[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

"
Alooren wrote:
"
acool84 wrote:
Hi there

If we use wise oak flask in this build what res should be highest to max dps?

Cold

That is not the best answer though. When using a wise oak you want all your resistances to be the same so you benefit from all buffs.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
moonaz wrote:
Hi there,

After trying min-max this build on PoB,

I realized SA DPS (Thorn Arrow) is depend on Attack Speed too much (maybe).

For example (my profile on PoB, checked Shaper/Guardians, unchecked Shock, Ignited):

If I hold an HopeShredder with 20% increased AS, I'll get about 2.56 mil DPS.

If I hold an HopeShredder with 25% increased AS, I'll get about 2.68 mil DPS.

The gap is bigger once u optimize all items that relate to AS modifier, ex. Tombfist, Jewel, Helm (Devoto or Starkonja)

It maybe up to 200k ~ 300k DPS (on PoB)

So, should I invest some in AS !? Number talked but I think SA's play-style is heavy-hit-and-run. So is AS really important !?

ps: I did Deathless Guardians (rare-mode), Shaper, but Uber Elder (lazy to lure >,<)

Attack speed matters way more if you're using mirage archer since more atk speed means faster/more scourge arrow shots from it.

It matters a lot less in the uber elder fight where you'll just want enough to quickly max charge your shot before you need to move again.

I personally slot in mirage archer into my scourge arrow build just for uber elder for more dps uptime. Otherwise I just pop everything else in the game (haven't done deeo delve Auls yet but I might use it there too)

I have one jewel that grants AS, with 7 frenzy charges, blood rage, and onslaught I don't see much point in going out of your way for more AS. If you can add it in easily then it's a nice qol. I tried a high AS bow just to see how scourge arrow charges and the difference was underwhelming for me.
https://pastebin.com/wpKUQFA5

hey guys Im not sure about my dps and still dying a lot.

any tips guys? thanks!
Spoiler
"
zenkatsu wrote:
"
moonaz wrote:
Hi there,

After trying min-max this build on PoB,

I realized SA DPS (Thorn Arrow) is depend on Attack Speed too much (maybe).

For example (my profile on PoB, checked Shaper/Guardians, unchecked Shock, Ignited):

If I hold an HopeShredder with 20% increased AS, I'll get about 2.56 mil DPS.

If I hold an HopeShredder with 25% increased AS, I'll get about 2.68 mil DPS.

The gap is bigger once u optimize all items that relate to AS modifier, ex. Tombfist, Jewel, Helm (Devoto or Starkonja)

It maybe up to 200k ~ 300k DPS (on PoB)

So, should I invest some in AS !? Number talked but I think SA's play-style is heavy-hit-and-run. So is AS really important !?

ps: I did Deathless Guardians (rare-mode), Shaper, but Uber Elder (lazy to lure >,<)

Attack speed matters way more if you're using mirage archer since more atk speed means faster/more scourge arrow shots from it.

It matters a lot less in the uber elder fight where you'll just want enough to quickly max charge your shot before you need to move again.

I personally slot in mirage archer into my scourge arrow build just for uber elder for more dps uptime. Otherwise I just pop everything else in the game (haven't done deeo delve Auls yet but I might use it there too)

I have one jewel that grants AS, with 7 frenzy charges, blood rage, and onslaught I don't see much point in going out of your way for more AS. If you can add it in easily then it's a nice qol. I tried a high AS bow just to see how scourge arrow charges and the difference was underwhelming for me.

Thank for your info. I'd never used Mirage Archer setup on SA, but will give it a try on Uber Elder and let see how the build works.

"
https://pastebin.com/wpKUQFA5

hey guys Im not sure about my dps and still dying a lot.

any tips guys? thanks!

The problem of your DPS is the same with everyone who is new to this build (me in previous post).

This build is heavy depended on your abyss jewel setup.

Since you've used Yoke, you only need a little of Lightning and Fire dmg on jewel for applying ailment, all another flat damage modifier on abyss jewels MUST be COLD DAMAGE. Because this build is scaling cold damage (%increase on tree, item... and flat-damage comes from HopeShredder and abyss Jewel).

I recommend at least 450 - 500 Cold damage as total (check PoB on Calculation details. Mine is 595 flat cold dmg.)

If you have good abyss jewel setup, you will pop everything or you feel very very bad.

You can sell your Tombfist 2 socket, buy Tombfist 1 socket with + 1 frenzy charge and Bubonic with 2 socket, then upgrade all your abyss jewel. If richer, just keep your Tombfist then upgrade all abyss jewels.

About survivability, with 5k9 HP, you're fine, just play carefully, manage your flask.

I still do deathless Shaper/T16 with just only 5k5 HP.
Last edited by moonaz on Jan 21, 2019, 9:52:03 PM
Thanks s0mosh for advice (about additional arrow), really help :) Got some new gear, but for now cant drop resists from quiver cause of 100/100/100 for wise oak. Dmg is good :)
Spoiler

Dont look on devotos please, for bosses i use hale negator.
Hey guys,

Can someone help me with the following:

I try to equip Ralakesh's Impatience before any boss fight but it's really hard to get the timing right.

Always the boss starts and i am with no charges or the other way around.

In the video above he is somehow right next to uber elder and they dont start attacking.

How can I do that?

Thanks!
Why not use hatred for this build? Why is wrath better?

With a basic Hatred watcher's eye I am showing more DPS
"
Illips wrote:

Hatred is only worth using when you have the flat crit w hatred watchers eye. And IMO thats the best watchers eye for this build, but open to suggestions from others more exp w this build than me.
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick
"
Illips wrote:

Hatred vs Wrath is the same argument as cold pen vs crit chance gem.

Top DPS potential vs Consistency.

Pretty much Hatred and Cold pen will far outpace wrath and crit chance whenever your diamond flask is up to compensate the way lower crit chance. Otherwise I agree with this build. Hatred and cold pen are nice to pop shaper super quick and make reddit guffaw over powr creep. Wrath and crit chance make the build smoother imo.

Edit: forgot to mention that hatred does way better with a GG rare bow since this build doesnt offer much physical damage to convert when using hopeshredder. I have one such bow and only use it for shaper and uber elder because the free speed from hopeshredder just makes clear so much faster.
Last edited by zenkatsu on Jan 23, 2019, 9:24:34 PM
Leveling this build after cheequ's CoC assassin (build spoiled me on dps pretty bad...) So far I've got the 6l Shredder with 24% attack speed, 3 might of Meeks, will easily get kaoms too. 2 socket tombfists are rising in price (24% as of now @ 9.6ex) and if got that I'd be momentarily broke. I'm thinking yoke next as faq suggests. My question is: should I then focus on 3 damage rolls abyss jewels instead of 2 and life since I'll have 1-3 less abyss sockets since I'll have kaoms chest and we are ranged? Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info