[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
arkon9944 wrote:
So I was wondering with this build...

Since we kind of have an entire weapon/shield available for skills (3 sockets), what about something like this?

Herald of Ash
Clarity
Bear Trap

You get a bit of a dps bump from HoA
You get some sustain for MoM through Clarity
And then the obvious damage from Bear Trap

Am I missing something dumb and not seeing it? lol

Also...what are your thoughts on that new Belt that gives like 150% skill duration?

This would be a nice setup for a MoM setup, maybe even switch to AA if you feel you have enough dps mapping where you are.

"
Gosen wrote:
Fire penetration, while having 20% from passives seems like a wasted socket, unless there are no efficient alternatives.

how so? setting the resistances from 75 to zero is much better than 75 to 55.
Fire pen is probably the most dps in our support gem setup
Last edited by pennyyy on Jun 2, 2018, 7:57:57 PM
Anyone have a idea on end game gear for this build. Leveling pretty fast and I was trying to figure out what I should go for first.
For the sixth gem on the first trap would a empower gem help this out upping the levels of 4 others gems could be ok for bossing compared to some of the other gems being better for mapping it seems like I am unsure if this is any good but was curious and wanted to see what your thoughts on it were, thanks.
I've been following this build and currently level 60, I swtiched from Fire to Lightning because i got a good drop quite early from the Incursion map boss at the end.
Can anyone recommend an upgrade from this or should i just keep using it?
P.S Ignore the gems xD

Last edited by Londeh on Jun 3, 2018, 4:18:19 AM
Which one is better, Staff or DAgger/Dagger or maybe Dagger Shield? Which ones of those mentioned would you recommend? I'm currently looking for a weapon to change and was wondering which option is best.
Also, which Golem do you use? Flame?
Last edited by saif3r on Jun 3, 2018, 5:49:19 AM
I startet this build as a league starter in incursion league, now i am lvl 41, and i have a huge problem with survability, i die to often which is very frustrating for a league starter build.

Can you please guft some hints in your item section ?
Wich kind of armour you are going ? Evasion based ? ES ?
What stats are necessears on each type of item ?
What base is the weapon ?

Thanks a lot.
"
baalus wrote:
I startet this build as a league starter in incursion league, now i am lvl 41, and i have a huge problem with survability, i die to often which is very frustrating for a league starter build.

Thanks a lot.

well, first of all, there is no general solution to leveling and survability with some builds. here some tipps:
- cap ur resists
- try to get life on every item possible (as high as possible)
- get ur gems working (u are lvl41, so u can use all sockets and gems, especially, cwdt, ic, id and cwdt + enfeeble or flammability)
- just constantly look for better items

- stay distanced and throw traps as far as u can (prevently)
"
baalus wrote:

Thanks a lot.

I found it extremely squishy until I ascended and got pyromaniac from normal lab. The regen from that point is insane and takes you from squishy to tanky instantly.
I'm running this build on my stream off and on all day today if anyone is interested or has questions about what to do feel free to stop by and ask. I'm not a power gamer or anything, I go kinda slow and I don't spam flasks or worry too much about how fast I hit maps. I'm currently level 65 and in act 9 so if you want to see act 10 or early map progression tune in. The build is definitely not meant to be tanky but I've gone for both pyromaniac and born in the shadows as my first passives and it's working nicely. Keep in mind I don't have two monitors so if I don't see your questions right away just be patient.
Sounds good :) I would like to see a video to see how it works in maps :) and maybe an update on the gear. I am pretty much lost about the items, never done a trapper before. I know I am asking a lot :D
Last edited by Afura on Jun 3, 2018, 9:39:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info