[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Charmees wrote:
I think some gem colors are wrong in the first post.

I bought myself 4 link with 3B1G but Fire Pen is actually red. Now have to buy a new one.

PyroClast Mine - Controlled Destruction - Trap and Mine Damage - Fire Pen

You should have your ARC in a 4 link and your Pyroclast in a 5-link / 6-link.
And while leveling, just ARC should be enough.
I did add in Icespear in a 4 link for better boss damage. But i found that Arc did more than enough damage while league starting.
Last edited by Wiizper on Dec 16, 2019, 7:39:42 AM
"
Wiizper wrote:
"
Charmees wrote:

I bought myself 4 link with 3B1G but Fire Pen is actually red. Now have to buy a new one.

I did add in Icespear in a 4 link for better boss damage. But i found that Arc did more than enough damage while league starting.

Why did you choose ice spear over pyro? I guess reason is that you don't have to aim which is better for moving bossss.
"
"
Wiizper wrote:
"
Charmees wrote:

Why did you choose ice spear over pyro? I guess reason is that you don't have to aim which is better for moving bossss.

Just personal preference, i tried a pyroclast mine build in Blight and i hated it.
I did play a Winter orb cast while channeling Ice Spear a few leagues ago and i liked the ice spear mechanic.

Also another good thing with ice spear is that it slows / freezes enemies. Which is very good.
Im not in edgame atm but since minute 1, i feelt overpowered with this build, started with ice spear for single, changed to pyro, both works like a charm and arc can oneshot packs just with yellows, now i bought a staff to doublecast mines and GG everything. Does this will be same till endgame bosses? My pyro says 13k and arc 5k, whats the aproximated damage at endgame?

Yo guys, guide is explained, got no troubles with it, just reading got my answers.
If I'm using a 5-link Tremor Rod and 5-link Cloak of Defiance, should I put arc in the staff or in the chest? What do you think

Also I see people are using skitterboys with essence worm zealotry, are they worth sacrificing half the mana pool?
Last edited by matesasd on Dec 16, 2019, 7:25:55 PM

Thanks for putting together this guide! I'm having fun with it. This is my gear so far at mid-yellow maps. Just finished my 4th ascension and feeling pretty good at the moment. Damage is good and survivability seems pretty good without me having put serious currency into gear upgrades yet.

I guess my main question is what upgrades I should target next since shaper gear is so expensive at the moment. Any suggestions on alternative besides just improving life/mana/resists/crit multi on rares? I'll also be able to quality my gems shortly.
"
AcroKnight wrote:
I guess my main question is what upgrades I should target next since shaper gear is so expensive at the moment. Any suggestions on alternative besides just improving life/mana/resists/crit multi on rares? I'll also be able to quality my gems shortly.

I would re-route your tree a bit, but personal preference. You've got redundancy at Saboteur Passive and I don't value Elemental Focus. That with the redundant crit chance on Successive Detonations would be 5 points to Throatseeker and finish Deep Thoughts. Then just next 6 levels for three 2-point jewels from there (or sooner if you snag a cheap one) unless you want to consider going tankier with Arcane Will and more mana stacking.

Controlled Destruction is more damage than Inc Crit for Arc. You will still have 61% effective crit with Diamond against shocked enemy. Either Lightning Pen, Added Cold, or Inc Crt look like top contenders with current gear if you manage 6th link on Tremor.

Lab enchant on boots with flat dmg or ele pen if you haven't killed recently is a good chunk of damage to pick up. Pretty cheap now for merc lab boots, uber lab is a bit pricier unless you want to farm it yourself on a better pair of boots. I got lucky with my first merc lab and getting a twice enchanted shrine.

Nothing else is glaring at me right off the bat. Just saving up for more damage mods on accessories, 6 links, jewels, etc. 4B2G armor with life is a hot commodity right now, so be flexible if you want to save some chaos. Switched to Cold to Fire (red) as my 6th link for GC mines and it works just fine until prices drop and also procs burning for Explosives Expert (was using Infernal with Skitter).
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
AcroKnight wrote:

Nothing else is glaring at me right off the bat. Just saving up for more damage mods on accessories, 6 links, jewels, etc. 4B2G armor with life is a hot commodity right now, so be flexible if you want to save some chaos. Switched to Cold to Fire (red) as my 6th link for GC mines and it works just fine until prices drop and also procs burning for Explosives Expert (was using Infernal with Skitter).

Thanks! I really appreciate the detailed response. I'm going to experiment with a few of those changes this evening.
"
ExtreemSA wrote:
Hi guys i just got this helmet today will it still be ideal for the build with the lvl 18 increased area of effect?

No, Arc doesn't have the area tag so that gem doesn't do anything
I skipped the detonate totem and smoke mine 4 link to build in a little survivability. I placed a CWDT+VD+Leech and honestly, it saved me from some lag death (crappy computer). I have it set to go off at 1k damage and might raise that to get VDs leech higher once I am comfortable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info