[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

"
Silver_Dude wrote:
UberElder/Uber Atziri "Easy mod". Feels quite squishy in t15-16 blighted maps and t14+ Cortex. I'll try to respec into MoM for more EHP(+2000-2500, 7000 -7500 total) with Aulls Uprising

maybe a dumb question but, how do you put all your gear with sockets nd stats in a comment like that?
"
Karathis wrote:
also i got a weapon that looks like this
--------
Item Level: 68
--------
36% increased Spell Damage
--------
49% increased Spell Damage
15% increased Cold Damage
19% increased Cast Speed
+33% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Adds 6 to 75 Lightning Damage to Spells (crafted)

how do i go about upgrading this? what stat is most important to look for and how do i know for sure its better than the one im currently using

edit: ive been importing some 40c wands and daggers into pob and theyre only increasing my avg damage with 2 or 3k, nothing major

als how do we generate power charge? in the pob its ticked but when im playing i dont generate them

Your weapon is ok. But you don't have any damage an your rings and amulet, you don't have any jewels yet, where a lot of damage comes from, you can get more damage on your shield and you are on a five-ling for now. Also you are only level 82, so your gems are underleveled and you will get some damage from the passive tree. That stuff adds up. Just wait a bit and everithing will be ok.

For power charges you need Blast Castcade. You don't semm to have it. When you get it, I would put 1 traveling point into +10 intelligence and then get rid of Lethal Assault and Resourcefulness and the points around them. That's 6 skillpoints better spent elsewhere.

One general thought on shield vs dual weald: I believe on low to medium investment a dual wielder is just flat out better. The reason fot this is you need a lot of strength for shield charge. If you dual wield you can just dump strength and get A LOT of damage instead. It will also make the gearing of your character much easier.
With some investment, when you can kill everything anyway, a shield will make you move around faster, with shield charge. That's the only reason to go for a shield.
Is this build HC viable?
"
Aillass wrote:
"
Karathis wrote:
also i got a weapon that looks like this
--------
Item Level: 68
--------
36% increased Spell Damage
--------
49% increased Spell Damage
15% increased Cold Damage
19% increased Cast Speed
+33% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Adds 6 to 75 Lightning Damage to Spells (crafted)

how do i go about upgrading this? what stat is most important to look for and how do i know for sure its better than the one im currently using

edit: ive been importing some 40c wands and daggers into pob and theyre only increasing my avg damage with 2 or 3k, nothing major

als how do we generate power charge? in the pob its ticked but when im playing i dont generate them

Your weapon is ok. But you don't have any damage an your rings and amulet, you don't have any jewels yet, where a lot of damage comes from, you can get more damage on your shield and you are on a five-ling for now. Also you are only level 82, so your gems are underleveled and you will get some damage from the passive tree. That stuff adds up. Just wait a bit and everithing will be ok.

For power charges you need Blast Castcade. You don't semm to have it. When you get it, I would put 1 traveling point into +10 intelligence and then get rid of Lethal Assault and Resourcefulness and the points around them. That's 6 skillpoints better spent elsewhere.

One general thought on shield vs dual weald: I believe on low to medium investment a dual wielder is just flat out better. The reason fot this is you need a lot of strength for shield charge. If you dual wield you can just dump strength and get A LOT of damage instead. It will also make the gearing of your character much easier.
With some investment, when you can kill everything anyway, a shield will make you move around faster, with shield charge. That's the only reason to go for a shield.

thank you for your analysis. i was following the guide pob and already thought that lethal assault and resourcefulness dont really make sense and dont help that much and was already wondering if i should grab blast cascade at one point. as for jewels i was going to invest points into those later however any decent jewel with 2x damage and life are going to be 40c and up same with the damage rings sadly. i will try to find a second wand and hope that this will increase my damage a fair bit. is there anything else odd about the gear im using or something that probably needs a swap out? maybe gem links or? i feel like i have really low life, sub 5k and it gets me in trouble often
Last edited by Karathis on Sep 22, 2019, 4:13:58 PM
"
Karathis wrote:

thank you for your analysis. i was following the guide pob and already thought that lethal assault and resourcefulness dont really make sense and dont help that much and was already wondering if i should grab blast cascade at one point. as for jewels i was going to invest points into those later however any decent jewel with 2x damage and life are going to be 40c and up same with the damage rings sadly. i will try to find a second wand and hope that this will increase my damage a fair bit. is there anything else odd about the gear im using or something that probably needs a swap out? maybe gem links or? i feel like i have really low life, sub 5k and it gets me in trouble often

If you go for dual wield, you can almost cap resistances with your boots, gloves, belt and helmet. Then you can go for the folliwing for Jewlery.

Amulet:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/7n5yY4lS5

Ring 1:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/8lQMlbIV

Ring 2 (Elder Ring!!!):https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/pJPXl6bT0

Jewels:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/ved3MVWCE
Don't buy all jewels at the same time. If you check regularly or perform a life search, you should be able buy such jewels for 10c-20c.
"
Karathis wrote:
"
Silver_Dude wrote:
UberElder/Uber Atziri "Easy mod". Feels quite squishy in t15-16 blighted maps and t14+ Cortex. I'll try to respec into MoM for more EHP(+2000-2500, 7000 -7500 total) with Aulls Uprising

maybe a dumb question but, how do you put all your gear with sockets nd stats in a comment like that?

Hi! Press "post reply" you'd switch to your blight league character first, press icon character after, press at each item in character gear screen|jewels in skill tree(codes of all gear will paste in message. Good luck
Hi, which anoint do you use on amulet? Thank you.
"
Aillass wrote:
"
Karathis wrote:

If you go for dual wield, you can almost cap resistances with your boots, gloves, belt and helmet. Then you can go for the folliwing for Jewlery.

Amulet:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/7n5yY4lS5

Ring 1:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/8lQMlbIV

Ring 2 (Elder Ring!!!):https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/pJPXl6bT0

Jewels:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/ved3MVWCE
Don't buy all jewels at the same time. If you check regularly or perform a life search, you should be able buy such jewels for 10c-20c.

Thank you! for jewels what do you think about stuff like this? projectile damage + other damage mod

or do we value crit chance and crit multi over anything?
im trying to balance out my resists atm but im also having to juggle strength dex and int, i could lower bear trap level as it doesnt matter much but i need high int to wear the wand and str for immortal call

do i take something else instead of shield charge?

also do i just take the elder ring so i cant be stunned?

edit: ive got 2 wands now and im ripping around every corner, if i could de-level i definitely would be 70 again

Last edited by Karathis on Sep 23, 2019, 1:38:59 PM
"
Nightmare1304 wrote:
Hi, which anoint do you use on amulet? Thank you.

Currently I'm saving up for Whispers of Doom, for the additional curse. Then I will run Temporal Chains and Enfeeble in a Blasphemy setup. But that's almost 3 exalted.
In the meantime I'm using Battle Cry, as Myrkabah suggested. Just press the Enduring Cry button every couple of seconds together with your flasks and always have 3 endurance charges up. It's cheap and extremely strong.

If you want more damage, then

Heart of Thunder 1.2ex > Arcane Potency 80c > Divine Judgement 11c
"
Karathis wrote:

or do we value crit chance and crit multi over anything?
im trying to balance out my resists atm but im also having to juggle strength dex and int, i could lower bear trap level as it doesnt matter much but i need high int to wear the wand and str for immortal call

do i take something else instead of shield charge?

also do i just take the elder ring so i cant be stunned?

edit: ive got 2 wands now and im ripping around every corner, if i could de-level i definitely would be 70 again

Crit multi is the most important damage mod. All other damage mods are relatively equal. But if you want jewels with life and 2x crit multi, you will have to pay exalts. But 1 crit multi should be on the jewel.

We use bear trap only for the 15% increased damage. You can keep it at level 1.

I have my immortal call at level 5 so it procs more often. That's only 96 strength.

I'm using a shield myself, so I don't know what else to take for shield charge. Just look around at poe.ninja, what the other dual wielders are taking.

You take the elder ring for the 60-80% increased spell damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info