Last Epoch

I search around the internet for arpg and found this:

https://lastepochgame.com

Their website seems decent looking and they even have something like a supporter pack funding for their game.

For some reasons, its seems like this game doesn't get mentioned much at our off-topic forum.

Maybe the game is unpopular or maybe their passive skill tree looks too simplified and not too interesting compared to POE's massive passive skill tree.

I am just wondering if anyone here has tried out their game and how is the gameplay if you have tried it out?
34pre98qua
Last edited by stkmro on Nov 6, 2018, 11:16:24 PM
Last bumped on May 15, 2019, 10:51:12 AM
34pre98qua
https://lastepochgame.com/supporters/

That looks like it's inspired by PoE shop xd.

Anyway if you are the lazy type of player who wants finished games and don't want to play aphas i recommend to wait for a steam sale and get Grim Dawn for like 5$. Building classes there is awesome and skill/devotion points allocation really feels meaningful. It's also modable.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Mar 5, 2019, 11:19:56 PM
Grim Dawn was superior to Path of Exile until about 9 months or so ago. But I think since, Delve, but ESPECIALLY Betrayal, that GGG has ascended toward NINTENDO levels of game design efficacy. Yes they are rougher around the edges, but they don't have the option to delay their product for years 'until it's ready' the way that nintendo does.

I'm sorry, Grim Dawn, but GGG is just out of everyone's league at the moment. I haven't played last epoch, but I'll look at it.
k Here's my thoughts on Last Epoch. It's really cool to hear a voice that is younger than Chris Wilson's do it's best Chris Wilson impression. Haha. It reminds me of how AngryJoe came up after AVGN, then matured into his own man as time went on. Right now I think Angry Joe > AVGN, and so it's possible that Last Epoch could one day become > PoE. But in order to do that they have a ways to go because GGG has just hit its game design stride.

Oh well, Gl to both.
They have a live stream usually on Fridays with the developers which is pretty fun to watch (you can see them actually making changes in the game live) plus you can ask questions. They are doing a good job so far, imo. I funded back when it launched on Kickstarter and I'm pleased though I don't play much.

I don't know if they are still on for next month or not.

Maybe someone else can answer this?

Edited to add: their official faqs still lists March 2019 for beta but I don't know if this is still correct.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Mar 7, 2019, 3:31:08 PM
I'm looking at ur sig. What's the problem with Betrayal fights? You'd rather be 'forced' to fight jumping goats than real bonafide loot pinyatas that lead exactly into what you are complimenting LE for? deterministic loot and crafting?
I have to defend PoE's honor again. Don't take it personally.

PoE is not trying to achieve perfect skill balance. They are trying to acheive a well distributed oppurtunity balance for the various layers of player skill that will be intereacting with their mechanics.

This is because some would argue that the primary goal of an ARPG is for the player to produce an over powered character.

This is what players DREAM of. It's why they do math for hours before they even start up the game. It's why they trade of days on end to get the upgrades.

There is game design, and there is meta game design. Not be confused with the meta game... Point being that GGG knows that 90% of the people who play this game are going to be pretty dayum bad at it compared to the top 10%

The problem is that the top 10% which is represented by reddit and this forum and youtube go around viewing the game ONLY from the lens of an elite player iwth elite game knowlege. But GGG can't design everything around the top 10% of people!! And at the same time, it isn't a priority for them to balance the game completely, only to create opputunities for both the elite 10% and the terrible noob 90% to express themselves in teh game long enough to feel engaged and rewarded as they pursuit their dream of creating an overpowered character.

Bottom Line: I haevn't played Last Epoch. But from your description it sounds like they are making solid game design choices. But I don't think their choices seem to be any better than PoE's.
Guess we can't buy this one anymore :(
"
Guess we can't buy this one anymore :(

Whatdya mean?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info