[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Why Mind over Matter, I see top builds in poe.ninja not taking it.
Also I took it and it eats all my mana. What you think?

Half of builds not taking acrobatics also. What is your opinion, which of these to take and which not to take?
Last edited by Charmees on Dec 17, 2019, 1:28:46 AM
Hi guys!

Has anyone tried this build on PS4? I want to start with it, but I don’t know how my console will deal with it.
"
aeiouy87 wrote:
I skipped the detonate totem and smoke mine 4 link to build in a little survivability. I placed a CWDT+VD+Leech and honestly, it saved me from some lag death (crappy computer). I have it set to go off at 1k damage and might raise that to get VDs leech higher once I am comfortable.

Nice! that's an interesting setup and yeah the totem is completely QoL and not necessary
"
Charmees wrote:

Half of builds not taking acrobatics also. What is your opinion, which of these to take and which not to take?

There's a lot of variations but taking MoM is the best all around imo. Without MoM you lose a lot of effective hp for skitterbots and maybe another aura if you take lvl 4 enlighten and mana nodes. It's up to you of course if you want to be more squishy for dps
"
Charmees wrote:

Keep in mind that a lot of top builds on there are people that have probably been playing for quite awhile and have more expensive gear. MoM is just an added 1-2k eHP and is a nice safety buffer for regular content, but Deep Delve or exp pushing is all about damage optimization, speed, and avoiding getting hit at all.

"
alex_cv_ua wrote:
Hi guys!

Has anyone tried this build on PS4? I want to start with it, but I don’t know how my console will deal with it.

If I ever played console or possibly mobile, I would not play mines. Go traps or totems if you want a similar build and only requires 1 button to activate. Pressing 2 buttons frequently plus the travel skills and potions seems like a lot of work for me and I would want a more casual build on those devices. No offense meant by the casual.. just don't like button mashing except for on brawlers that I have no idea how to play.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

If I ever played console or possibly mobile, I would not play mines. Go traps or totems if you want a similar build and only requires 1 button to activate. Pressing 2 buttons frequently plus the travel skills and potions seems like a lot of work for me and I would want a more casual build on those devices. No offense meant by the casual.. just don't like button mashing except for on brawlers that I have no idea how to play.

I’m asking only about FPS, all other things doesnt matter for me. Anyway, thank you for your reply.
"
alex_cv_ua wrote:
I’m asking only about FPS, all other things doesnt matter for me. Anyway, thank you for your reply.

Arc/Spear mines are probably fine as they are just linear attacks and not screen exploding. Glacial Cascades, Stormblast, Pyro, and a handful of others + Minefield will most likely be a bit FPS choppy depending on your game settings and resolution.
"
alex_cv_ua wrote:
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Maybe pyroblast as it makes a big fire but theres no framedrop at anytime, anyways you better use ice spear instead :)
Great guide, been following it this season and I'm having a ton of fun.

I'm a bit confused about the gem setup though, it seems to differ from section to section (last part of "Gem Leveling Progression", "Gem Setup" and the POB Build) and I can't really make out which one is correct for which use.

So, which setup would be the correct one for leveling and which one for lategame once I have access to all gems?
Last edited by Kaeltis on Dec 17, 2019, 6:25:11 AM
Does ice spear only get good at a high gem level? Throwing down single mines and them doing low damage feels clunky/disappointing and I'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info