Last Epoch

Cant believe they are patching the game so frequently. It does remind me of the good old Grim Dawn early access but unlike Grim Dawn where almost everything is buffs buffs buffs these guys are not afraid to nerf.
Triggered you cannot buy it with paysafecards.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on May 7, 2019, 10:35:31 AM
Well I just learned that I can actually build in a way that makes a tanky character and that's awesome. I also love that they give you access to your end game content almost right away so you can just opt out of the story if you want to.
is it a good game?
I would say yes, it feels like early PoE in a lot of ways, while playing. Making decisions is restricted enough where a lot of your decisions matter which is nice.

The skill skill system is a nice thing, and it adds some real customization to skills. The worst part of the beta right now is that all the skills skill trees aren't there so it feels like I shouldn't be using some otherwise cool looking skills.
Last edited by j33bus on May 7, 2019, 2:38:56 PM
Yeah, it is but if you don't like the unpolished beta stuff wait.

Alpha was really good and showed promise but it was an alpha and I got bored of it.

They put in tons of new stuff for beta, and miracle of miracles, actually stuck to their timeline.

I think it might well be better than GD when done. Certainly Wolcen (if that thing is ever done).

I'm having a blast.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Yeah, it is but if you don't like the unpolished beta stuff wait.

Alpha was really good and showed promise but it was an alpha and I got bored of it.

They put in tons of new stuff for beta, and miracle of miracles, actually stuck to their timeline.

I think it might well be better than GD when done. Certainly Wolcen (if that thing is ever done).

I'm having a blast.

I'm looking a lot over Wolcen atm, but was interested in trying Lash Epoch one day.

The last league in POE killed it for me. I didn't enjoy it.
I still love PoE though this league was not the best. Bigger issue is the syndicate lag I'm getting.

Bigger issue than that is GGG lying about what causes issues.

Spent over 3k for new gaming PC for wife (her old one died and it was time for a new one anyway) and she gets lag. Not as bad as me, but it is still not acceptable by any stretch. Not even in a beta would it be "fine".

My PC plays all games even new, resource hungry ones fine. It is just this mess it has issues with. I'm not going to buy another house PC just to have it lag.

Anyway, I digress. I own both LE and Wolcen and just prefer LE personally. Bigger issue though is how many more times Wolcen will re-build the game and when (or if) a complete game will ever see the light of day.

Check out some of the gameplay vids to see if you like it.
Censored.
Yeah first time I heard about Wolcen was years ago and it seems like the game hasn't progressed much. I was hyped now I wonder if the game will ever be finished.

I'll have a closer look at LE I'll check some videos and streams for sure.

I really liked the end game content, tho I had mad lag for the syndicate sadly. I just hated the whole synthesis thing. I enjoy delving and going into Azoalt and everything else. But that's about it. I'm looking for new content that is engaging.
I'm pretty sure that most of the PoE lag is sending many calculations through the internet. I don't think it actually has much to do with people's setups at all, just internet speed and proximity to servers.

I know playing on the same laptop when I'm at home VS visiting my parents changes the amount of lag I get when spawning things a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info