Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
koros wrote:

- The gem setup must be in this exact order: CWDT-BR-IC (don't need fourth gem)

Wait, what? Do you mean they actually have to be slotted in that exact order? Cause I've never heard of something required to be a specific order before. So if that is the case, then with these boots:

I should swap CWDT & IC spots? That way it does BR then IC?

Also, how does Phase Run get used in this build? I've watched some of the uber elder kill videos & don't even see it on their bar. Is it only used for mapping & self cast to get around quicker?
Last edited by Tanaomit on Aug 8, 2018, 11:52:41 AM
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
koros wrote:

- The gem setup must be in this exact order: CWDT-BR-IC (don't need fourth gem)

Wait, what? Do you mean they actually have to be slotted in that exact order? Cause I've never heard of something required to be a specific order before. So if that is the case, then with these boots:

I should swap CWDT & IC spots? That way it does BR then IC?

Also, how does Phase Run get used in this build? I've watched some of the uber elder kill videos & don't even see it on their bar. Is it only used for mapping & self cast to get around quicker?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken_Support
According to this link, CWDT DOES cast all spells in the chain and in order. So to make sure the Pantheon works, CWDT-BR-IC should be in correct order.
-------------------
Phase Run is personal preference and a very good skill for mapping.
For Uber Elder, shield charge / flame dash / lightning warp are superb to get out of nasty situations/spots.
Last edited by koros on Aug 8, 2018, 1:17:58 PM
"
koros wrote:

CWDT casts skills in order, starting from the spell closest to it in the chain to the farther ones. Let's say it's the 1st hit you get when not having BR, you want CWDT to cast BR 1st, then IC, to trigger Pantheon.
I always try to roll R-G-R for BR-IC setup, so I have no clue if that setup in your boots will work. You should test and see if it works :)
-------------------
Phase Run is personal preference and a very good skill for mapping.
For Uber Elder, shield charge / flame dash / lightning warp are superb to get out of nasty situations/spots.

Interesting, so since I have enfeeble in the way, that could potentially mess the whole thing up? Does it also matter for the CWDT setup for Clarity/Grace/Golem ? I guess when I get home from work I will have to test it out & see what happens. I just finished Act 10 yesterday & don't have Arakaali upgraded, so I'm not sure I will be able to test it until that happens.

Also, what is the biggest thing to grab as a first upgrade? I don't have much C as I bought a tabula & cheap helm/gloves. I also need the quartz & quicksilver flasks.
"
Tanaomit wrote:

Does it also matter for the CWDT setup for Clarity/Grace/Golem ?

CWDT-Golem for lazy people (Golem dies very often, will be annoying to remember to cast it manually whenever it dies)
Clarity / Grace does not need to be linked with CWDT, and CWDT does nothing to Clarity/Grace when linked. They are put there because ... no more slots because the other 2 4-socket gear slots are occupied by the LST setup and BR-IC setup :)
Last edited by koros on Aug 8, 2018, 1:43:07 PM
"
koros wrote:

Check the link I quoted above for more info about CWDT.
Tabula Rasa will take you to Shaper without problems.
I think it's best to buy a pair of +1 trap gloves for faster mapping -> lvl21 Arc -> 80% Loreweave
All other gears are optional.

Thanks so much for the info man, really appreciate it.
"
koros wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
MoM's 30% of damage taken as Mana is 43% more "Life", not 30%. Try mathing it out :)

So how's MoM without the infinite mp flask?

It seems I have to forgo Clarity too for full mana bar to tank hits.

Edit: I forgot Essence Wurm only works on blue gems, so I have to forgo grace too..

Forgo both Grace/ Clarity for Wrath + MoM....

Is it really worth it?

(Tested, put clarity on Essence Wurm + grace reserve too much mp = not worth it)

Things I sacrificed: Grace , Clarity , one Praxis, 50% mana regen from trait.

Things I gain: MoM massive hp, Wrath (prob not needed too)

If you use MoM:
Wrath in Essence Worm
Clarity on mana OR no Clarity and use Clear Mind jewel.
The unique mana flask is mandatory for MoM.
------------
Wrath gives more dps to end the fight quicker, imo, it gives same QoL as Grace, if you're good at dodging :)
Dying? At some points eva/dodge build will :) Dont blame yourself :) it's the nature of eva/dodge build hehe
--_---------
Stick with Grace if no MoM

Aside from t16~18 map bosses, most fight ends before it started while the boss talking/ getting rdy because the set-up burst of trapper is just so damn strong :P..
And even if there's no set-up (scenario where boss spawn near lots of small mobs), arc damage get amplified by the nearby mobs already thx to the Arc chain bonus dm.

Worst case scenario is to just pop a quicksilver -> run far away, set up 3 spire 3 bear, 17 arc and lure boss to it, and rinse and repeat. This is a range build afterall that can even deal with the nasty Trial of the Grandmaster because of the uber cheap trap mechanic.

The issue with this build is always certain one-shot, so that's why I think Wrath may not be absolutely mandatory. For some builds that need every little dps they can get to succesd (relies on life leech + melee maybe), I can see the appeal of pushing maximum possible dps .
(I already played 2 builds like that this league. I think trap is not one of them)
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 8, 2018, 2:04:34 PM
Edited.
Last edited by Dutky on Feb 23, 2019, 12:54:29 PM
Alright, all of my arc/lightning spire trap gems are 20/20. I have a decent shield. 5500 effective life (non-MoM), Shimmeron, Loreweave, and +1 trap gloves (if anyone wants to look at my gear feel free, I know the Loreweave isn't the best roll) yet I haven't had much luck with Uber Elder. Do I just need practice or am I missing some tricks? I watched the new deathless Uber Elder video and saw that the strategy was to circle Shaper semi-tightly to avoid everything, I do that. Also kind of semi-circle/strafe Uber Elder when he's vulnerable, I do that. Is there a mechanical way to keep them both on screen, I think that's my main problem so far. If anyone has mechanical mastery of the Uber Elder fight I'm in need of help right now haha. Edit: re-watched the video, should I be facetanking The Elder like that...? Or should I move around more. I might have to try the more face-tanky method, especially if that's how you have to do it.
Last edited by CapnFlys on Aug 8, 2018, 5:02:26 PM

Just got this off the Omnitect earlier. PoB tells me that it is 35% more damage than dual Axioms. I never consider using a staff before, potential 6 links for Lightning Spire.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Aug 8, 2018, 6:34:55 PM
Does the ~0.4% lightning damage leeched as life (amulet affix) work for arc trappers? (I can't find that suffix in Path of Building.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info