[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
Afura wrote:
I am confused about the gear. Can someone post or tell methe items he is using or going to use? Would be nice, thx.

I've updated to include what I'm currently wearing. There might be some switching around/alteration as I find what works best for these new skills.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
its worth to get eldrich battery before tinkerskin?
"
gokudin wrote:
its worth to get eldrich battery before tinkerskin?

Not really
♥ we all go tissues ♥
Last edited by weallgotissues on Jun 3, 2018, 5:25:20 PM
"
Songweaver wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:
"
baalus wrote:
I startet this build as a league starter in incursion league, now i am lvl 41, and i have a huge problem with survability, i die to often which is very frustrating for a league starter build.

Can you please guft some hints in your item section ?
Wich kind of armour you are going ? Evasion based ? ES ?
What stats are necessears on each type of item ?
What base is the weapon ?

Thanks a lot.

Siphon trap is a big help

I'm level 70 atm, barely 3000 hp. All I have is 40% dodge from Acrobatics.
Died 4 times, and that's it, and all of those deaths are due to my own mistake. There are no issues aside of me going zoom zoom fast and faster. I don't use Mind over Matter either. Just HP and Acrobatics. Clarity and mana regen on gear is enough for me to sustain my traps at the moment.
Fire trap one shots packs, Flamethrower for bosses. Melts everything.

Planned skill tree that I'm using: http://poeurl.com/bWUT
Open it in PoB.

Will be hybrid, Life/ES with life/evasion/es/resistances gear later on. No, before you ask, I don't use Chain Reaction from Sabo ascendancy, I have more than enough Trap Trigger AoE just from skill tree for all of them to trigger when needed. So I'm more than happy to take Explosives Expert over Chain Reaction.

As for the stats, you want to prioritize life and resistances on all your gear, plus mana and mana regen if you're using Mind over Matter.

Also, I would advise on shaper mod on helmet, socketed gems supported by level XX Trap and Mine Damage and use Fire Trap setup there as a pseudo 5 link, which is more than enough for trash, and use your actual 6 link for Flamethrower trap.

I'm doing similar. I'm doing phase acrobatics over MoM also because it's near Master Sapper node cluster. I'm in my early 60's and don't have chain reaction and don't feel like I need to triggering at all.
"
"
Afura wrote:
I am confused about the gear. Can someone post or tell methe items he is using or going to use? Would be nice, thx.

I've updated to include what I'm currently wearing. There might be some switching around/alteration as I find what works best for these new skills.

Thanks a lot mate.
I got both phase accro and MoM, after MoM i start have some issues when i recieve some burst.

Now with a tinkerskin its worth to get eldrich battery?
"
gokudin wrote:
I got both phase accro and MoM, after MoM i start have some issues when i recieve some burst.

Now with a tinkerskin its worth to get eldrich battery?

Yea It pretty much takes away mana issues and gives us some strong sustain. I'm uploading a leveling video currently. Not sure how long it will take but it will be on the main page soon.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
I really wanted to play fire traps - and made the mistake to watch zigyds video ...

I spent like 2 chaos (the only item i ever bought) on the trap boots - made a "vendor round" to buy gemes and changed my fire traper to arc traps ....

Oh boy...
My clearspeed trippled at least
Incursions i really struggeled before ... well i now can clear all the monsters, open the door i like with like 10 seconds "chill time".

I dont know about the later scalling - but for midlevel - use the tree and go arc trap really.

The fine thing about trap build is how easy it is to change skills ....
"
return33 wrote:
I really wanted to play fire traps - and made the mistake to watch zigyds video ...

I spent like 2 chaos (the only item i ever bought) on the trap boots - made a "vendor round" to buy gemes and changed my fire traper to arc traps ....

Oh boy...
My clearspeed trippled at least
Incursions i really struggeled before ... well i now can clear all the monsters, open the door i like with like 10 seconds "chill time".

I dont know about the later scalling - but for midlevel - use the tree and go arc trap really.

The fine thing about trap build is how easy it is to change skills ....

I saw it too and was thinking to change, I think i'll give a chance, the clear spead of fire trap isnt the best my focus was flamethrower but I almost dont use
hey guys so after my initial post i reworked some specs in the tree got alot more hp and dont even notice the dmg nodes i took out. too much too type atm since im still grinding as well.

currently lvl 81 4.5khp and 300+es

just did uber lab 1/1 with 3/4 dark shrines

I also got lucky yesterday and got a white 6link base (not tabula) and did a bit of theory crafting with it.

Feel free to drop by the stream to ask any specific questions or if you would like to see some mapping of the build. I try to answer questions best i can this is the first time i attempted a trapper build myself. But struggled alot with surviving at the start and lvln process so happy with results so far.

https://www.twitch.tv/hudi3n3 - currently live at the time of posting.

twitch.tv/hudi3n3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info