Delve Costing Changes

Y'alls communication and understanding of player base issues is beyond compare. No company always gets it right on the first go, but GGG's dedication to listening and not being afraid to make changes is so wonderful that I wish you guys made every game I enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to fix problems, and then when problems arise from the problem fixing, taking the time to fix THOSE problems. You guys have earned so much goodwill from me.
This update is very good for the sulphite/maps progression, and you dont destroy anymore the social part of the game : playing maps with friends without feeling we shouldnt because of the low sulphite split.

A last detail, incredible that so few players mention it all along this league, the real problem wasnt the sulphite gain, but the too low rate of boss encounters, and you are doing the same mistake leagues after leagues.

If you create new content, let player reach it and play it frequently, the only solution is :

MORE BOSS ENCOUNTERS WITH LOWER REWARD DROPRATE

That keeps making boss encounters exciting, and even more when you loot something.

Edit / Anyway, gj for this league.
Last edited by Trifaldin on Sep 21, 2018, 12:03:51 PM
"
"
Boganist wrote:
"

True
If your only aim is to sustain them without regard for cost

4 chisels, every single map
Alch
Additional chaos to get 25 monster pack size
Alternatively scour/alch
Vaal
+whatever Zana mod you choose
+Sacrifice Fragment
Averages to 5-6c per map
And that's assuming you didn't buy the map
And then you run 3 red maps without getting a single red map in a row.
And everything that drops within the map is absolute shit

And it more than pays itself back. I've done this every league I've played and I've always completed the full atlas. No trouble with money either, for example this league I bought a Headhunter after a week of the league even though I'd spent hundreds and hundreds of chaos into buffing maps. But that's because for every 1 chaos you sink into a map, you get 2-4 in return on average, at least. Not in currency format, but when accounting all the things you sell and new maps drops.

Then I must be doing something wrong, because I keep throwing currency into maps without getting much in return.
I might get lucky once in a blue moon with several red map drops, but I mostly see below tier 10 map drops with 130+ atlas bonus.

And then, of course, the pain and hassle of selling surplus maps without an AH/trade system in game.
But I ain't even want to get into that right now.

It's doable.
But it sure as fuck ain't enjoyable.

Then you're doing it wrong.
Possibly you have your lootfilter set up completely wrong, or don't know what to look for on drops. Red maps pay for themselves many times over, on average.

I play the same way, every league. Complete entire or almost entire atlas, hunt elder spawns, now also hunt shaper strongholds. This league i don't even buy chisels or sextants, i use what i get from strongholds, which is tons, and if i run out *shrug* i run less appealing maps until i'm stocked again for a trilogy of good ones.

I only ever use sac fragments on T16 maps, i only corrupt for bonus and challenges, and i only sextant on high red maps. And I never run quantity gear. I can count the number of times i have to buy a map on one hand over the course of several days. Note this is *AFTER* the initial investment of unlocking the entire atlas including bonuses, i always buy maps that don't drop and work my way up the tiers.

It's always worked, it's never been an issue, and 9/10 times when people say they can't sustain it's because they don't know how to roll and modify maps and/or they don't know how to make money.

This league i'm actually almost chaining T16s with the city biome drops in delves.
I truly hope this makes it into standard one day, one of the very best leagues I have seen, very hyped, thank you for this GGG
" Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. "
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Innomen wrote:
The "quit playing the league mechanic" league patch.

THIS.

You created an amazing league mechanic.
You got more players happier than ever, enjoying the game.
And then...
...you took that amazing league mechanic away from those happy players and sent them back to the map grind.

Forcing everybody to grind maps in a league solely dedicated to the Delve is one of the most WTF design decisions I've ever seen in almost 20 years of playing this type of games.

'POE Sulphite Patch' is going to be remembered across the field for sure. And not in a good way.
Indeed.

For me the main reason for not playing leagues from start to finish is that the league mechanics always revolve around having to do maps. If grinding maps was what I wanted to do I'd just play standard. I loved the mine and it wasn't about getting better rewards. It was the general gameplay and exploring.. getting excited when an interesting node was revealed on the chart. Now the sulphite costs (200-400) and gains (400+ in T9 map) are way too high compared to my cap (1k) so my gameplay is just insane jumping between maps and mine which is even worse than doing maps for a bit and then enjoying long delve sessions.
"
Ashriel wrote:
GGG should realize by now that people like delving, but hate everything that is required to experience it. Sulphite was dead on arrival, and these life support patches are embarrassing. It's dead guys. Time to draw the curtain and bury sulphite for good.

I don't even mind sulphite in theory, I just think the gating is all completely and horribly wrong. They are balancing around a design goal that is directly contrary to fun, and they refuse to even consider balancing around a different design goal.

A high iiq t16 sulphite deposit should grant enough sulphite to do a whole delve. Not just a single square at depth 270. An actual fucking delve, even if that's 6 squares to it.

Balance it so that it's as fun as incursion. The current balance is certifiably insane.
Last edited by codetaku on Sep 21, 2018, 12:44:22 PM
"
Chris wrote:
... and this means that if you can't sustain Tier 16 maps, ... the difference between someone sustaining Tier 16 maps ... The best way to gain sulphite is still Tier 16 maps ... maps are a lot more rewarding than non-maps

Holy shit, I can't even reach Maps (not mentioning sustaining any) alone because of roadblock named Kitava and necessity to either pick mainstream build + invest into gear or to waste a week to become less decently geared + overleveled while having character build I actually enjoy, without paying anything to shady dealers of sorts, because of it.
Sustaining T16 mars?
Really?
Really?
Are you serious?
Is this an advertisement of Ex Orb sellers or what?
What am I supposed to do with this... information?
If I can't sustain T16 maps - should I uninstall + wank off? Do this Manifesto mean it or what?
This might've been answered earlier but don't have the time to search all 27 pages. When the patch notes for 3.4.3b came out it talks of length 2 and length 6. Can someone tell me what that means?
"
DoomCarpace wrote:
This might've been answered earlier but don't have the time to search all 27 pages. When the patch notes for 3.4.3b came out it talks of length 2 and length 6. Can someone tell me what that means?

Delves are basically a "grid", and up to 1 node spawns in each tile/square. a "2 length" would just be a node connecting directly to its neighbor (they're touching), where a 6 would be node - path path path path - node.
looks like all the good from 3.4.3 was taken back with 3.4.3b
sulphite drop from maps is higher BUT sulphite cost in delve also is significantly higher, so it seems like all number was multiplied and that's it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info