[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

Hello fellow cyclone summoners,

I have played this build during the last week of delve and now in Betrayal, for about 400 hours total. Thank you systemplayerlost, IchiMorghulis and all other contributors to this guide!

It is an excellent league starter build. I recommend simply sticking to the guide, with one tiny exception that had already been brought up several times here: You really don't need/want additional poison chance on jewels. There are just much more valuable stats.

In my opinion, cyclone summoner is also an excellent endgame build. My goal is/was to be able to delve as deep as possible and to safely kill Auls and Uber Elder. Currently, I am at depth 600 and have killed several Auls and Uber Elders.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/BATByS1r

The skill tree is taken from IchiMorghulis. I can really recommend the reduced damage from crits for deep delves.

Detailed explanation of my current setup:
Spoiler

The +1 corruption results in about 30% more DPS. 3 green 2 red (vicious projectiles instead of maim) would be slightly better, but that difference is not worth 20ex to me right now. For Uber Elder, Shaper, Aul I switch pierce for vicious projectiles.

I don't use "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill", because an attack speed suffix is just too valuable in my opinion. 20% attack speed on claw means 20% more attack speed, as opposed to the increased attack speed modifiers everywhere else with diminishing returns.
Unfortunately, a claw with blind chance, lgoh vs blind, attack speed AND "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" is impossible (except for an extremely lucky double veiled mod). I am happy with my cwdt convocation anyway.
The bleed chance is for bloodlust on HoP, rather unimportant.

Enchanted helmet with +2 for minion gems, life and regen. The enchant is simply a must have, 40% more dps vs bosses and much better clear. Withering touch synergizes well with HoA, bloodlust is slightly better then melee phys dmg support.

6L gloves with life and a third useful suffix. Lvl 21 cyclone + increased aoe support gives cyclone a radius of 20 instead of 15. This might not seem that much, but the difference between hitting something and being too far away is a matter of life and death with this build.

I am using Kaoms Roots for Uber Elder, so I need enough resistances without boots anyway, making 2 socket Bubonic Trail the ideal choice. I am still hoping for the life regen enchantment.

Life recovery rate and a lot of max life.

Auls uprising allows me to have discipline without essence worm. The elder rings give me even more lgoh. The shock focus mod suggested by Uberness seems to be nice, but max life and lgoh are far more important in my opinion.

Probably I should get a shield with tons of life for delving, but I really don't want to miss out on the minion frenzy charges.

The flasks are as suggested by systemplayerlost. I would not change a thing. You really need the protection vs. physical damage from the basalt flask and Rumi's in deep delves.

Watcher's Eye with +30 ES gain on hit: Extremely useful for deep delves. Although 30 isnt a lot compared to my 200 life gain on hit, I have full ES while cycloning in enemy groups. Consequently, my max ES (1300) helps a lot vs potential one-hits.
I try to get as much life as possible from my jewels. I also need quite a lot of dex and res from jewels. Aside from that, the best mods are minion attack speed, life regen while moving, attack speed and max ES.

Really nice idea, died on 73lvl Catarina w/o known any tactic, I'm stupid, yea, but, trying Gladiator version on SHC right now, it works really well, and by MY opinion, more HC friendly https://pastebin.com/KLTTFBay

Still WIP, bad gear, bad links, cleared Uber Lab at 73 3pllz solo w/o any problems with rare 5l body
It was my first time trying uber elder, solid build!
This is my new favorite build, it does everything without any gear and the gameplay is shield charging and cycloning, really chill.
"
KäptnSharky wrote:

I have played this build during the last week of delve and now in Betrayal, for about 400 hours total. Thank you systemplayerlost, IchiMorghulis and all other contributors to this guide!

It is an excellent league starter build. I recommend simply sticking to the guide, with one tiny exception that had already been brought up several times here: You really don't need/want additional poison chance on jewels. There are just much more valuable stats.

A good post.

Your profile is actually something I checked to get ideas for upgrades to aim for like the aul's to replace essence worm, I'm not at 600 depth so I haven't experienced the mob damage yet, but I swapped off the rumi because I was already at 75% block chance from guardian passives half the time so it was just 10% spell and some armor I didn't value much, I found the forbidden taste very helpful for those times when something spikes you to near-death and you can't loh immediately, or those times when something applies a 20k ignite or degen just as everything you could hit died and you got to portal out or just wait for death, it for sure saved me 10% exp now and then from avoiding those situations.

I assume for the claw you used fossil crafting, I managed to hit a similar claw but ruined it with a anull orb because anulls always target the loh, I tried essence crafting attack speed but that would probably take hundreds of whispers to buy enough.
"
KäptnSharky wrote:

In my opinion, cyclone summoner is also an excellent endgame build. My goal is/was to be able to delve as deep as possible and to safely kill Auls and Uber Elder. Currently, I am at depth 600 and have killed several Auls and Uber Elders.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/BATByS1r

The skill tree is taken from IchiMorghulis. I can really recommend the reduced damage from crits for deep delves.

Thanks for the credit and posting your thoughts on this build.

The Increased AoE gem on cyclone is something I never thought of trying before and I've been looking for a replacement for culling for a while now.

I've been trying to craft a claw like yours since the last league, still no luck. I value a high local attack speed roll above all other mods. I even played for awhile with just a T1 AS roll on the claw.
Just wanted to drop in and say thanks to the designers of this build and the contributors for all their suggestions.

i started playing this build in Delve also. i have been playing poe for a few years now on and off. i'd often stop in frustration. i don't know how to make a million exaults and i could never find a character that could last past mid red maps.

This is the best build i've every played. it can stand on it's own at a reasonable budget. it has brought the fun back to poe and i can't thank you enough for that. just goes to show you don't need to be in the poe millionaires club to enjoy the game.

As a side note my main pc died. in the process of building another. i'm the mean time i'm using a low spec laptop. This char is so cool it even lives through all the lag spikes. half the time i don't know where he is but he comes on on top every time.

hello. Ive crafted this weapon and have 1 more prefix slot left on it. Can someone suggest what should i craft on it? flat added phys or something other?
"
luciferus wrote:

hello. Ive crafted this weapon and have 1 more prefix slot left on it. Can someone suggest what should i craft on it? flat added phys or something other?

Im thinking about craft Hits can't be Evaded on mine, but i don't know if worth.

Its a 3ex craft.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
I value a high local attack speed roll above all other mods. I even played for awhile with just a T1 AS roll on the claw.

I also disliked the low atkspeed. Using this now. Getting open prefix, atkspeed, minion damage and lgoh vs blind is not that hard imo. Use bound, pristine, shuddering. Currently thats about 12C per roll. Within 20-30 rolls you should get some nice claws.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info