[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
dragnmith1 wrote:
@Blackdeath been following your build somewhat..n i had no problem with clearing using Arc but Meta & Boss fight's dont die as quickly as they do when i switch to Ball lighting..was wondering if it made a Big difference between reg arc damage on helm or if arc chains additonal target? at the moment using this setup for Ball n then have other setup for Arc.. was wondering if there is something i should or could change

I would use curse Enduring mana flask over bleed flask. I only have issues with bleed on specific bosses.
Try VD over Molten Shell. Molten is only 20% of armor, which is like 200 damage for you. VD has been a nice QoL leech.
Your scepter should be more damage for Arc and Ball with the +1.
Better jewels, life on belt jewel and no ES on one of your passive jewels.
Very low ES on both rings. If you need more ES, belt too. Jewels, rings, and belt should get you well over 9k ES if you want, which will be more regen too.
20 Vaal Discipline to consider. Being able to force start your recharge is situationally good.

With some of those changes, your Arc should out damage mine by around 10%. Ball Lightning should be better damage for bosses, but I'd need to pick up some leveled gems to test it again after I did more gear investment. I've got no issues with Arc damage except for on some of the super defensive Metas. I just 1 detonated a T16 Meta with Arc.
I just 1 detonated a T16 Meta with Arc. Dam! i'll try those changes thx again would prefere arc over ball just cause of speed i prefere Arc
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Right now, I using lightning pene with Arc, curse is only on cwdt so rarely applied. Do you think using watcher's eye with lightning pene will be overkill? Or maybe switch lightning pene gem into something else then? Thanks
ok i'm in a bit of a pickle here , i am playing for the first time a miner and there is something that i dont understand and its kinda annoying , when i throw a set of mines on the ground after i detonate it always apears another set that keeps my mana reserved so i need to detonate 2-3 times to release all the mines and because of that i always find myself way ahead with all mana reserved , needles to say i cant use a second aura and i dont know where i go wrong
https://pastebin.com/fTqcUZsJ this is my curent
Nevermind i just saw its because of the staff
Last edited by Sharpeyx on Jan 19, 2020, 9:18:18 AM
"
DamianTaps wrote:
Right now, I using lightning pene with Arc, curse is only on cwdt so rarely applied. Do you think using watcher's eye with lightning pene will be overkill? Or maybe switch lightning pene gem into something else then? Thanks

Can't see your gear, the main thing with Lightning Penetration gem is you don't want to over-penetrate. If you are using Conductivity curse, Wise Oak, plus the passives/ascendancy, then penetration Watcher's won't be worth it. If you are just using passives/ascendancy, then probably better to use Watcher's. But factor in that you are only getting 1 damage mod unless you get a better Watcher's Eye.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jan 19, 2020, 9:33:18 AM
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
DamianTaps wrote:

Can't see your gear, the main thing with Lightning Penetration gem is you don't want to over-penetrate. If you are using Conductivity curse, Wise Oak, plus the passives/ascendancy, then penetration Watcher's won't be worth it. If you are just using passives/ascendancy, then probably better to use Watcher's. But factor in that you are only getting 1 damage mod unless you get a better Watcher's Eye.

Thanks. With gem have 46% penetration right now. Conductivity is connected to cwdt, so don't count it. Don't using wise, because have atziri promise, so I guess its worth a try.
added new belt/jewel n another jewel in passive tree/weapond + new ring now sitting at allmost 9.1 es thx again @Blackdeath for the help
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by DamianTaps on Jan 19, 2020, 12:42:27 PM
"
Sharpeyx wrote:
ok i'm in a bit of a pickle here , i am playing for the first time a miner and there is something that i dont understand and its kinda annoying , when i throw a set of mines on the ground after i detonate it always apears another set that keeps my mana reserved so i need to detonate 2-3 times to release all the mines and because of that i always find myself way ahead with all mana reserved , needles to say i cant use a second aura and i dont know where i go wrong
https://pastebin.com/fTqcUZsJ this is my curent
Nevermind i just saw its because of the staff

I think you skilled the Saboteur skill on the tree. That enables you to detonate mines another time.
"
I think you skilled the Saboteur skill on the tree. That enables you to detonate mines another time.

They already figured it out, it was Tremor Rod. Saboteur just lets you place more mines, not detonate them again.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jan 19, 2020, 1:18:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info