[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
Hey there,

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times already but i was wondering what would be a good Anointment for this build? Personally from looking at the skill tree i thought Disciple of the Forbidden (3 Black oil) might be a good contender. Would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Also really nice guide ive loved autobombers for a long time now and make one every league now with this guide i should be able to get one running easier and with more dmg!

Thanks

Backstabbing. Easy choice as it is pretty much the only thing really affecting everything that does damage in this build. It is a mini version of Ambush and Assassinate on top. Assuming you have HH and the high attack speed passives don't do much for you.

Question of my own: So I am going to start leveling this on the side, got a bit tired at level 96 of my Zombie build, farming Uber Elder over and over again. Going to invest heavily into leveling gear, +2/+4 Tabula, seven league, fossil crafted gloves, the like. Looking for fun ideas on how to level it, skills to use, etc.

Any way to catch the "feel" of the build early on while leveling? Have to admit, while I have done hundreds of builds over the last 6 years, this will be my first Autobomber.

Was thinking of Abberath's Hooves. Haven't done it in a while and fossil crafted gloves do affect it
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 16, 2019, 4:21:18 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Hey there,

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times already but i was wondering what would be a good Anointment for this build? Personally from looking at the skill tree i thought Disciple of the Forbidden (3 Black oil) might be a good contender. Would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Also really nice guide ive loved autobombers for a long time now and make one every league now with this guide i should be able to get one running easier and with more dmg!

Thanks

Backstabbing. Easy choice as it is pretty much the only thing really affecting everything that does damage in this build. It is a mini version of Ambush and Assassinate on top. Assuming you have HH and the high attack speed passives don't do much for you.

Question of my own: So I am going to start leveling this on the side, got a bit tired at level 96 of my Zombie build, farming Uber Elder over and over again. Going to invest heavily into leveling gear, +2/+4 Tabula, seven league, fossil crafted gloves, the like. Looking for fun ideas on how to level it, skills to use, etc.

Any way to catch the "feel" of the build early on while leveling? Have to admit, while I have done hundreds of builds over the last 6 years, this will be my first Autobomber.

Was thinking of Abberath's Hooves. Haven't done it in a while and fossil crafted gloves do affect it
I believe Backstabbing is a bit of a noobtrap. It does nothing for your clear speed and it does very little for singletarget. That's why I placed it last on my list.

To answer your question, grabbing two Axiom Perpetuum and Storm Brand is enough to crush the acts.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Hey there,

Thanks

I believe Backstabbing is a bit of a noobtrap. It does nothing for your clear speed and it does very little for singletarget. That's why I placed it last on my list.

To answer your question, grabbing two Axiom Perpetuum and Storm Brand is enough to crush the acts.

Ah ok, I assumed anything we get on the tree does nothing for our clear speed, simply because its a HH build. 15% inc. attack speed on top of what feels like 500% is not much of a gain after all. But will bow to superior knowledge, as I said, have not played an autobomber before.

But it makes sense, our crit on full life enemies should already be very close to 100% and mean we kill them in one shot, making Backstabbing obsolete.

And yea, Storm brand would have been my usual choice too. Just thought there might be a way to have that auto bomber feel earlier, but the only thing coming to mind would be the Hooves. The fossil crafted gloves do affect them, so I would be one-shotting every boss up to like act 6 :D

But I guess seven league step and a nice tabula with storm brand will be faster.
"
Mecielle wrote:
Ah ok, I assumed anything we get on the tree does nothing for our clear speed, simply because its a HH build. 15% inc. attack speed on top of what feels like 500% is not much of a gain after all.
It can be a Headhunter build, but with Beyond disabled you'll notice it isn't most of the time.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
Ah ok, I assumed anything we get on the tree does nothing for our clear speed, simply because its a HH build. 15% inc. attack speed on top of what feels like 500% is not much of a gain after all.
It can be a Headhunter build, but with Beyond disabled you'll notice it isn't most of the time.

True, Nemesis helps, but its really not the same.

Another question, how is the overall accurracy looking? Are the 40% inc acc of the sword needed? Because there are a few very nice corruptions on 1h swords. Like 20% aoe, Onslaught on kill (removing the problem of keeping Kiaras up), or even Fortify on melee hit, which would free up a support slot on Shield Charge for Culling Strike for more attack speed. And Rippling Thoughts is very cheap, so corruptions should be worth it to get.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 16, 2019, 6:17:49 PM
Aight so i had some questions about this build...
Is a headhunter or inspired learning required for this build to function?
Whats some good levelign skills not requiring a big passive rework later?
"
Darker0607 wrote:
Aight so i had some questions about this build...
Is a headhunter or inspired learning required for this build to function?
Whats some good levelign skills not requiring a big passive rework later?
No. Storm Brand.
i wish blighted mobs werent magic,

anyway to negate their immunity to ailments?
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Hey there,

Thanks

I started out with Cobra Lash and a LAst Resort + Seven League + Tabula + Delve Flat Lightning/Cold Gloves.

At lvl 24 or so, I changed gear and run with Storm Brand and a 4 Link Lightning Spire for beef up the Boss damage. Looks good and the Brand nodes are on the way anyways, thats why I have chosen Brands
How does the build fare with map blight encounters?

With nothing crazy like a HH. But more the beginning stages of the build.

I am tempted to level my first autobomber ever. Running a necro that i am getting bored of right now, and want something smoother to push to like 95/96 with.

So, with like a 6l coming and the basic stuff, can it handle the blight rares?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info