[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

I don't have any problems with mana, just time ur channeling in boss fights. After ur first hit u can channel for years cause of the mana leech.
"
chaelp wrote:
Sucks even more than Cats Stealth doesnt work anymore, Farruls is pretty worthless to me without it, i dont have problems getting frenzy and power charges

Cat stealth doesn't work? What u mean?
"
Hey everyone,

I am a diablo refugee and this was my second character in the game, so perhaps I am not the best player to complain or anything, I am just looking for advise on several things.

1/ I am running the first version of the build, currently level 90 (I am uncertain how to link my gear but if you could take a moment of your time and click my character you will easily see it).

I am doing all maps up to tear 15 with fair ease, however I do run into problems with the red elder and higher bosses also surprisingly enough the uber lab. I literally got decimated whenever something hits me with physical attack - either the elder physical dots, tentacle slams or whenever a mob of high enough level hits me I almost loose instantly my hp which is roughly 6.5 with max resists.

2/ Second biggest issue is upgrading my gear - I find that the upgrades like elders mark with wrath or tombfist with 2 abbysal, etc is REALLY expensive. I am new to the game sorry, I play couple of hours a day, not every day, I farm like 1 ex per week without any good drops. Is there any tip you could give me here how to progress to the end game gear?

3/ I see in the discussion that farrul is now worthless and a lot of complaints. Can you please elaborate, why it does not work now, and is there another BIS armor in that case?

To anyone who helps with those 3, I really appreciate your time and help, you are AWESOME!

Thanks,
Vasil

1:

If you are dying too much from melee hits you gotta play more safely. We are ranged, so move often. Also i would consider speccing more defensive nodes/ getting enough leech. It's not very wise to invest 3 skillpoints into movementspeed if you have trouble with survivability for example.

2:

There are a plenty of ways to gain currency fast in this game.
First and probably most fun would be just completeing your atlas and run high tier maps with many sextants on them. If you can run them at a certain speed you should be farming an ex equivalent of currency in about 2 hours easily.

Other, more profitable (but also much more boring) options would be farming burial chambers, doing uberlab or flip currency.

These tasks are pretty repetetive and you can get burnt out pretty quickly, but you can probably farm all the gearpieces of this build within 1 week.

You have not picked the best build for a casual approach imo, if you are only playing a few hours every one or two days you have to be even more efficient on what you do to get a decent flow of currency.

3:

I'm not gonna say that farruls fur is shit, I don't wanna piss people off here, but I've played both versions and must say that you get more dps and more defensive capabilitys in using a good rare bow and a Kaom's, paired with a life leech amulet.

For me, Farruls(and Hopeshredder) is just annoing on so many levels..the degen from the bow is pissing me off everytime I dont't leech, the constant dingdingdingding from charges running out makes it a pain to use and I dont wanna turn off my aspect every time I'm in my ho...but thats just me I guess..

My advice for you would be to just fossil craft you a decent rare bow, respecc your tree a bit and stick with kaoms.

Stay safe!
Last edited by s0mosh on Jan 11, 2019, 6:17:12 AM
"
Boxxerz wrote:
so I've spent more on this build than any other build ive ever done and yet it still feels weak vs endgame, even vs guardians. Ele hit was a fraction of the price to gear and felt stronger and tankier..

not sure where i went wrong or if i went wrong, maybe ele hit is the superior build?

you're def doing something wrong. idk what it is as your gear is better than mine and I sleepwalk through shaper - I don't even have a yoke or second 6 link. only fight I struggle on is minotaur.
"
s0mosh wrote:
Hey everyone,

My advice for you would be to just fossil craft you a decent rare bow, respecc your tree a bit and stick with kaoms.

Stay safe!

What fossils do you require for that?

Also, is the helm enchant really that good? Seems like you spend most of the time one tapping and barely fully charging vs bosses because of movement requirements no?
<->
Last edited by bountardos on Jan 11, 2019, 7:02:56 AM
"
bountardos wrote:
"
s0mosh wrote:
Hey everyone,

Stay safe!

What fossils do you require for that?

Also, is the helm enchant really that good? Seems like you spend most of the time one tapping and barely fully charging vs bosses because of movement requirements no?

Go with prismatic, metallic, serrated. Imperial bow as base.
Since the majority of our damage is coming from thorns released by the spore pods, the enchant is pretty good, yes.

Even at the uber elder encounter you can pull off 5 stages pretty consistently, its definetly worth it, but not first priority.
Last edited by s0mosh on Jan 11, 2019, 7:46:52 AM
So has this build gotten rekt by the patch or no? Reading conflicting opinions here.
"
Sombra1337 wrote:
So has this build gotten rekt by the patch or no? Reading conflicting opinions here.

I'm at work so I cannot test, but from reading here and Reddit it seems like the skill has been completely gutted until you craft reduced mana cost of skills onto rings.

Thanks GGG.
"
xaiyx wrote:
"
chaelp wrote:
Sucks even more than Cats Stealth doesnt work anymore, Farruls is pretty worthless to me without it, i dont have problems getting frenzy and power charges

Cat stealth doesn't work? What u mean?

Cats Stealth is supposed to give reduced visibility, which is currently bugged and not working.
"
Sombra1337 wrote:

I barely notice any difference tbh. Haven't ran out of mana once since the "nerf".
Last edited by lukiikosa on Jan 11, 2019, 10:19:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info