[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
Songweaver wrote:
"
Kedar wrote:
I linked CWDT + Flammability + Curse on Hit + Ball lighting. When i get hit's ball light is spelling but without cursing the enemies. If i put back CWDT and use ball ligting it's ok - ball cursing the enemies. What i doing wrong? - actually CWDT 1lvl Flammability 3lvl Curse on hit 2lvl Ball Lighting 2lvl

Try putting them in order, the way it triggers it, see if it fixes it.

CWDT - Ball Lightning - Curse on Hit - Flam

The order doesn't matter, the levels do..
A little explanation because multiple people have been having problems with this setup. There are two things happening in this setup. The Idea behind this is that Cast when damage taken procs when you take 528 dmg. This lets you cast a level 38 skill. This lets us level the skill in question which is ball lightning to level 4. The next thing that goes on is that the ball lightning flies through the air hitting all enemies in it's path. We attach Curse on hit + Flammability to this to curse enemies. These can both be maxed out as they don't have restriction limit. Note Flammability and curse on hit must be above level 6 so they do not proc with CWDT and break the setup. The point of this setup is that you can case a higher level flammability more often at further range at the cost of 2 links.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
Last edited by weallgotissues on Jun 16, 2018, 10:13:31 AM
Interesting...I was pretty sure the order mattered, at least a while back in earlier leagues, as I still remember the discussion from back then...but no matter, it's good that it doesn't.
"
Songweaver wrote:
Interesting...I was pretty sure the order mattered, at least a while back in earlier leagues, as I still remember the discussion from back then...but no matter, it's good that it doesn't.

Meh the order might still matter =P but the levels definitely do. With the proper levels you won't have to worry about the order anyway =P
♥ we all go tissues ♥
Last edited by weallgotissues on Jun 16, 2018, 10:52:10 AM
First build of the league and really loving it! Level 87 right now and it's just been amazing how well this does with everything so far. Done Atziri and looking forward to higher maps and shaper fight. Thanks for the fantastic build! :)
Finally managed to kill shaper with this build.

The whole passive tree is well thought and have high chance to survive lots of bs mods on either chest, maps, and rare or magic monsters.

I had a good reminiscent of fire trap back 2.0 days when it was actually a thing with searing touch.

So i gave it a shot and it turned out to be way more versatile and better in many ways.

But Tinker Skin is BIS and almost a must have item to achieve that superiority as trapper (of course).

Killed shaper, 4 guardians with managable mods (did not roll into 100% boss aoe or attack/movement speed

whilst corrupting rare maps)

The only weak side will be it heavily relies on damage over time and siphoning trap.

I know a lot of people use bear traps for debuffs, but Siphoning trap also debuffs, slow the monsters, and help additional mana, health regen on top of MoM and regen nodes in the passives.

I had 4.7k life and 1.3k mana pool unreserved along with 800 es.

It is very surprising to see a massive dps on initial explosion and burning ground DoT when you throw out 16ish fire traps, 1 siphonning, and 3 flamethrower trap with one aura : Clarity.

Have not used anger or any other sort of aura to boost my damage.

and it still kills shaper.

However, (disclaimer) go with arc trap guys or explosive with ele conversion.

Firetrap is going to be viable for shaper, but not the best when it comes to dps in general and fast killing.

that is my 10cent while played this build as my first character to farm up and move on.

TLDR; trapper is good for league starter along with miners, but for veteran players, necro with skellies and zombies will be way better for farming and boss killing.

anyway, good build, good achievement. Thanks for the guide!
I managed to get a carcass jack to drop yesterday and love it for general mapping.
Just going for maximum area is really nice imo if you just look to map fast.
"

Firetrap is going to be viable for shaper, but not the best when it comes to dps in general and fast killing.

I strongly disagree, especially on fast killing part. Rainbow Fire Trapper, for example, takes care of Hydra with 35% monster life in around 15-20 seconds. It's also capable of directly sending Shaper into his phase.
Last edited by Songweaver on Jun 17, 2018, 2:52:33 PM
killed uber elder with this build. Awesome! at 3rd attemp and never tried it before. really strong build
Quick update on my Scion variant.
I've gone With Kaoms and a staff. until you can get kaoms, you can get a 110+ life and 10%+ % life chest for peanuts. Or go with a 6l flamethrower trap setup for a ton of DPS.

Current gear

I've had no luck in supercorrupting any gems. Every single one has lot levels and/or quality.
Gloves are OK - I've already ripped 2 pairs of extra trap gloves corrupting them. Will probably rip those two. It's questionable if the added trap is better than the fire damage against burning enemies mod, which you can get very cheaply. I don't use the trap link in them which is a waste, but I can't find a trap I prefer to flamethrower trap. I could an extra trap setup but that means losing some utility links.
I've got a much nicer staff, but It's stubbornly refusing to 6l! I'm currently running fairly unoptimal links as I'm too stubborn to recolour my staff until I link my nicer one. Better links are a solid 40% more damage though.

Got lucky on boots, hit the crit enchant first try which was nice.

Amulet has resists so I can drop a ring, and use essence worm + anger. Only really worth if/when I get an anger watcher's eye though. Or that ring I crafted in Bestiary with 56% fire damaged, t1 life, strength and 30% chaos res would be pretty nice right now!

Basic thought on the build. I'd have been better going full rainbow traps, or going with the martyr of innocence version. But it works well enough. Not done much high end stuff, but cleared a couple of guardians deathless and had no problems with elder or guardians (Only yellow tier though)

Last edited by Carlovski on Jun 18, 2018, 7:57:02 AM
"
Carlovski wrote:
Quick update on my Scion variant.
I've gone With Kaoms and a staff. until you can get kaoms, you can get a 110+ life and 10%+ % life chest for peanuts. Or go with a 6l flamethrower trap setup for a ton of DPS.

Current gear

Basic thought on the build. I'd have been better going full rainbow traps, or going with the martyr of innocence version. But it works well enough. Not done much high end stuff, but cleared a couple of guardians deathless and had no problems with elder or guardians (Only yellow tier though)

That's nice. You're on the right track for Rainbow Fire Trapper. Shit's way too strong.
If you plan to continue pushing the Rainbow Fire Trapper (RFT), you'll kinda want Shroud of the Lightless instead of Kaoms, for that juicy elemental penetration (penetrates all ele resistances), and RFT will have a nice balance between all elemental damage.
Also single/dual socket Bubonic Trail and Lightpoacher are very nice additions if you can manage your resistances elsewhere, as RFT relies on stacking abyss jewels for all kinds of elemental damage.
Last edited by Songweaver on Jun 18, 2018, 7:58:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info