[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Th3LoRD wrote:

We're not interested in the Remote Mine gem mod. We're interested only in the +1 mine.

I put my CWDT setup in helm.

Care to explain why you prefer to ignore the remote mine mod and use a gem in your setup? Why not put the Arc in your helm as a pseudo 6link and have a spire trap 6link in your body armour?
"
I have done Uber elder deathless with and without Kaom's roots by now. It is definitely easier with the boots. The siphon is a stronger version than the one red elder uses. You could get a belt with resist to fit the boots in.
Either way, most people seem to be killing uber elder with this build without too many problems. Just don't stand still or walk towards or away from shaper. Best run in circles and burst them down quickly.

As for your gear: the hybridcraft spelldmg/asextra is clearly stronger on a weapon or is that league specific? (or invest in a completely new one) belt&ring look a bit weak, too.

And gems: main setup looks good for bossing. I generally prefer vaalRF over vaalgrace for bosses to burst them down quickly, but neither one is that good for uber elder because of the many phases. If in standard, maybe you have an old quantity gem for a culling setup? I don't know what other crazy options are available in standard though.

Thank you for the reply and i will look into it. Yes I play in standard so i dont think i can craft what u mentioned. Maybe i will give vaal righteous fire a try as well, do you think vaal summon skeleton has any use in uber elder at all? I would doubt it would since they would die too quickly (but they are useful for some map bosses and shaper guardians), maybe i will replace that with vaal righteous fire and keep vaal grace. Culling strike would be nice but i don't know what I would link it to.
Currently level 78 with this build.
What can i do to improve it more?

As the main post is largely aimed at beginners, but many people here ask about endgame setups, I wanted to post my own version for reference aimed at people who have reached lvl 80+.

This setup can very easily do all content and is quite tanky as well. It is worth about 40-50ex but you can get the same with ~20% less damage for 20-30ex. If you don't know how to get that much currency, some simple options are: 1) play a lot 2)syndicate blocking for research 3) low lvl delving.

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/6X68FgFw

Defensive Tools:
-8k+ life+MoM
-acrobatics+phase acrobatics+vaal grace for dodge/spell dodge
-82% effective elemental resists, 22% chaos resists
-2k evasion+blind
-Brine King against stuns

Offensive Stats:
-3.3m dps against standard bosses with 90% crit for shattersin mapping setup
-6.5m dps against shaper/guardians/elder in bossing setup

Gear:
Spoiler

Main link: arc+remote mine+ trap and mine damage+ controlled destruction + increased critical strike + added cold damage (the last two are replaced by ele focus + add lightning for shaper/uber-elder)

Other gems:
Spoiler
vaal grace + phase run + inc duration + clarity (lvl 1, just for watcher's eye)
lightning spire trap+lightning pen + ele focus + trap and mine damage (lightning pen is probably not optimal)
CWDT (lvl 1) +IC (lvl 3) + enfeeble (lvl 5) + inc duration
flame dash+faster casting+arcane surge (lvl 7)
portal+stone golem+faster casting
wrath (can be swapped for purity of elements in ele-weakness maps)

Alt gear for bossing:
Spoiler

Things to note:
-The Wise Oak is triple balanced
-positive chaos resists trivializes incursions and It
-boot enchanments are easy to get and quite powerful for this build as we never kill or crit by ourselves. You want crit chance, added lightning, or penetration.
-cannot be frozen on boots opens up a flask slot/suffix
-dex on the ring is needed for highlvl phase run, vaal grace, and bear trap
-white sockets in helmet and chest allow us to swap gems.
-the craft on the belt was stupid and a waste of 1ex.

How to go even further:
-Get arc chains an additional time enchantment on helmet as well as the phys taken as fire craft.
-try to fit in some mine laying speed
-one can certainly improve amulet/ring/gloves/boots further for a bit of extra life or damage. However, any upgrade is non-trivial as I want to stay balanced on my elemental resistances.
-currently trying to craft this wand which would be stronger then either one of mine:
Spoiler
Last edited by chochom on Jan 5, 2019, 12:05:33 AM
"
Jst_1994 wrote:
Currently level 78 with this build.
What can i do to improve it more?

Almost all of your gear has an open suffix or prefix that you can master craft on, definitely do this asap.
Took down UE for the first time with this char

was actually easy once i crafted myself two of these babys! can HIGHLY RECOMMEND one in each hand :)
"
donaldtroll wrote:
Took down UE for the first time with this char

was actually easy once i crafted myself two of these babys! can HIGHLY RECOMMEND one in each hand :)

Wow how did you craft this?
"
Carmion wrote:
Also a question on the gem links.

I now have a +mine helm and a 6l Loreweave and I am unsure if to put Arc into the helm or into the chest and what to add to the 6l.

I know there is probably not a "best" answer, but atm I feel a bit lost.

Changing Arc from helm to chest actually gives just one more link, as remote mine is already on the helm. And putting Lightning Spire into the helm feels weak, as it is lacking some punch in a 4l. Is it actually worth laying in a 4l?

I see the guide recommending Arc in the chest and Lightning Spire in the helm, but most people seem to do it the other way round.

And help is greatly appreciated :)

So the original post has been updated by now, clarifying that the 6l will be Lightning Spire and the 4l will be Arc Thank you so far, as that this is answered now.

But as someone pointed out before, the text in the Gem link section and the pictures do not match. Which is the newer information?

Sorry, really still a noob in this :)
"
Carmion wrote:
Also a question on the gem links.

I now have a +mine helm and a 6l Loreweave and I am unsure if to put Arc into the helm or into the chest and what to add to the 6l.

I know there is probably not a "best" answer, but atm I feel a bit lost.

Changing Arc from helm to chest actually gives just one more link, as remote mine is already on the helm. And putting Lightning Spire into the helm feels weak, as it is lacking some punch in a 4l. Is it actually worth laying in a 4l?

I see the guide recommending Arc in the chest and Lightning Spire in the helm, but most people seem to do it the other way round.

And help is greatly appreciated :)

So the original post has been updated by now, clarifying that the 6l will be Lightning Spire and the 4l will be Arc Thank you so far, as that this is answered now.

But as someone pointed out before, the text in the Gem link section and the pictures do not match. Which is the newer information?

Sorry, really still a noob in this :)
can you explain the gem setups better? You have different links in the POB. in the pictures directly on this post, the gems in the loreweave are different from the gem setup you have listed right below it. legit like 3 different body armour gem setups, and i'm completely lost on what to use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info