite a few for other chars.
-Blight annointment - I used Destructive Apparatus, needs 1 silver oil though. Maybe a budget annointment too if you want to go that far assuming silver might be over an exalt, like Battle Rouse or Efficient Explosives.
-RIP multi-modded scepter in ideal gear. 2 less crafted mods.

Also, I'd recommend adding a second PoB to avoid apeople asking what to skip if not getting going to 100. I'd suggest like a 90ish. Mine is skipping 3 for Bulwark (re-routed near Pain Attune), 1 from Successive wheel, 2 from power charge, and something else.

Looking forward to the league :)
You didn't mention the (vaal) grace in the gem section - or did I miss it ?
Im a pretty big newb despite playing for 3 seasons now, but in the Arc 4L section it says Arc-Minefield-Added Cold Damage-Increased Crit Strike.

But wheres the mine part? Minefield doesnt turn skills into Mines it only supports mines. What am I missing here?
And now explain what i use until i get the shaper stuff. it seems like it is going to be rare enough to be a problem to get hold of. and i'd like to know what i'm supposed to use while getting there especially when using it as a leauge start.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info