[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Also I am on Xbox so certain things are nearly unobtainable like awakened supports don’t really exist and purchasing helmets with specific enchants just can’t be done.
Thanks!

There are quite a few things the LL variation need and you miss the overall effect if you don't have them all and I don't know Xbox market to know how easy some of the stuff is to get. Probably would not recommend LL variation for you then unless you want to try fossil crafting some ES gear yourself with Dense fossils (find videos on YT, I bought most of my gear and just looked for prefix/suffix crafts).

50ish Regret Orbs - Probably have them yourself.
Presence of Chayula - Big boost to ES, chaos res, and stun. Tranquility annoint is a lot of damage.
Prism Guardian or high ES shield - Prism is a lot of damage from the extra auras, res, and dex . Or a 250+ ES shield can add up to like 1500 ES.
Sin Trek - Flat ES, dex, movement speed. Rare boots with high ES can be used, but Sin's do a lot of good stuff. Lab enchant them yourself.
Rings with good INT, ES/ES %, res, and damage/curse if you can get it.
High ES helmet - Since enchant is not a thing, just aiming for at least 250-300 ES with solid res and maybe INT or add in some fossils for the - res.
Gloves - You guessed it, more ES and res. Like 150+, and possibly damage like Silk Gloves or some of the other mods.
Belt - Crystal Belt with additional flat ES, ES %, etc and res as you can get it.

Just inspected your gear after writing all that stuff and I'm way too tired to correct it. Going to leave it in case it has something useful to you or other people considering to change. I have no idea where you are at with gearing as you are still wearing stuff with no ES, Essence Worm, etc. I'd recommend using PoB and importing the LL PoB I linked of my char on the last page to compare with your own import. Add-in your ES gear, re-do your passives all in the application and then make changes in the game to save you a lot of hassle. IE: Look at an ES armor for sale, import/craft it into PoB, compare the change it actually makes to your ES, and then buy it if is a worthy change.

If you are not swimming in Dense Fossils or have a market to buy ES gear, I don't see you getting over 6-7k ES. Damage would probably go up, but still just as fragile to new atlas content as the life variant.
Spoiler
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Also I am on Xbox so certain things are nearly unobtainable like awakened supports don’t really exist and purchasing helmets with specific enchants just can’t be done.
Thanks!

There are quite a few things the LL variation need and you miss the overall effect if you don't have them all and I don't know Xbox market to know how easy some of the stuff is to get. Probably would not recommend LL variation for you then unless you want to try fossil crafting some ES gear yourself with Dense fossils (find videos on YT, I bought most of my gear and just looked for prefix/suffix crafts).

50ish Regret Orbs - Probably have them yourself.
Presence of Chayula - Big boost to ES, chaos res, and stun. Tranquility annoint is a lot of damage.
Prism Guardian or high ES shield - Prism is a lot of damage from the extra auras, res, and dex . Or a 250+ ES shield can add up to like 1500 ES.
Sin Trek - Flat ES, dex, movement speed. Rare boots with high ES can be used, but Sin's do a lot of good stuff. Lab enchant them yourself.
Rings with good INT, ES/ES %, res, and damage/curse if you can get it.
High ES helmet - Since enchant is not a thing, just aiming for at least 250-300 ES with solid res and maybe INT or add in some fossils for the - res.
Gloves - You guessed it, more ES and res. Like 150+, and possibly damage like Silk Gloves or some of the other mods.
Belt - Crystal Belt with additional flat ES, ES %, etc and res as you can get it.

Just inspected your gear after writing all that stuff and I'm way too tired to correct it. Going to leave it in case it has something useful to you or other people considering to change. I have no idea where you are at with gearing as you are still wearing stuff with no ES, Essence Worm, etc. I'd recommend using PoB and importing the LL PoB I linked of my char on the last page to compare with your own import. Add-in your ES gear, re-do your passives all in the application and then make changes in the game to save you a lot of hassle. IE: Look at an ES armor for sale, import/craft it into PoB, compare the change it actually makes to your ES, and then buy it if is a worthy change.

If you are not swimming in Dense Fossils or have a market to buy ES gear, I don't see you getting over 6-7k ES. Damage would probably go up, but still just as fragile to new atlas content as the life variant.

Lmao sorry I only got Shav’s and the Presence of Chayula as they’re 100% necessary. I also respecced to what I thought was most fitting for now. Not sure if I want to keep the stretch going to Destructive Apparatus but I’ll try it for now. Now I wait for my Loreweave and Watcher’s Eye to hopefully sell in a reasonable time. Thanks for the detailed description, I had forgotten about the shield. Either way, i only had 3.7k hp and like 5k eHP w MoM setup so once it gets rolling I have faith it’ll be better survivability wise.
Btw What causes the eventual rise in damage, additional auras?
"

Auras (Zealotry + Wrath alone is 37% MORE and then add in Heralds for flat damage or defensive/Haste aura), Pain Attunement (30% MORE damage when below 30% life), and Tranquility (30% of ES % as spell damage) will add another ~70% increased damage when you can afford it. So like the equivalent of adding 2-3 extra supports to all of your spells.
Spoiler
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"

Auras (Zealotry + Wrath alone is 37% MORE and then add in Heralds for flat damage or defensive/Haste aura), Pain Attunement (30% MORE damage when below 30% life), and Tranquility (30% of ES % as spell damage) will add another ~70% increased damage when you can afford it. So like the equivalent of adding 2-3 extra supports to all of your spells.

How am I supposed to have all these auras? Do I need to spec more into reduced mana reservation? I can’t even activate Zealotry, Wrath, and Discipline, much less adding any heralds after this. Am I supposed to drop skitterbots to continue?

Edit: it was the essence worm causing a lot of confusion.
Last edited by Al Kharid Guard on Jan 23, 2020, 11:41:40 AM
Hey fellas !

I’ve been following the original build with loreweave, essence worm and tremor rod. I don’t play as much as previous leagues but i m doing OK at red maps tiers 11/12. But i really feel squishy (i did improve my dodge game though, kinda had to) and damage is alright : i clear trash mobs with arc mines and bosses with lightning balls.

Now i read the build evolved : either go kaom/TR or LLsomething. I m too poor for the LL build but i should be good for the kaom/TR. Thing is it seems arc mine become THE primary skill for everything but to me it seems lacking in dps.
Now i know some of the things i need to improve : i need to 6L tremor rod, i need to get the last lab (2 trials are eluding me), i ll need to switch my essence worm ring for a different one. But that’s about it, i m a bit overwhelmed by the changes of the build.
I know some of you have been really helpful but if you ve got a bit more courage to help a noob i d gladly take some advices on how to improve my gear and passive tree.

Thanks guys !

Edit : oh also how do we profit from the fire damage mod from kaom’s ?
Last edited by The_Dirtyhippy on Jan 23, 2020, 11:42:08 AM
Spoiler
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"

Okay, so I’ve made a lot of changes today. I know there’s still room for improvement but I’m at 6.5k ES right now. My only problem is that I find arc doesn’t have the damage output that ball lightning did for single target. I can burst down about half of the metamorphs health when it spawns but after that my damage seems minimal, which I think is due to the blastchain effect as opposed to me being used to high impact? Do you have any advice on that? Just feel like my single target is lacking now, but I definitely have more survivability. If you don’t mind just giving my build a quick look over again and some advice on where to go from here would be great. I’m trying to get a Doryani’s Delusion next but if you have other suggestions I’d love to hear it. Thanks!
"

:) - That ring has been pretty bad since the mine changes a few leagues ago. I just don't see its value anymore, catalysts actually make it worse, and one of the first things I always recommend people to get rid of despite the guide.

"

I don't know play PSN markets, hopefully any gear changes below are affordable for you.

Level 21 Vaal Arc. Only 15c on PC and adds a good chunk of flat damage and the extra chain over level 20.
I would swap in Controlled Destruction, Minefield, Trap/Mine, or Hypothermia over Charged Mines and Added Cold. Add one of the others for 6 link. Minefield is much faster for setting up lots of mines. Charged only offers 75% crit chance, 12% damage, and the throwing speed and you can get enough Added Cold on jewels and ring enchants to still freeze mobs from time to time.
Quality on supports except for Arc. Adds a little bit more damage at 20/20. Can vendor level 20 gems with a GCP to get them to 1/20 to level back.
Arcane Surge is too high. Should only be level 7 max with that set-up so it procs with every Flame Dash. Vendor with GCP and don't go past 7.
Replace Essence Worm. Rare ring with life, resists, and damage as you can afford. Empty prefix to add light/cold or cold/fire ring enchant. Probably going to need STR for the Kaom's.
Boot set-up is weird. I would look into a CWDT 9 with Desecrate and Volatile Dead up to the max level on the CWDT and Life Leech 20. Some passive life leech when you take damage as mines don't leech (unsocket CWDT for reflect maps).
Replace Loreweave with Kaom's, high HP to help build survive. Fire damage does nothing, it is just for the 500 HP and then additional HP from passives and jewels adds more. No sockets, so just whatever is in Tremor to clear everything. At endgame, you can reach 6.5k HP without MoM, and that is around 700 life regen per second.
Enchant on boots. Flat lightning, crit chance, or ele pen all add quite a bit of damage to this build since we don't crit or kill, our mines do.
Upgrade the one hp/mana jewel and maybe belt jewel too. Anything with "to attacks" does not apply to spells like Arc.
Your Quicksilver is normal. Add additional movement speed or increased effect. Move bleed removal to life flask and add curse removal on quicksilver. Replace Forbidden Taste to Atziri's Promise with 14 or 15 elemental damage.

Passives:
I don't value Elemental Focus or Saboteur at your level. Save 4 points there.
Move 4 points to the bridge between Prodigal and Throatseeker.
Move Morbid Portent jewel to other side 2-point jewel.
Move 3 points above that old jewel slot to Throatseeker. May need to add dex to the jewel replacing Morbid if you use level 20 Hypothermia.
From there I would replace Mystic Bulwark 3 points (keep Prodigal) for your choice of more survival or more damage. 2 5% HP nodes and something else, 1 and Saboteur, 3 for Crackling speed, etc.
Once you get Kaom's, the 5% HP's are a lot more value. Probably drop MoM and Deep Wisdom when swapping for 4 points to take any missing HP/STR and some more damage.

"
If you don’t mind just giving my build a quick look over again and some advice on where to go from here would be great. I’m trying to get a Doryani’s Delusion next but if you have other suggestions I’d love to hear it. Thanks!

ES on gloves is still low. Getting to even 150 ES gloves is like 300 additional ES.
Not sure about those boots. They provide damage, but less ES and dex than Sin Trek. Either will add like 600 ES though. But you're going to run into some res issues over your rare boots.
I personally would take faster shield recharge on rings over damage. ES recharge has a 2 second timer, and 30% from 2 rings makes it 0.6 seconds quicker. Not much, but can be helpful on some of the more intense fights.
Replace life flask with Wise Oak (15 elemental ideal) if lightning res remains highest. Keep a life flask handy in stash or change maps when you need to recover life to use auras.
One of your jewels still has life, and no ES % on either. Crit chance % is not great on jewels. Ideally want that Energy Within for extra 300 ES plus the ES from Melding wheel, adding a total of like 700 ES.
Not taking Arcane Vision for the Light radius?
Probably trade Destructive Apparatus to grab Unnatural Calm from the bottom side instead. Should have 2 points left for the right-side jewel for more damage/es. Flat ES and damage to spells has been cheap for me sometimes.
Add Blood Magic to helm and you can reserve those 2 auras (not connected to Flame.. which I think Stone Golem is better for survival). More mana unreserved for mines.

As far as damage goes, it depends on the boss. I've got quite a bit of penetration over you with Conductivity and Wise Oak plus the other gear like helm enchant. Make sure you are comboing correctly: Open Meta, Vaal Arc first (lucky buff), maximum Arc mines, Flasks + RF, and then detonate. If anything survives, you can then start stacking additional Blastchain up to the set needed. High-Impact will start shining a bit more with bosses that survive the first wave, but Blastchain is better if they won't.
Spoiler
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"

:) - That ring has been pretty bad since the mine changes a few leagues ago. I just don't see its value anymore, catalysts actually make it worse, and one of the first things I always recommend people to get rid of despite the guide.

"

I don't know play PSN markets, hopefully any gear changes below are affordable for you.

Level 21 Vaal Arc. Only 15c on PC and adds a good chunk of flat damage and the extra chain over level 20.
I would swap in Controlled Destruction, Minefield, Trap/Mine, or Hypothermia over Charged Mines and Added Cold. Add one of the others for 6 link. Minefield is much faster for setting up lots of mines. Charged only offers 75% crit chance, 12% damage, and the throwing speed and you can get enough Added Cold on jewels and ring enchants to still freeze mobs from time to time.
Quality on supports except for Arc. Adds a little bit more damage at 20/20. Can vendor level 20 gems with a GCP to get them to 1/20 to level back.
Arcane Surge is too high. Should only be level 7 max with that set-up so it procs with every Flame Dash. Vendor with GCP and don't go past 7.
Replace Essence Worm. Rare ring with life, resists, and damage as you can afford. Empty prefix to add light/cold or cold/fire ring enchant. Probably going to need STR for the Kaom's.
Boot set-up is weird. I would look into a CWDT 9 with Desecrate and Volatile Dead up to the max level on the CWDT and Life Leech 20. Some passive life leech when you take damage as mines don't leech (unsocket CWDT for reflect maps).
Replace Loreweave with Kaom's, high HP to help build survive. Fire damage does nothing, it is just for the 500 HP and then additional HP from passives and jewels adds more. No sockets, so just whatever is in Tremor to clear everything. At endgame, you can reach 6.5k HP without MoM, and that is around 700 life regen per second.
Enchant on boots. Flat lightning, crit chance, or ele pen all add quite a bit of damage to this build since we don't crit or kill, our mines do.
Upgrade the one hp/mana jewel and maybe belt jewel too. Anything with "to attacks" does not apply to spells like Arc.
Your Quicksilver is normal. Add additional movement speed or increased effect. Move bleed removal to life flask and add curse removal on quicksilver. Replace Forbidden Taste to Atziri's Promise with 14 or 15 elemental damage.

Passives:
Move 3 points above that old jewel slot to Throatseeker. May need to add dex to the jewel replacing Morbid if you use level 20 Hypothermia.
From there I would replace Mystic Bulwark 3 points (keep Prodigal) for your choice of more survival or more damage. 2 5% HP nodes and something else, 1 and Saboteur, 3 for Crackling speed, etc.
Once you get Kaom's, the 5% HP's are a lot more value. Probably drop MoM and Deep Wisdom when swapping for 4 points to take any missing HP/STR and some more damage.

"
If you don’t mind just giving my build a quick look over again and some advice on where to go from here would be great. I’m trying to get a Doryani’s Delusion next but if you have other suggestions I’d love to hear it. Thanks!

ES on gloves is still low. Getting to even 150 ES gloves is like 300 additional ES.
Not sure about those boots. They provide damage, but less ES and dex than Sin Trek. Either will add like 600 ES though. But you're going to run into some res issues over your rare boots.
I personally would take faster shield recharge on rings over damage. ES recharge has a 2 second timer, and 30% from 2 rings makes it 0.6 seconds quicker. Not much, but can be helpful on some of the more intense fights.
Replace life flask with Wise Oak (15 elemental ideal) if lightning res remains highest. Keep a life flask handy in stash or change maps when you need to recover life to use auras.
One of your jewels still has life, and no ES % on either. Crit chance % is not great on jewels. Ideally want that Energy Within for extra 300 ES plus the ES from Melding wheel, adding a total of like 700 ES.
Probably trade Destructive Apparatus to grab Unnatural Calm from the bottom side instead. Should have 2 points left for the right-side jewel for more damage/es. Flat ES and damage to spells has been cheap for me sometimes.
Add Blood Magic to helm and you can reserve those 2 auras (not connected to Flame.. which I think Stone Golem is better for survival). More mana unreserved for mines.

As far as damage goes, it depends on the boss. I've got quite a bit of penetration over you with Conductivity and Wise Oak plus the other gear like helm enchant. Make sure you are comboing correctly: Open Meta, Vaal Arc first (lucky buff), maximum Arc mines, Flasks + RF, and then detonate. If anything survives, you can then start stacking additional Blastchain up to the set needed. High-Impact will start shining a bit more with bosses that survive the first wave, but Blastchain is better if they won't.

Sorry I’m so awful at formatting lmao. So I redid a bit of my tree and lost destructive apparatus and a couple other things to get Heart of Thunder and the node that increases effect of auras for a ton more damage. Still not one shotting but it’s progress. I got a Doryani’s boots, I just need to enchant them. If you look on PoE ninja a good bit of the top arc mine builds are using it(like 40% vs 12% for sin trek) so I’m gonna try to just jump straight to that. Then I’ll just have to find some new gloves and balance out my resists. Also trying to grab some jewels but it’s time consuming on console. My rings were just quick crafts that worked for now, also hard to find on trade. Feel like I’m doing decent though? Hard to say I don’t really have much ES or even endgame experience lol.
How much life do you have after your blood magics? I had 26 life just now and felt weird about it but does it really matter? Same w mana, as long as I have enough to drop all 23 mines, do I really need more?
Spoiler
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"

"

Passives:

"

Thanks a lot for your feedback, you’re a legend. Hopefully gonna start to work on that later today. Already got Kaom’s, the rest should be somewhat easy to get, Vaal arc mine could be tough/expensive on ps4 though
"
How much life do you have after your blood magics? I had 26 life just now and felt weird about it but does it really matter? Same w mana, as long as I have enough to drop all 23 mines, do I really need more?

The enchant alone adds like 10% damage. Depending on your crit chance, the crit chance one was pretty nice for me and getting more consistent crits. Ended up being the highest PoB DPS increase for me out of the options.
Sin Trek is slightly higher for miners in general, Dory's just happens to be higher for Arc for some reason, not sure why. Minimal difference in grand scheme, probably shines more when you are not restricted by Dex. But if you're having to spend passives just to get Dex, it ruins the damage gained.
Life remaining doesn't matter as long as it is under 30%. I just go for the lower possible by leveling Clarity.
I would avoid full mana reserve with 23 mines.. I usually leave at least 100 or so just so I can cast Flame Dash or other skills as needed. Just depends on your mana regen. Like I played a little bit of LL self-cast Divine Ire and my mana regen far exceeded my mana spent, so I could reserve my mana down to like 100 mana unreserved if I wanted to.

Also just noticed.. your weapon is not that great. I just noticed the multi-mod is for Attacks ele pen, so does nothing for Arc. So you have a 3 damage mod scepter with low crafted spell damage. 20% chance to annul it off to craft something better, 60% chance to brick it though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info