[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

How can i improve build around 2-3ex?
AnotherArkMetaMine character
"
chebanov wrote:
How can i improve build around 2-3ex?
AnotherArkMetaMine character

i'd say:

-Get a better Amulet (Life / Crit multi /spelldamage) and Annoint it (you don't have an annointment atm)

-Get a lvl21 arc (gets an additional chain)

- More chaos ressist to survive

- Lab enchant on boots (6-10% more damage)

Also i'd think about the current essence worm / MoM situation:

Right now you are using 8 Talentpoints to build a big enough mana pool for MoM. But then you are reserving almost 70% of it once you throw all mines, leaving you with only around 500Mana for MoM. Kinda defeating the whole purpose of spending these points.

These 8 Points could be spend on getting you 4! Jewel slots.

"
Redvann wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you have any cheaper alternatives to the helm enchant?

Nah don't worry, the enchant ain't needed. A vanilla Three Dragons is just fine.

Last edited by Schejian on Jan 9, 2020, 11:36:16 AM

For anyone still looking to craft a Sceptre, I learned a couple more things recently. Another prefix to look for on an ilvl 85+ Shaper Sceptre is % of lightning damage as extra chaos. A Tier 1 version of this mod caps out at 13%. According to PoB, once I multimod this, it'll be a huge DPS increase even over my other crafted sceptre.

As you can see on the new one, I got a bad mod for the regal. I'm going to ignore it because the other mods are both T1. But I learned that you can use a beastcrafting recipe to imprint. This means that I could have imprinted before I regal'd, then reverted the item back to it's magic state where it only had a prefix/suffix and tried to regal again. Didn't know that at the time, but it's good information.
I have around 4 ex to improve my build, any suggestions?
"
blademaster48 wrote:

Your gear looks pretty good. I'd get one of the recommended boot enchantments (ele penetration or flat light damage when you haven't killed recently). Get a lvl 21/20 arc gem. You could also pick up a watcher's eye with % lightning damage w/ wrath and swap it out for your zealotry or get a watcher's eye with % ele penetration with zealotry. I think the wrath one is more damage but it's more expensive.
Last edited by etherel90 on Jan 9, 2020, 1:14:29 PM
Hi, anyone can help me what to improve for my build?
I know need to change:
helmet,
improve gem or change gem?,
get 6L tremor rod or 2x sceptre
Change a ring or amulet?
Any change for my tree?
Character name:x_arc_bomber_x
Last edited by maatii93 on Jan 9, 2020, 3:34:34 PM
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
blademaster48 wrote:

Your gear looks pretty good. I'd get one of the recommended boot enchantments (ele penetration or flat light damage when you haven't killed recently). Get a lvl 21/20 arc gem. You could also pick up a watcher's eye with % lightning damage w/ wrath and swap it out for your zealotry or get a watcher's eye with % ele penetration with zealotry. I think the wrath one is more damage but it's more expensive.

i made the changes you suggested, thanks
"
maatii93 wrote:
Hi, anyone can help me what to improve for my build?
I know need to change:
helmet,
improve gem or change gem?,
get 6L tremor rod or 2x sceptre
Change a ring or amulet?
Any change for my tree?
Character name:x_arc_bomber_x

You're on the right track. Get a helmet with blastchain mine support or trap and mine damage and put your arc setup in there.

If you like the totem detonate that's fine, but if you don't care about it then change that setup out and get a defensive gem setup like CWDT/Life Leech/Desecrate/Volatile Dead.

You could upgrade your belt to a stygian vise and socket a jewel with life, crit multi.

You're running Wrath in your essence worm and then skitterbots + zealotry. That's 85% of your mana reserved + the multiplier from Infernal Legion. That means with your mines out you're not getting any benefit from Mind over Matter. I'd remove zealotry completely and swap it out for an Enlighten lvl 3.

Replace one of your mana flasks with an atziri's promise.

Since you are using wrath, consider saving up for a Watcher's Eye jewel with lightning damage % while under the effect of Wrath.

Consider also getting a Call of the Brotherhood ring to convert some of your lightning damage to cold to freeze enemies.

Your tree is missing acrobatics and phase acrobatics which should help your survivability a lot. You need 6 points to get there, remove Elemental Focus and the point next to it, Lightning Walker and the point next to it, and Prodigal Perfection and the point next to it. You can replace prodigal Perfection later, I wouldn't replace elemental focus or lightning walker though.
Last edited by etherel90 on Jan 9, 2020, 4:24:35 PM
"
etherel90 wrote:

Consider also getting a Call of the Brotherhood ring to convert some of your lightning damage to cold to freeze enemies.

Call of the Brotherhood can be a good choice, but be aware of downsides that can easily be overlooked:

It will cripple your Shock against tough enemys as you are now only doing 60% Lightning Damage. This leads to weaker shock.

Also the Freeze will be great against low/medium HP Mobs, but won't be enough against bosses. (It will be equal to a pure Ice build doing 40% of your DPS)

maatii93:

You are already running Arc in Tremor which is imho the better choice, i'd say keep that.

If you are feeling comfortable enough with you Arc Damage that you dont need the BallLightning Setup for Bosses anymore consider switching to a Kaoms Heart Asap.

It looks like you are running around at only 4k Life atm, you need the boost to 5-6k more than a second dps setup.

Switch from Goldrim to Three Dragons to fully utilize Freeze.

Last edited by Schejian on Jan 9, 2020, 4:30:13 PM
"
Schejian wrote:
"
chebanov wrote:

Also i'd think about the current essence worm / MoM situation:

Right now you are using 8 Talentpoints to build a big enough mana pool for MoM. But then you are reserving almost 70% of it once you throw all mines, leaving you with only around 500Mana for MoM. Kinda defeating the whole purpose of spending these points.
/quote]

This has been my concern as well, with all mines out, + skitterbots theres not much mana left

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info