[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Level of aura gems is usually always better at higher levels, but Precision and Clarity are 2 of the subjective ones. They reserve more mana the higher level they are.
Precision 1 - 40% crit chance and some accuracy that doesn't matter, 22 mana.
Precision 20 - 59% crit chance and some more accuracy that doesn't matter, 186 mana.
Thus, level 1 is better for the mana it reserves. Clarity is similar in that it gives a lot more mana regen, but we don't need that much to be effective. Better to keep low to reserve less mana.

So with those 3 auras, it should only reserve 35% for skitterbots + like a flat 22 for Precision and 76 for a level 4 Clarity.

So this gave me an idea, What if i tried using zealotry + skitterbots but with level 1 precision instead? I tried it out and only had enough mp to put 3-4 mines. But after using 4 points on the skill tree, my skills cost less mp and can put up to 15 mines while using other skills to escape such as flame dash. My dps improved alot by combining these 2 auras, what do you think?

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Also, I noticed your are now not maxed on lightning res. If you're done gearing for now, switch your boot craft to lightning res.

do you mean chaos res? I have 149 fire res, 113 cold res , 78% lightning res and -60 chaos res

Also when do you use desecrate exactly? the dps seems rather weak so i end up forgetting about it

also since i managed to get win 10 ex last night i think i can upgrade some stuff. I'll start with my helmet , whats a better enchantment, 40% more arc damage or arc chaining 1 more time
Last edited by Njaku on Jan 19, 2020, 1:54:10 PM

I can run through T16 with ease but keep dying to stupid 1 shots. Also I feel that with 4.2k health, 500 ES I'm a bit low life ?

Any Suggestions for my Items on what I'd do better ? I have around 4ex budget right now.

Appreciate it !
Last edited by Davwader on Jan 20, 2020, 2:06:01 AM
I'm at a crossroad now, thinking whether to buy a 6l Loreweave, or switch to LL ES build. I have 5ex and ~50c right now.

Is LL ES really more sturdy than this guide's current build? (MoM, Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics)
I know my current gear is quite trash, but I'm getting killed quite unexpectedly quick at tier 11-12onwards.

LL ES looks to have better damage for sure with all the extra auras.
"
Njaku wrote:
also since i managed to get win 10 ex last night i think i can upgrade some stuff. I'll start with my helmet , whats a better enchantment, 40% more arc damage or arc chaining 1 more time

Up to you for stacking both auras. If you do, you can add an Enlighten 3 (30c) to reduce their mana reserved too giving you more mana for mines. If you only have enough mana for 15 mines, you're missing out a good chunk of boss nuke damage. 6 mines plus the Blastchain aura effect of more damage per mine in chain.

Just going by what was in your PoB when I checked. It said you only had 63 lightning res for some reason. Just checked again and now it said you only have 68 cold res.. so whatever the case, just make sure you are staying at 75+ res. I also recommend stacking chaos res if you have spare suffixes.

40% is much cheaper, +1 chain is slightly more damage and extra chain for mobs.

No idea what you're talking about for Desecrate. Volatile Dead and Desecrate are auto-casted when you take damage thanks to CWDT. If you can cast it, then gem levels are off.

"
Davwader wrote:
Any Suggestions for my Items on what I'd do better ? I have around 4ex budget right now.

Sell Loreweave, use currency to buy Kaom's and better gear. Use Arc for everything.
Replace Essence, get another life, res, dmg ring and probably STR for Kaom's. My recommended auras are Skitterbots, Precision level 1, and some low level Clarity.
Vaal 21 Arc, quality not necessary, 15c for like 10-15% damage.
I would use Controlled Destruction, Hypothermia, and Trap & Mine Damage over Charged Mines and Added Cold/Lightning. Hypothermia can proc off of Skitterbots and just a bit of flat cold damage to spells on jewels/ring crafts.
Quality on spells. Can vendor a level 20 with a GCP and get a level 1 with 20% quality. Less damage to start with, more damage later.
WED doesn't work for spells. You have it on your amulet, belt, and Opal ring. And the jewel in your belt, that flat damage doesn't apply as spells are not attacks.
Lab enchant on boots. Flat damage, ele pen, or crit chance are all great.
You've got 2 CWDT set-ups that are too close together. When using more than 1, need to stagger their levels a bit like CWDT 1 and 9. I am a big fan of the CWDT, life leech, and Volatile Dead (and Desecrate if you can afford the links) set-up. Mines can't leech, and that set-up adds some passive leech when we take damage that is separate from our big regen. Just have to be careful with ele reflect maps and unsocket the CWDT.

If you want more assistance, unhide your characters tab in privacy settings and I can take a further look.

"
WangJianWei wrote:
LL ES looks to have better damage for sure with all the extra auras.

Kaom's > 6L Loreweave this league, metas can be complete jerks and do really high damage with the right mods.

I am extremely biased, but yes LL Mines is very worth it. You lose dodge and the higher end gear can be fairly expensive, but you gain massive damage, block, chaos res, and high ES which means high ES regen. With fairly expensive gear, I'm at 9.6k ES and that equates to over 1k ES regen when I've detonated 10 mines recently, even more when recharge is active.

I don't know your experience with ES gear, but this was my first actual ES and it has been quite fun for me learning what qualifies as good ES gear. I switched and only had less than 7k ES and have been steadily improving since. Not following a guide, just adlibbing the whole thing and it has been working so far.

Get very comfortable with PoB and basically have 2 layouts, the HP variant you are using currently and then your switched over LL variant. You're welcome to copy my passive tree and adjust to fit your needs, but I recommend using your own gear and import it in so you can get an accurate picture of your ES before switching. And then when you find potential upgrades, copy the item in and see if it is an actual upgrade.

5 ex feels fairly low compared to how much I invested, but starter ES gear prices may have come down since? 6L Shav's is at like 2.5-3 ex and Tranquility Chayula is about an ex (less if you get Tranquility later).
99ex for a watcher's eye holy Bat Crap Batman!! although it would put me at 11k/ES..:-0
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by dragnmith1 on Jan 20, 2020, 6:16:38 AM
What do you think about upgrade like this. Buy ring with conductivity (even without damage)> buy watcher's eye with penetration> replace lightning penetration with A>empower 3, B>added fire damage for shock effect, C>idk. Then I could remove conductivity gem, break link, put vaal rf there and run enlighten on helmet.
Last edited by DamianTaps on Jan 20, 2020, 10:08:37 AM
O
"
Sell Loreweave, use currency to buy Kaom's and better gear. Use Arc for everything.
Replace Essence, get another life, res, dmg ring and probably STR for Kaom's. My recommended auras are Skitterbots, Precision level 1, and some low level Clarity.
Vaal 21 Arc, quality not necessary, 15c for like 10-15% damage.
I would use Controlled Destruction, Hypothermia, and Trap & Mine Damage over Charged Mines and Added Cold/Lightning. Hypothermia can proc off of Skitterbots and just a bit of flat cold damage to spells on jewels/ring crafts.
Quality on spells. Can vendor a level 20 with a GCP and get a level 1 with 20% quality. Less damage to start with, more damage later.
WED doesn't work for spells. You have it on your amulet, belt, and Opal ring. And the jewel in your belt, that flat damage doesn't apply as spells are not attacks.
Lab enchant on boots. Flat damage, ele pen, or crit chance are all great.
You've got 2 CWDT set-ups that are too close together. When using more than 1, need to stagger their levels a bit like CWDT 1 and 9. I am a big fan of the CWDT, life leech, and Volatile Dead (and Desecrate if you can afford the links) set-up. Mines can't leech, and that set-up adds some passive leech when we take damage that is separate from our big regen. Just have to be careful with ele reflect maps and unsocket the CWDT.

If you want more assistance, unhide your characters tab in privacy settings and I can take a further look.

You'd be able to look at my char now. Thanks for the help inbefore.

Why Kaom's Heart, as it doesnt have any sockets ?
I totally forgot to Quality my Gems ? Is the Difference that big ?
Didn't know that Elemental Increase with Attack skills doesnt work for me :( Now I Know, thanks
What Items with Links would you recommend ? Should I change my Helmet for a Pseudo 5L Arc ?
What Level should the Aura gems be ?
Last edited by Davwader on Jan 20, 2020, 10:52:28 AM
"
DamianTaps wrote:
What do you think about upgrade like this. Buy ring with conductivity (even without damage)> buy watcher's eye with penetration> replace lightning penetration with A>empower 3, B>added fire damage for shock effect, C>idk. Then I could remove conductivity gem, break link, put vaal rf there and run enlighten on helmet.

You can if you want to, but you eventually want an Empower 4 (6 ex) in Tremor set-up. +3 levels, +2 from Rod, and level 21 Arc = level 26 which adds an additional chain. You would need to compare in PoB if Empower 3 is the best gem out of your options. I want to say that a Lightning Pen Support with a standard 2-3 dmg + HP jewel will be better than Empower 3.

"
Davwader wrote:

You'd be able to look at my char now. Thanks for the help inbefore.

Why Kaom's Heart, as it doesnt have any sockets ?
I totally forgot to Quality my Gems ? Is the Difference that big ?
Didn't know that Elemental Increase with Attack skills doesnt work for me :( Now I Know, thanks
What Items with Links would you recommend ? Should I change my Helmet for a Pseudo 5L Arc ?
What Level should the Aura gems be ?

If you use Arc only, you no longer need the sockets in your chest. 500 HP with the % HP on tree will add a nice chunk of HP which in turn means we get more regen from ascendancy. Loreweave is nice damage and the max ele res, but mine builds are usually lacking in defense, not damage.
Compare % damage in PoB. Overall it is free damage.
No worries, common mistake for new players. Luckily belt should be pretty good for someone else and Opal ring craft can be switched to % damage or flat damage (compare in PoB).
Would consider Inspiration or Lightning Penetration over Charged Mines. Penetration much better for bosses and maps with added res, Inspiration better everywhere else.
Other gem links and helmet look fine for now, just not sure about running both Zealotry and Skitter without Enlighten. Do you have enough mana to put out a full set of mines for bosses? If not, I would personally not use both auras. Gem levels on auras only matters for stuff like Precision and Clarity, your other auras should be 20/21.

Passive tree:
Missing a passive from quests or have one unalloacated?
Remove Elemental Focus and Saboteur, just path through Assassination in that section. Save 4 points.
Complete bridge near Throatseeker to Prodigal Perfection, remove 3 points for Mystic Bulwark. Save 3 points.
6 points to complete Phase Acrobatics, 1 more to complete Throatseeker.
Move crit chance to crit multi on Successful Detonations wheel.
With Kaom's, I'd probably take off MoM, Deep Wisdom, and Arcane Will. 4 points to spend on 5% HP and 3 points wherever comes out more damage. Probably Crackling Speed if I had to guess or the 3-point STR jewel if you have at least 201 STR now to free up a 30 STR point.
Better jewels. Mana, crit chance, and phasing on kill are not good. Looking for life or life %, spell dmg, lightning damage, flat damage to spells, either damage while holding a two handed weapon, pen/crit if you haven't recently, etc. One of your abyssal jewels needs cold damage to spell or ring craft for flat cold damage, otherwise Hypothermia relies solely on Skitterbots to chill.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

I am extremely biased, but yes LL Mines is very worth it. You lose dodge and the higher end gear can be fairly expensive, but you gain massive damage, block, chaos res, and high ES which means high ES regen. With fairly expensive gear, I'm at 9.6k ES and that equates to over 1k ES regen when I've detonated 10 mines recently, even more when recharge is active.

I don't know your experience with ES gear, but this was my first actual ES and it has been quite fun for me learning what qualifies as good ES gear. I switched and only had less than 7k ES and have been steadily improving since. Not following a guide, just adlibbing the whole thing and it has been working so far.

Get very comfortable with PoB and basically have 2 layouts, the HP variant you are using currently and then your switched over LL variant. You're welcome to copy my passive tree and adjust to fit your needs, but I recommend using your own gear and import it in so you can get an accurate picture of your ES before switching. And then when you find potential upgrades, copy the item in and see if it is an actual upgrade.

5 ex feels fairly low compared to how much I invested, but starter ES gear prices may have come down since? 6L Shav's is at like 2.5-3 ex and Tranquility Chayula is about an ex (less if you get Tranquility later).

I plan on trying this set up. What one hander do you suggest? Is a mace a must or wand is also a good choice?
Is arc your only damage spell? It's fine even for single targets? Because my current set up is using tremor rod and I still need ball lightning for single targets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info