[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

Not sure what i'm doing wrong, but this has been the worst leveling expirience i've ever had. Tried everything, mini bomber OOS setup, tried Ts, Melee and everything just sucks.

What do you guys level with?
How deep do you think we could delve with good gear and hh?
Thoughts on Badge of the brotherhood combined with Mistwalker as a replacement for Aul's?
The potential 95% increased effect of elusive would grant 78% movement speed at maximum power charges, and a bonus 36% attack speed factoring in increased frenzy charges plus 20% from ascendancy at the start of elusive. Now these effects DO drop off over 5 seconds until they can be reactivated again nearly instantly due to our high crit chance.
Haven't quite crunched the numbers for this though. Just putting it out there for now.

Also, would Minion attack speed support make it into a shield charge setup as a replacement for accuracy if we anointed Spiritual Command?
Not sure if the effect of the skill tree extends to support gems.
Last edited by Nvnsqr on Sep 19, 2019, 6:52:10 PM
"
Nvnsqr wrote:
Also, would Minion attack speed support make it into a shield charge setup as a replacement for accuracy if we anointed Spiritual Command?

Just a quick point you should anoint Hearthseeker as 30% crit multi is really good for this build.

I think your idea is fine if you already have an amulet just be sure your accuracy is decent. You don't want to charge into a pack and miss only to get clobbered to death. Also it's pretty sad when you charge -> miss and charge forward to only to realize you didn't trigger the Heralds and have to charge back.

As for elusive I was considering that. But keep in mind that shield charge is a travel skill so it will take frenzies here and there because of the Badge but I don't think it matters when clearing.
Opportunistic is the only one you can drop in reality and it's taking away 20% more damage on single target and when you charge into a pack with 1 rare. If herald crits can give Elusive that is pretty good and you can always reset the Elusive buff by using Wittering Step and then cancel it's effect by using Shield Charge.

Problem with badge is no life and you lose an aura. I think aul's with haste/vaal haste is amazing but the problem is it's quite costly in the temp league.
Solstice is something I'm looking into. But it requires whisper of doom annointed or removing Assassins Mark, 2 more linked sockets. The benefits aren't all that good (only longer HoT buff) unless you have Inspired Learning (read at least 2) or a Headhunter (in this case no brainer even if you decide not to use temp chains)
"
xX999Xx wrote:
Has anyone tested setups in weapon swap for single target?
Now that MAster Missions only be granted for boss kills, I am thinking about using either a Staff with some Spell, or some Mainhand + Shield setup with pseudolinks (4-5 link).

Maybe Divine Ire or so would be an option. Gotta test when I am back home.

So whats your take on it? I was thinking of using a staff with Blade Vortex as it's pretty strong for single target in the weapon swap as added damage from heralds is pretty good for BV. Divine Ire seems really slow to me.
"
Loozka wrote:
Not sure what i'm doing wrong, but this has been the worst leveling expirience i've ever had. Tried everything, mini bomber OOS setup, tried Ts, Melee and everything just sucks.

What do you guys level with?
Spells (Storm Brand).

"
Mepfis wrote:
How deep do you think we could delve with good gear and hh?
600 feels reasonable, but there is some degree of luck involved in not getting popped by a random projectile.

"
Nvnsqr wrote:
Thoughts on Badge of the brotherhood combined with Mistwalker as a replacement for Aul's?
The potential 95% increased effect of elusive would grant 78% movement speed at maximum power charges, and a bonus 36% attack speed factoring in increased frenzy charges plus 20% from ascendancy at the start of elusive. Now these effects DO drop off over 5 seconds until they can be reactivated again nearly instantly due to our high crit chance.
Haven't quite crunched the numbers for this though. Just putting it out there for now.

Hello, I wasn't aware that amulet existed, it seems pretty viable though I wouldn't know if it breaks anything due to the chance to lose charges. Minion Speed Support can support Shield Charge if you link Summon Phantasm Support to it, but not otherwise.

"
TrexerPoE wrote:
Just a quick point you should anoint Hearthseeker as 30% crit multi is really good for this build.

I think your idea is fine if you already have an amulet just be sure your accuracy is decent. You don't want to charge into a pack and miss only to get clobbered to death. Also it's pretty sad when you charge -> miss and charge forward to only to realize you didn't trigger the Heralds and have to charge back.

As for elusive I was considering that. But keep in mind that shield charge is a travel skill so it will take frenzies here and there because of the Badge but I don't think it matters when clearing.
Opportunistic is the only one you can drop in reality and it's taking away 20% more damage on single target and when you charge into a pack with 1 rare. If herald crits can give Elusive that is pretty good and you can always reset the Elusive buff by using Wittering Step and then cancel it's effect by using Shield Charge.

Problem with badge is no life and you lose an aura. I think aul's with haste/vaal haste is amazing but the problem is it's quite costly in the temp league.
Solstice is something I'm looking into. But it requires whisper of doom annointed or removing Assassins Mark, 2 more linked sockets. The benefits aren't all that good (only longer HoT buff) unless you have Inspired Learning (read at least 2) or a Headhunter (in this case no brainer even if you decide not to use temp chains)
Accuracy doesn't do anything for triggering Storm Cascade using The Rippling Thoughts, you can neglect it most of the time its only use is applying Fortify. Solstice Vigil is a great amulet for many different builds if you have a Headhunter, but personally, it doesn't really change much for me on my autobomber. You might find it makes a bigger difference if you're a bit slower (eg. if you pick up smaller currency and stuff).

"
TrexerPoE wrote:
So whats your take on it? I was thinking of using a staff with Blade Vortex as it's pretty strong for single target in the weapon swap as added damage from heralds is pretty good for BV. Divine Ire seems really slow to me.
I don't recommend trying to kill bosses if you're having issues with damage. You'll die. It's something you signed up for, singletarget damage is reliant on having good gear.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Brilliant and informative guide, one of the best I've read so far! From recommending the transition to autobombing at around level 62 after 2-3 labs, to the checklist for troubleshooting the build, I've had no problems with this so far as a first time autobomber.

A question I had though, my current helm has +3% critical to socketed spells, and level 20 AOE, so as per the guide I replaced the critical strikes gem with innervate and increased AOE gem with Ice bite. Is there any merit to replacing one of those gems back to increased critical strike to up the chance to about 5%? Or is that kind of putting a hat on a hat.

Another question is that I have enough to buy 1-2 lvl 21 gems, which one's would you recommend getting? I'm guessing lvl 21 herald of thunder is up there in priority, or is this build fine with all 20/20 gems?

Also in case anyone was wondering this build can absolutely do MF, I dropped essence worm and hatred all together for 2 pariahs and the usual biscos/sadimas/goldwyrm package and it's working just fine

Thanks again for the great guide!
Hello, thank you for the great reply and you may consider using Increased Critical Strikes on top of the 3% helmet mod to make up for the fact that you aren't using the Watcher's Eye Hatred mod. Level 20 gems work just fine, though I strongly advise against using Sadima's Touch. It's 10% Increased Item Quantity and you're trading 16% more (!!!) attack speed for it, on top of other meaningful stats.

Thanks for the response and the recommendations to my build =). As a person who loves to play MF builds, I honestly wasn't too eager to cut Sadima's Touch for a pair of insanity gloves, since cutting any quant is blasphemous to me =p However I took your advice and tried it, and I have to say, it is So.Much.Better.

The attack/cast speed and bonus attack speed on the gloves just makes my clear speed way better, and my general mapping experience to be much more convenient, with the -10% quantity loss being made up in spades for the overall clearspeed of the map. The extra jewel slot I have since I'm not running a hared watcher's eye is being filled for an onslaught abyss jewel as well so I'm having a very smooth mapping experience.

I wasn't able top get the decree/commandment of frost enchant on my gloves, is it worth it to run labs to fish for one? How much am I losing if I don't have it?

Thanks again for the timely response!
Hello there,

can someone explain "Brutal restraints" to me, since it seems like a shitshow and i have literally no idea what it's for. Also, do i just put it in and i'm good or am i supposed to do something else?

That things confuses me alot. Thanks.
"
I wasn't able top get the decree/commandment of frost enchant on my gloves, is it worth it to run labs to fish for one? How much am I losing if I don't have it?

Thanks again for the timely response!
# of Frost is one of the things that most people can't be bothered to get, but it takes any autobomber up a notch. It's a really nice quality of life feature that is easy to dismiss if you've never tried it, "it's just a lab enchantment proc every 5 seconds", but it makes a difference and the most important thing is that it can be felt once you get it.

"
Loozka wrote:
Hello there,

can someone explain "Brutal restraints" to me, since it seems like a shitshow and i have literally no idea what it's for. Also, do i just put it in and i'm good or am i supposed to do something else?

That things confuses me alot. Thanks.
I recommend cutting the 4-point jewel socket, leaving out the Brutal Restraint and considering your tree finished at level 96.
Hello.

First of all, great build. And great guide.

I have a question. Do you recommend the use of Synthesized Herald of Thunder/Ice rings for this build? In Std, I mean.

In that case, wich would be the best affixes, in your opinion?

Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info