[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
Erayo wrote:
How does the build fare with map blight encounters?

With nothing crazy like a HH. But more the beginning stages of the build.

I am tempted to level my first autobomber ever. Running a necro that i am getting bored of right now, and want something smoother to push to like 95/96 with.

So, with like a 6l coming and the basic stuff, can it handle the blight rares?
An autobomber in the beginning stages is pretty worthless for anything that isn't clearing easy maps. You'll want to be about level 90 and have at least decent flasks and jewels (this includes Watcher's Eye) before your singletarget damage is meaningful.

Now I can't say that I've tried an autobomber in Blight, but the map encounters shouldn't be hard. However it's very likely that it doesn't have the dps for unique monsters.
Last edited by b0moodc on Sep 17, 2019, 8:05:36 AM
With the boot enchant changed to not provide mana leech, is getting Mind Drinker a good idea? "Recover 2% of mana on kill" sounds like it would be enough to sustain Shield Charge. Or would a small amount of mana leeched from attacks on the ring or a jewel do the trick? Can't imagine it would with the low SC damage.

And is there an alternative to getting the boot enchantment anyway, for the life leech? I can only see relying on Atziris Promise as an alternative to the enchant. Or am I missing another obvious life leech source?
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 17, 2019, 12:22:05 PM
Having fun leveling with this set up. its like baby - auto bombing

Honourhome (+2 gems)
Orb of Storm-Faster Casting-Inc. Critical- added cold/ chain

Herald of Ice - Herald of thunder - PCoC - Ice Bite

Lightning Tendrils- Added light - added Cold - PCoC

buy MAX CRIT axiom

leveling is a breeze. just cast OOS once in a pack, then walk away.

on bosses you have to cast Tendrils INSIDE the orb of storm to proc the chain.

Edit: cant say its faster than storm brand. havent used it.
Last edited by AVtime1 on Sep 17, 2019, 12:36:43 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
With the boot enchant changed to not provide mana leech, is getting Mind Drinker a good idea? "Recover 2% of mana on kill" sounds like it would be enough to sustain Shield Charge.

And is there an alternative to getting the boot enchantment anyway, for the life leech?
Mana sustain (if you need it) comes from Assassin's Mark, Life sustain mostly comes from Atziri's Promise.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
With the boot enchant changed to not provide mana leech, is getting Mind Drinker a good idea? "Recover 2% of mana on kill" sounds like it would be enough to sustain Shield Charge.

And is there an alternative to getting the boot enchantment anyway, for the life leech?
Mana sustain (if you need it) comes from Assassin's Mark, Life sustain mostly comes from Atziri's Promise.

Alright, nice. Was not sure if Assassins Mark was enough. Good to know life leech and mana sustain are taken care of. Then I can go for the attack speed enchant on the boots.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 17, 2019, 12:45:44 PM
I might be missing something, but have you forgotton to adjust the Shield Charge setup to Rippling Thoughts? No need to use Additional Accuracy now that it triggers on attack instead of crit, right? Culling Strike for attack speed and cull makes more sense doesn't it?
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 18, 2019, 8:30:19 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
Might be missing something, but have you forgotton to adjust the Shield Charge setup to Rippling Thoughts? No need to use Additional Accuracy now that it triggers on attack instead of crit, right? Culling Strike for attack speed and cull makes more sense doesn't it?
You can use Rage instead of Additional Accuracy. My Shield Charge does enough DPS that investing in chance to hit is worthwhile to me.
Brilliant and informative guide, one of the best I've read so far! From recommending the transition to autobombing at around level 62 after 2-3 labs, to the checklist for troubleshooting the build, I've had no problems with this so far as a first time autobomber.

A question I had though, my current helm has +3% critical to socketed spells, and level 20 AOE, so as per the guide I replaced the critical strikes gem with innervate and increased AOE gem with Ice bite. Is there any merit to replacing one of those gems back to increased critical strike to up the chance to about 5%? Or is that kind of putting a hat on a hat.

Another question is that I have enough to buy 1-2 lvl 21 gems, which one's would you recommend getting? I'm guessing lvl 21 herald of thunder is up there in priority, or is this build fine with all 20/20 gems?

Also in case anyone was wondering this build can absolutely do MF, I dropped essence worm and hatred all together for 2 pariahs and the usual biscos/sadimas/goldwyrm package and it's working just fine

Thanks again for the great guide!
Last edited by DeluxeSandwich on Sep 18, 2019, 8:05:53 PM
Has anyone tested setups in weapon swap for single target?
Now that MAster Missions only be granted for boss kills, I am thinking about using either a Staff with some Spell, or some Mainhand + Shield setup with pseudolinks (4-5 link).

Maybe Divine Ire or so would be an option. Gotta test when I am back home.
"
Brilliant and informative guide, one of the best I've read so far! From recommending the transition to autobombing at around level 62 after 2-3 labs, to the checklist for troubleshooting the build, I've had no problems with this so far as a first time autobomber.

A question I had though, my current helm has +3% critical to socketed spells, and level 20 AOE, so as per the guide I replaced the critical strikes gem with innervate and increased AOE gem with Ice bite. Is there any merit to replacing one of those gems back to increased critical strike to up the chance to about 5%? Or is that kind of putting a hat on a hat.

Another question is that I have enough to buy 1-2 lvl 21 gems, which one's would you recommend getting? I'm guessing lvl 21 herald of thunder is up there in priority, or is this build fine with all 20/20 gems?

Also in case anyone was wondering this build can absolutely do MF, I dropped essence worm and hatred all together for 2 pariahs and the usual biscos/sadimas/goldwyrm package and it's working just fine

Thanks again for the great guide!
Hello, thank you for the great reply and you may consider using Increased Critical Strikes on top of the 3% helmet mod to make up for the fact that you aren't using the Watcher's Eye Hatred mod. Level 20 gems work just fine, though I strongly advise against using Sadima's Touch. It's 10% Increased Item Quantity and you're trading 16% more (!!!) attack speed for it, on top of other meaningful stats.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info