[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
Fawkse wrote:
I'm looking for a character specifically for delving, and this caught my attention, for the obvious LGOH shenannigans. I'm wondering whether guardian or occultist would be better - I can imagine occultist doing fairly well, thanks to increased curse effect + poacher's mark/TC/enfeeble, what with delve monsters being cursable when in darkness.

I'm not necessarily looking to delve deep, btw, I'm delving broad for faming purposes, so I'm more interested in running around in darkness a lot than big damages or uber clears. Any thoughts?

Running the OP version of the build, except running Discipline and Watcher's Eye jewel, doing level 250 delve level. I can go into areas with no flares and just using lgoh and energy shield gain on hit I can roam around in the dark for far longer than any other character I've ever played. I'm sure I can go deeper as I get more sulphite.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Thanks for the build, easily the most fun i've had in PoE.

One question, is a well rolled Bone Helmet going to do as well as a helm with the +2 projectiles ?

Thanks in advance
"
Anger1557 wrote:
Thanks for the build, easily the most fun i've had in PoE.

One question, is a well rolled Bone Helmet going to do as well as a helm with the +2 projectiles ?

Thanks in advance

Absolutely not:

Herald of Agony has about 1000% increased damage. So 40% increased minion damage changes that to 1040% increased damage. The actual increase would be just 4% damage, which is nothing.

7 Projectiles instead of 5 means pure 40% more damage. And its awesome for clearing. Get the enchantment, either on a starkonja's or a decent crafting base. I would really recommend starkonja's until you are rich enough to craft a helmet with pristine/bound to get +2/3 level of minion gems, max life and minion damage support.
This is my first poe character.

Im loving the build so far, i've just hit 60 and dont have the chest piece or the helmet but im still speed leveling through the story.

Looking at the tree though, do I really need "Tireless" ? "Combat stamina" next to it will give 3x more HP regen and 1/3 of the life. Do we need mana cost reduction ? I feel like we dont....but im new so i know nothing.

Also, im looking at "reduced mana reserved" on the tree and there are notable ones:
-Sovereignty (6% reduction to reserved and 10% to non-curse aura effectiveness) [3 points away]
-Champion of the cause (4% reduction to reserved mana, 6% non-curse aura effectiveness and 20% aura aoe) [7 points]

They look very beneficial to me, but I want to hear your feedback on that.

I just feel like that i don't have "enough" mana to use after reserving it with heralds.

ATM im only running purity and summon phantoms because i dont have the chest or currency for a 5/6Linked one lol.

So i guess in TLDR, do we need mana cost reduction(the one that doesnt apply to reserved mana ?
"
kiteohatto wrote:
This is my first poe character.

Im loving the build so far, i've just hit 60 and dont have the chest piece or the helmet but im still speed leveling through the story.

Looking at the tree though, do I really need "Tireless" ? "Combat stamina" next to it will give 3x more HP regen and 1/3 of the life. Do we need mana cost reduction ? I feel like we dont....but im new so i know nothing.

Also, im looking at "reduced mana reserved" on the tree and there are notable ones:
-Sovereignty (6% reduction to reserved and 10% to non-curse aura effectiveness) [3 points away]
-Champion of the cause (4% reduction to reserved mana, 6% non-curse aura effectiveness and 20% aura aoe) [7 points]

They look very beneficial to me, but I want to hear your feedback on that.

I just feel like that i don't have "enough" mana to use after reserving it with heralds.

ATM im only running purity and summon phantoms because i dont have the chest or currency for a 5/6Linked one lol.

So i guess in TLDR, do we need mana cost reduction(the one that doesnt apply to reserved mana ?

You want to get as much %life from the tree as you can get. The "reduced mana cost from skills" is just an additional rather irrelevant bonus. Combat stamina wouldnt be entirely bad, but life regeneration from tree is less important than %life.

About "reduced mana reserved": As soon as you have "the coming calamity", it sets your mana reservation to fixed 45% per herald. So "reduced mana reserved" does not change anything at all. For leveling, unitl you have a calamity, it might be usefull of course. I would still just stick to the guide though.
"
KäptnSharky wrote:

You want to get as much %life from the tree as you can get. The "reduced mana cost from skills" is just an additional rather irrelevant bonus. Combat stamina wouldnt be entirely bad, but life regeneration from tree is less important than %life.

About "reduced mana reserved": As soon as you have "the coming calamity", it sets your mana reservation to fixed 45% per herald. So "reduced mana reserved" does not change anything at all. For leveling, unitl you have a calamity, it might be usefull of course. I would still just stick to the guide though.

Why do we want as much hp % as we can from the tree ?

So in the end I will be left with 10% of mana to use on cyclone, right ?

Thanks for answering :)
"
kiteohatto wrote:

High maximum life is very critical for not dying. % max life from the tree and flat max life on your gear are very important.

Yes, you will have 10% Mana left.
"
KäptnSharky wrote:
"
kiteohatto wrote:

High maximum life is very critical for not dying. % max life from the tree and flat max life on your gear are very important.

Yes, you will have 10% Mana left.

Last question for now. I have 2 claws, 1 with 91% phys damage modifier and 1 with 50% and +14% attack speed.

Do the minions scale off my phys damage or i can safely npc the 90% phys and use the attack speed one ?
Posting to update on my experience with the build.

It's demolishing content. As soon as you get herald of agony with a cyclone with added poison, it's GG. The only times I've died this league so far is from syndicate content insta-gibbing me, and from the darkness in delve (granted I'm not too far into delve yet).

I've found that using this unique claw to be very useful for leveling. It frees up my cyclone to add faster attacks instead of added poison. While you only have 80% chance to poison (ish), you still hit reliably enough that I haven't noticed it in the 20 or so hours I've used the claw.

"
kiteohatto wrote:
Do the minions scale off my phys damage or i can safely npc the 90% phys and use the attack speed one ?

Phys damage on your weapons does not affect minions at all.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Last edited by ciknay on Jan 7, 2019, 5:48:14 PM
"
kiteohatto wrote:
Last question for now. I have 2 claws, 1 with 91% phys damage modifier and 1 with 50% and +14% attack speed.

Phys damage on the claw is irrelevant - strongly recommend local attack speed modifier (the highest you can get on a mana gain on hit base) until your elder claw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info