[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

Another gear update. I have killed shaper/ red elder / uber atziri multiple times. All maps, roll and go. I don't even look at mods because this build can do everything. Love it. It melts everything.

I have not done an uber elder yet because I do not know the fight but will try it at some point this league.

Once I gather some more currency I will be trying to roll 20 conc / 20 immolate on the helm, so I can socket advanced traps again. Just ran out of money.

Next upgrade as well is 21 gems
Last edited by Timex1 on Jun 18, 2018, 11:41:46 AM
Still trapping like a boss with this build at Lv 87. Only 8 deaths so far, not bad for a scrub like me. Not much left to do but map - upgraded to some better gear and holy hell does Flamethrower Trap melt things now:

And this little beauty opens a whole new world of tankiness. A bit pricey, but worth it:

It's so good I barely need my instant recovery mana flask anymore, but I'm keeping it for now as it is still very handy in a pinch.
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Jun 18, 2018, 11:36:14 PM
Thank you so much for this. This is my 3rd league, currently level 91, and outside of refusing to buy maps and having a hard time filling out my atlas, all content has been trivial so far.

I managed to to drop 2 tinkerskins this league, and 6L one of them (my first 6L ever), so I was using it and decided to double corrupt the 5L I'm wearing now, it was a 50k damage boost in PoB over my 6L (Was using increased AoE for 6th gem).

I slammed +phys on that shaped ring :(

If anybody wants to audit my gear, this is my first real rich/lucky league and I'm still fairly new, not sure where to go. I have 3ex to play with, I assume upgrading my weapons would be ideal? I was thinking about going with a dagger so I can quit using flame dash...

Edit: PoB link, 33.2k DPS on Fire Trap https://pastebin.com/70A8fCPp (is that good?)

Last edited by EnrageDlol on Jun 19, 2018, 12:18:07 PM
"
EnrageDlol wrote:
Thank you so much for this. This is my 3rd league, currently level 91, and outside of refusing to buy maps and having a hard time filling out my atlas, all content has been trivial so far.

I managed to to drop 2 tinkerskins this league, and 6L one of them (my first 6L ever), so I was using it and decided to double corrupt the 5L I'm wearing now, it was a 50k damage boost in PoB over my 6L (Was using increased AoE for 6th gem).

I wish I was lucky enough for all that! I'm still working on my first six link... 900 fusings *SIGH*

"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

And this little beauty opens a whole new world of tankiness. A bit pricey, but worth it:

It's so good I barely need my instant recovery mana flask anymore, but I'm keeping it for now as it is still very handy in a pinch.

Yea I had to get me one.. Thx for the idea these things are awesome.

♥ we all go tissues ♥
I just joined the club! Thanks for the inspiration.
"
EnrageDlol wrote:

Edit: PoB link, 33.2k DPS on Fire Trap https://pastebin.com/70A8fCPp (is that good?)

Wrong, you PoB link is almost 56k dps on Fire Trap.
You forgot to tick charges and turn on the enemy burning option, because, well, enemies are burning.
Gear is fine, if you plan on sticking with pure fire setup, you should probably aim for essence crafted opal rings, your weapons aren't terrible.
But before everything, I would personally focus on resistances on rest of the gear, and use good spell damage/life/crit multi amulet instead of the one you have at the moment. Amulet can add so much damage, it's always a bad idea to focus on defensive stats on it, when the rest of the gear can cover for that.
You kinda want Doom Cast cluster in skill tree tho, and Throatseeker cluster is really good as well.
Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure where to go next, this gives me some ideas.

I started a toon 2 days ago following this guide and quite well so far. I don't really understand many mechanichs yet since I'm kinda new so I want to ask if the lastest patch modifies this trap build.

"
EnrageDlol wrote:
If anybody wants to audit my gear, this is my first real rich/lucky league and I'm still fairly new, not sure where to go. I have 3ex to play with, I assume upgrading my weapons would be ideal? I was thinking about going with a dagger so I can quit using flame dash...

A high end Sceptre will be much better than a trap damage dagger I've found. Although you lose the classic WB/FA/Fortify combo, I found that I had to use Flame Dash to get over gaps but I switched to LS/FA/Fort and freed up a gem slot. With this build anything that adds fire damage to spells will boost the DPS like crazy. I think I paid around 10 chaos each for these two Sceptres and they are way better than my old daggers. You want to find some with as much added fire damage to spells as you can:

With 3 EX you can easily get some really crazy ones...and Crit Multiplier would just be gravy. Also look for abyss jewels with high added fire damage to spells...they can give you a lot of added damage:

"

Yea I had to get me one.. Thx for the idea these things are awesome.

You're welcome...it makes those big hits a lot easier to recover from. :)
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

A high end Sceptre will be much better than a trap damage dagger I've found.....

Yes, I tinkered around with my tree and sacrificed quite a bit of HP for some damage wheels mentioned above and I still feel fairly tanky (coincidentally I also picked up a watchers eye with a lowish, but existant clarity MoM buffer). also swapped out for boots with more resists and upgraded my amulet. I'll have to keep an eye on some weapons like that, wow, they look so much better than my current ones.

New ammy:
, a bit better than my 6% spell damage one...
New PoB, more glass cannon.
https://pastebin.com/4eMvrRCr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info