[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
Songweaver wrote:
Update:

Spoiler

With Octavian advices, respecced a bit from my first tree and went Rainbow Trap route since my BV Elementalist gathered me some currency. Level 87, reached red maps, everything is instagibbed.
Currently sitting on 100k fire trap dps, per trap, in PoB calculations, with stuff that is up all the time, with shitty gear I have. Still need to get better rings (preferably essence crafted Opals, but had no luck), better amulet, gems to 20 and flip, corrupt into 21, additional trap gloves, etc. Estimates on upgrades in PoB yield around 200k per trap with current weapon.
Was using Immolate, but once you pass certain threshold, added damage becomes less effective and multipliers become more valuable, and ele focus gives the most upfront damage, although I was using Controlled Destruction for freeze/shatter for quite some time.
Still need to level Vagie to 7 to remove crafted mod and replace with master crafted crit multi for start. Reason for 2 gems in boots is because I'm gathering currency for 2 socket Bubonic Trail, but yeah...plenty, plenty of room for upgrades to get reach insane level, before they nerf that juicy 200% effectiveness on fire trap.

I was taking a look at using the Malachai's Awakening myself, especially since the skill tree seems to be almost entirely identical and with the current state of my gear single target DPS seems like it's going to be lacking in a while. How are your defenses in the build? As of right now Tinkerskin is essentially what's keeping me alive in maps, without it I'd probably be dead several times over.
"
Anassi wrote:

I was taking a look at using the Malachai's Awakening myself, especially since the skill tree seems to be almost entirely identical and with the current state of my gear single target DPS seems like it's going to be lacking in a while. How are your defenses in the build? As of right now Tinkerskin is essentially what's keeping me alive in maps, without it I'd probably be dead several times over.

Dunno what to say regarding your survivability, but right now, I'm sitting at 5.5k life, with 75% dodge and 75% spell dodge nearly all the time (acro/phase acro + quartz flask + vaal grace), I use CWDT + Enfeeble, along with Sabo blind "aura", on top of being semi-ranged, and I have experienced no real issues up to this point, few close calls, but I rarely get hit, and when I do get hit, life regen puts me and full hp in like, 2 seconds...if I feel like needed, I can always pop up the instant life flask to heal up, but it's rarely ever needed, even on maps with unlucky dodge roll. Pretty much I can't run just one map mod, and that is no regen, everything else is cakewalk, the damage is more than enough, and survivability feels good enough.
Overall I would rate my survivability decent, it's far from best choice of defense, but it's decent nevertheless, as I rarely feel actually threatened.
When I specced out of regular fire/thrower into rainbow traps, my damage was nearly tripled, with survivability remaining good enough.

Update:
Got the boots, sinked 280 chaos into buying them, next stop, wasting my life until I hit penetration enchant from uber lab.
Spoiler

Current state with this shitty gear, nearly 100k Shaper dps per trap, according to PoB, per trap.
Trying to craft at least semi decent crit multi opal rings, STILL no luck...
Last edited by Songweaver on Jun 30, 2018, 11:22:20 AM
Hey there weallgotissues :)

Just wanted to leave you some positive feedback.
Incursion is the third League I'm playing and I tried out a lot of different builds in Abyss and Bestiary while finding my bearings as a new player.

Because of the Trap rework and wanting to try something new again, I went with this build and I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.

I don't have a tabula, no leveling items at all and I am breezing through the early game like never before and it feels amazing. Very smooth, Throwing traps feels good and it's fun to learn where to throw them for maximum carnage.

Gonna report how things are going once I reach end-game :)

Kudos and thank you very much for your build guide <3
My 2nd red tier shapers lucky I got another Shimmeron :D. love this build.

67% Crit at FULL Charges
IGN: tauthichme
Hey guys, really loving the build. Only question I have at the moment is regarding where to progress the build. I've gotten 2 pretty good wands and I'm working on 6L tinkerskin and helm enchants from Lab, but I can't really find what to buy to push me higher up. If anyone could help me out with PoB just PM me or anything, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Hi guys, can someone tell me what mods I should look for on a weapon in order of importance.
Thank you.
I really like how adaptive this build is for all the content.
Currently working on making my firetrapper my primary bosskiller and I found a really nice item.

I almost screwed it up with a bad anul but only lost a resist.
I can easily just switch to lightning trap for clear since most damage is genereic now and sick boss dps since its a pseudo 5link and vaal version is good as well.
As soon as I get my loreweave 6linked I will be good for now any boss there is, might even get to attempt uber elder with it when I get there.

e: I know its not really that on topic but I like the chat, ssf makes you a little lonely :D

My question to you guys though, since I have the trap support, do you think there is a better skill to use in the gloves that actually uses the trap support?
Problem with ball lightning is the colors, I need to clear trash, cluster traps is mandatory.
Last edited by pennyyy on Jul 16, 2018, 3:41:30 PM
"
pennyyy wrote:

My question to you guys though, since I have the trap support, do you think there is a better skill to use in the gloves that actually uses the trap support?
Problem with ball lightning is the colors, I need to clear trash, cluster traps is mandatory.

Arc? :P That is a cool set of gloves btw (and on SSF!)

On-topic: I am enjoying this build! First time I reached level 90 ever. Got a bit lucky when I 6-linked my Tinkerskin on the 5th try lol

Thanks for the awesome guide!
what mods should i be looking for on weapons?
Ahoy there trappers, i was wondering if this is any decent, i hit this earlier today while essence crafting. I am not familiar enough with trappers to know what this is good for. Please let me know. :)

Best of regardes,
Kaoms_Heart
-----------------
Twitch.tv/kaoms_heart

𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝕺𝖍 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝓜𝓞𝓢𝓣𝓗𝓐𝓣𝓔𝓓

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info