[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

"
nicky2tymes wrote:
Leveling this build after cheequ's CoC assassin (build spoiled me on dps pretty bad...) So far I've got the 6l Shredder with 24% attack speed, 3 might of Meeks, will easily get kaoms too. 2 socket tombfists are rising in price (24% as of now @ 9.6ex) and if got that I'd be momentarily broke. I'm thinking yoke next as faq suggests. My question is: should I then focus on 3 damage rolls abyss jewels instead of 2 and life since I'll have 1-3 less abyss sockets since I'll have kaoms chest and we are ranged? Thanks.

Jewels are critical, if you have bad jewels this build will not be very enjoyable for you.

LIFE + Cold dmg / Cold Dmg w Bows.
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick
so this build is defenitely no league starter?
if u dont enjoy it without:
2S tombfist, gg abyss jewels
"
vileArchon wrote:
"
nicky2tymes wrote:
Leveling this build after cheequ's CoC assassin (build spoiled me on dps pretty bad...) So far I've got the 6l Shredder with 24% attack speed, 3 might of Meeks, will easily get kaoms too. 2 socket tombfists are rising in price (24% as of now @ 9.6ex) and if got that I'd be momentarily broke. I'm thinking yoke next as faq suggests. My question is: should I then focus on 3 damage rolls abyss jewels instead of 2 and life since I'll have 1-3 less abyss sockets since I'll have kaoms chest and we are ranged? Thanks.

Jewels are critical, if you have bad jewels this build will not be very enjoyable for you.

LIFE + Cold dmg / Cold Dmg w Bows.

Yes, I'm aware of that. That's why I asked the question in the last line: "My question is: should I then focus on 3 damage rolls abyss jewels instead of 2 and life since I'll have 1-3 less abyss sockets since I'll have kaoms chest and we are ranged? Thanks." I'm asking this because I'll have at least 1 less abyss jewels, possibly 2 because of 2 socket tombfist and bubonic cost. Now, if that was just an affirmation of "no, you still should get life on every jewel" then ok, but it seems that the damage lost by missing the jewel slots could be mitigated by adding an additional damage roll on ~3 jewels.
So, ideally, we balance all resistances to benefit from everything wise oak gives, correct? But in the event of being unable to properly balance resists, would it be perfectly fine to make sure cold is higher than fire and lightning but make fire and lightning balance out as lowest uncapped?

Having said that, with my current gear acquisitions I have 78/93/107 resists. Still need to get a quiver (Unless I stick with Demise) + Shaper ring. It's proving most difficult to balance all my resists and as such I may have to just settle for making sure cold is the highest and fire and lightning remain capped.
Last edited by DoomedNecromancer on Jan 25, 2019, 10:21:07 AM

If you're going Kaoms you won't need life on any jewel. Just get double cold with crit multi abyss jewels. If you can find ones with some lightning or atk speed on crit as well that'll just be even better
Last edited by zenkatsu on Jan 26, 2019, 2:25:07 PM
"
So, ideally, we balance all resistances to benefit from everything wise oak gives, correct? But in the event of being unable to properly balance resists, would it be perfectly fine to make sure cold is higher than fire and lightning but make fire and lightning balance out as lowest uncapped?

Having said that, with my current gear acquisitions I have 78/93/107 resists. Still need to get a quiver (Unless I stick with Demise) + Shaper ring. It's proving most difficult to balance all my resists and as such I may have to just settle for making sure cold is the highest and fire and lightning remain capped.

If the majority of your damage is cold I wouldn't bother too much tbh..just do as you said and call it a day.

If you have gg gear and the next upgrade is hundrets of exalts away this maay be a task to tackle, but even then its not THAT big of a deal. Even I don't bother doing so, and I'm 60% lightning 40 cold, so I would most certainly benefit much more from it than in your case.

But maybe that's just me being lazy.^^
Can anyone advise me why my POB is so low? I'm at like 100k dps for scourge arrow stage 5.

https://pastebin.com/NHMVmtun
"
donovankkw wrote:
Can anyone advise me why my POB is so low? I'm at like 100k dps for scourge arrow stage 5.

Your herald of ice is lv6. Ice bite is lv4. and do Tick Are you always on full life in config.
"
boki_leeyo wrote:
"
donovankkw wrote:

Your herald of ice is lv6. Ice bite is lv4. and do Tick Are you always on full life in config.

That's even the most harmless part of the story..

Your quiver is trash. Your am ring is trash. Devoto's is (IMO) trash for this build.

Your jewels are the root of the problem. Many of those doesn't even have flat elemental damage..

Maybe you should reread the build guide again, you have clearly no idea how dmg scaling of scourge arrow works.
Last edited by s0mosh on Jan 27, 2019, 11:37:23 AM
Thanks for the guide. This is my first league, made quite a few characters and this is definitely some of the best damage I've had. I decided to upgrade one abyss socket tombfist to a corrupted version with +1 frenzy charge. I vaaled my old pair, and it got curse enemies with level 10 elemental weakness on hit. They're going for 6 or so exalt right now (which is a ton of currency for me). I've been playing with both, and feel like the curse really helps make the damage a lot more explosive in packs when mapping versus the extra frenzy charge. Should I sell the curse on hit pair and upgrade something else? I don't know how much 6 exalt is going to get me (definitely not enough to leap into version 2 of the build)... but this is my first real attack-based character so I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info