Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

I played a total of 3 characters this league, and this one is by far the most broken/ op of all.

I start this arc trap build in flashback incursion a few days ago and I can alrdy see he's league above my other characters despite cheaper investment.

It's not just the crazy burst dm and aoe, the survivability/ regen is so good that it is one of the best Tabula Robe viable character, with the cheapest set-up to be op as hell. Fast movement, good survivability/regen, good range aoe dps, set-up burst that kills most bosses instantly, on top of crazy fast movement!

Around 1 ex worth of investment (getting good res/ hp rares + good mods wands + trapper glove + Tabula + gems) and you'd become op as hell thx to how good the arc dm is and how well the traits synergize each other.

You don't need fancy stuffs like 6L Loreweave or Shimmershroom to do end game contents cuz your dps is already enough. With those it definitely makes the build better, but your character is already strong as hell without it.

Like I said this is some of the few characters I feel comfortable playing with Tabula Robe base defense.
Born is Shadow and Pyromancy + Grace + Vaal Grace + Acrobatic + Phasing is such good defensive measure , with free blind aura and crazy regen stacking up while you're able to kite bosses all days without a pinch. Add that to the broken arc damage and we have a top notch build that can breeze through all contents easily in a relatively cheap investment.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 7, 2018, 11:50:06 PM
"
hwat wrote:
Tried it as league starter in flashback.
So far was smooth enough, but I feel like I'm glass cannon.
Everything kills me in 2 shots.
Simple boss in Hallowed Ground unique map just kills me in second, i have no idea how do you "facetank mino", life regen is very low to facetank antyhing.
Maybe I miss some important mechanics but so far its even worse than arc totem, at least mobs sometime attack totems instead of me. Here i'm always need to watch out for packs/1-shots/bosses.
I've watched your youtube videos, still have no idea how do you tank things.

Wait until you get Born in Shadow and use Grace + Vaal Grace instead of Wrath and you'd see that you're alot tankier than other evasion builds.
"
hwat wrote:
"
koros wrote:

The CWDT-BR-IC setup require you to upgrade pantheon to work with.
Read pantheon section of the guide to understand.
You will be as thin as paper till you get all mechanics together (5k life + pantheon + bloodrage setup)
Loreweave gives 5% more max res, huge gain, dude.
Pantheon gives massive regen, which allows facetanking minotaur, (he hits big, but slow, allow to regen if not 1-hit if you wonder)

ofc i've upgraded pantheon
the thing is — i see IC is proccing, i see blood rage is on but they don't work together and I don't understand why (

- The gem setup must be in this exact order: CWDT-BR-IC (don't need fourth gem)
- As long as you have the Pantheon and gem setup correctly, it will work.
- IC proc to stop you from degen of BR for a VERY SHORT TIME to trigger the Pantheon (life recovery if STOP taking damage recently (know as last 4 sec, in this case IC stop taking phys damage from BR))
- IC proc won't stop you from BR damage permanently, you will still take 4% phys dmg from BR during its duration.
- IC proc doesn't wash away BR debuff, but the debuff can easily be counter by 20% regen from Saboteur ascendancy.
- And don't misunderstand what the Pantheon say, it make your life bar raise up faster, it doesn't give you more regen in the defense tooltip/tab. (it about the same thing, just differenct mechanics and can be confusing in this case)

Last edited by koros on Aug 8, 2018, 2:47:20 AM
Thank you for the good explanation Koros, it will be useful to me as well.
BTW. I'm 64 in SSFHC and still going strong :)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Does this work as a league starter? Roughly what budget at start of league do you think it will take to start this?

Also how does this build do in uber lab?

I completed Uber Lab at Level 79. Invested 30 chaos at a maximum into the character. BTW, i went for Born in the shadows after Merc Lab and grabbed Chain Reaction after Uber
Yeah, I'd argue Born in Shadow should be grabbed earlier since your dps is alrdy enough to kill bosses in around 1 sec without chain reaction.

Born in Shadow is crazy crazy good defensively. I definitely think grabbing that boosts the survivability hugely. Next time I play arc trap I'd grab born in shadow right after merciless too instead of Chain reaction cuz you one shot all foes in act already without it.
(PS, I soloed Uber lab at lv80 too with just 3k hp cuz bosses can nvr touch me before he dies)
The setup burst of 3x bear + 3x Lightning Spire + 17 arc is one of the most crazy burst I've seen in this game. Often time bosses die right after they speak, or go to next phase already.

This is definitely one of the best league starters I've ever played.
No prior grind like Oni-goroshi too.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 8, 2018, 4:26:55 AM
I'm still wondering whether to go with the full hp circle nodes below or Mind Over Matter + essence wurm.

I'm quite comfortable with the -Mana cost + 50% mana regen rings x 2 and not worrying about mana shortage whatsoever, but almost all the builds I see on top 100 in Poe Ninja runs MoM..
These are the biggest difference between the 2 builds, one going left and one going down.

I did some math about the effective skill points between MoM and full HP circle:

MoM: 20% hp, 30% dm taken as mana, reaching hp nodes in the left and grab the top 3 mp nodes = 12 skill points, 30% damage conversion, 20% hp. (All res +12 is quite unneeded honestly, maybe can help kill all bandits and grab 2 extra points cuz you got the 12 res)

Full HP circle: 40% mana regen, 49% hp + 23 hp (roughly 53% hp).

So Full hp circle should have roughly 900~1000 more hp, while MoM makes your hp times 30% because 30% dm goes to mana.

So why EVERYONE is picking MoM over Full HP circles in the new incursion then? (And forced a ring slot with essence wurm, which in my opinion is inferior to Praxis )

Well I guess most of them tossed like 50c on that infinite mp potion for MoM though..
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 8, 2018, 6:46:42 AM
MoM's 30% of damage taken as Mana is 43% more "Life", not 30%. Try mathing it out :)
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Aug 8, 2018, 6:55:11 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
MoM's 30% of damage taken as Mana is 43% more "Life", not 30%. Try mathing it out :)

So how's MoM without the infinite mp flask?

It seems I have to forgo Clarity too for full mana bar to tank hits.

Edit: I forgot Essence Wurm only works on blue gems, so I have to forgo grace too..

Forgo both Grace/ Clarity for Wrath + MoM....

Is it really worth it?

(Tested, put clarity on Essence Wurm + grace reserve too much mp = not worth it)

Things I sacrificed: Grace , Clarity , one Praxis, 50% mana regen from trait.

Things I gain: MoM massive hp, Wrath (prob not needed too)
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 8, 2018, 7:04:26 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:

So how's MoM without the infinite mp flask?

It seems I have to forgo Clarity too for full mana bar to tank hits.

Edit: I forgot Essence Wurm only works on blue gems, so I have to forgo grace too..

Forgo both Grace/ Clarity for Wrath + MoM....

Is it really worth it?

(Tested, put clarity on Essence Wurm + grace reserve too much mp = not worth it)

Things I sacrificed: Grace , Clarity , one Praxis, 50% mana regen from trait.

Things I gain: MoM massive hp, Wrath (prob not needed too)

If you use MoM:
Wrath in Essence Worm
Clarity on mana OR no Clarity and use Clear Mind jewel.
The unique mana flask is mandatory for MoM.
------------
Wrath gives more dps to end the fight quicker, imo, it gives same QoL as Grace, if you're good at dodging :)
Dying? At some points eva/dodge build will :) Dont blame yourself :) it's the nature of eva/dodge build hehe
--_---------
Stick with Grace if no MoM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info