[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
Ozzie1111 wrote:
I am absolutely loving the build, thank you very much.

However, I am baffled about how significant the DPS difference is between my build and the original PoB. It looks very abnormal to me, can someone take a look and tell me what I am missing? I know my jewels are not perfect and whatnot but the difference in the DPS of the Agony Crawler should not be THAT large.

My build as it is: https://pastebin.com/deqeDuPs

My Agony Crawler damage reads close to 8K, while the original build reads almost 200K. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, you might need to set your "Virulence stacks" in PoB config to 40 (in fact, check your other config settings as well). Looks like you're doing all the right things on your character though!
Switched to Cyclone (i'm level 33now) Followed first two "Melee" skill trees, then switched to Cyclone skill trees... I now have herald of agony and herald of purity, but at this moment i can't activate them both... is that normal for this stage of leveling or did I do something wrong?

thanks in advance!
Last edited by drumcorp1986 on Dec 25, 2018, 10:14:29 AM
Hey, I managed to gear up this guy with some okayish gear and wanted to ask, how can i improve my character right now ? Looking to be sure to kill Shaper cuz i did kill him but sometimes i die randomly at it really sucks.

Here's my pob and ty for the build ^^: https://pastebin.com/2zjimbfS
What do you think about 2x essence worm ? hatred/haste or hatred/dicispline with watcher'eye ?
I am currently using withering touch support but wondering if culling is better in 2man group or withering still op?

also trying to free up a flask spot so i can test Witchfire Brew aura to buff Herald
of agony crawler dmg on bosses let me know if anyone tried.

Edit: is there a higher budget chest to swap to end game?
moooo
Last edited by faids4you on Dec 25, 2018, 8:21:28 PM
"
faids4you wrote:
I am currently using withering touch support but wondering if culling is better in 2man group or withering still op?

also trying to free up a flask spot so i can test Witchfire Brew aura to buff Herald
of agony crawler dmg on bosses let me know if anyone tried.

Edit: is there a higher budget chest to swap to end game?

Doubtful that you can beat the chest unless you spec heavily into reduced mana reservation and drop the essence worm.

The chest allow you to run a 6link herald setup and a 5 to 7link herald setup whitout even flinching and if you add a avoid stun craft you also because stun immune i think.
IGN : DCDTDito
"
Ozzie1111 wrote:
I am absolutely loving the build, thank you very much.

However, I am baffled about how significant the DPS difference is between my build and the original PoB. It looks very abnormal to me, can someone take a look and tell me what I am missing? I know my jewels are not perfect and whatnot but the difference in the DPS of the Agony Crawler should not be THAT large.

My build as it is: https://pastebin.com/deqeDuPs

My Agony Crawler damage reads close to 8K, while the original build reads almost 200K. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

go to configuration in PoB and set 40 virulence stacks.
This is the craziest and possibly best build I've played in PoE so far. I've leveled entirely too many alts to maps, and this is the first one where I've been able to facetank A10 Kitava and Uber Izaro while underelevelled, without even caring about dodging their mega death attacks. It does that while still managing to crank out pretty great DPS with the pet horde following you around.

The build is an amazing synergy of a ton of mechanics that somehow piece together into "just hold down the cyclone button until everything is dead, then shield charge to the next pack and repeat". I'm just now getting to red maps, but I'm amazed at how hard it is to die with less than 100c spent on my gear.
So I've taken this build in a slightly different direction, still room for growth, but feels far stronger then using the original concept.

My advice is get rid of the holy relic 4 link since they are too flimsy for high level maps and replace the gems with a convocation and spirit or flesh offering setup.

Vaal haste is also a good aura if you like having a extra button to press now and then and moving through maps faster.

I would also recommend several items as huge power spikes.

Get a ring with a open spot for Shock enemies, 20% more damage for your minions, bosses will melt even faster, you can also get 25% dodge chance on helm/boots as a good focus option.

I had trouble thinking of a good 5th flask for this build and then it hit me that this is absolutely perfect for your massive HP pool and high regen, you'll naturally have high chaos resist from the shield and passives and you should focus on finding chaos resist gear to hit positives for this league anyway, my regen outpaces the degen out of combat and in-combat you'll be topping yourself off, it is a must-have panic button when something comes around that can bring you down to 5% suddenly.

A claw like this, while missing attack speed due to space, is a great weapon and saves you from needing to use a second cast when damage taken gem setup and also has a better blind support which frees you to use culling strike instead, 2 gem slots freed up is a massive benefit.

As for taking this build even further, ultra-ultra lategame I could probably fit in a Aul's amulet for a free aura and replace Essence worm with a elder unset ring which could have poachers mark on-hit curse to free up the enfeeble gem slot.

As for the aura to take, probably discipline with a watcher's eye for spellblock and +30 energy shield on hit to give you even more tank.
Last edited by Uberness on Dec 30, 2018, 12:13:25 PM
"
drumcorp1986 wrote:
Switched to Cyclone (i'm level 33now) Followed first two "Melee" skill trees, then switched to Cyclone skill trees... I now have herald of agony and herald of purity, but at this moment i can't activate them both... is that normal for this stage of leveling or did I do something wrong?

thanks in advance!

Very common when leveling. Before Coming Calamity, you have to reduce support on both heralds or just run Herald of Agony. I think more information is available in the OP. I used Mooginator's post earlier in this thread for info on this.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info