[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Been looking at the new things Occultist got and the only way I can see it come close in damage to Ascendant is to go for tri-curse but then you lose Vile Bastion which kinda sucks. Otherwise, it just seems worse.
"
Ragnaroz88 wrote:
Been looking at the new things Occultist got and the only way I can see it come close in damage to Ascendant is to go for tri-curse but then you lose Vile Bastion which kinda sucks. Otherwise, it just seems worse.

Is there even a point to go for occultist without vile bastion?
I think it's the only point that worth mentioning in Occultist in our case - tons of flat ES and immunity to stuns (almost invincibility in map clear is just a sweet bonus, but we already so due to [watcher's eye + cwdt] combo).

All the others are just pretty much damage options which ascendant do better.

P.S. Well, maybe there is a point to stack "-10% dealt damage with hits from chilled enemies" with fenumus' 10% reduced damage.
Then i'm pretty sure that we have some stupid affix on helm that make 10% of the damage taken as chaos (which is -10% damage taken for us).
Adding that to AA and fortify, it can be something interesting. Then, i guess we are obliged to take malediction as well to take another "10% reduced" bonus.
Wow, stacking this may actually be pretty good. Need to test.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 5, 2018, 11:04:08 AM
"
Ivan_Sorenson wrote:
Mhm, if we go Occ we can maybe go Hybrid. Cuz of the new 60% Chaos res.

Very different build. Without VP, but with huge ES regen, and a little bit of life reg?

Waiting for PoB.

Normal hybrid is not going to work because you'll lose stun immunity when ES goes down, and you can't tank well with regen. Leech is much better.

However, LL with Shav may be worth considering again (it's been proposed forever, but usually ended up not worth it). I'll check it out in PoB with other ideas.
"
Med1umentor wrote:
So, now that PoB updated to 3.5 skilltree.
We can see that occultist ascendancy from scion is still the same. Only occultist was changed... erm, not changed, but more like added...

P.S. By the way, can we link new "bonechill support" to our frost bomb? It looks like a good idea to have an additional multi for almost free, but is chilling effects from different sources rewriting each other or stand on target together, and only strongest is active?

Wow, I'm really surprised that they didn't give any of those new things to Ascendant. So then Occquisitor is out right away, and the choice is between Elequisitor, Elementalist and Occultist.

For OCC the Ascendancy looks obvious now: Frigid Wake + Vile Bastion. OCC defenses look insane (except for reflect). But how much damage would they cost...

Going to play around in PoB today and see what the numbers say.

Frost Bomb looks funky with 100k+ hits (with support). But it's too slow to be considered DPS past the early leveling. It has a cooldown and a duration, so it's just 1 nice explosion in about 3 sec, and you have to cast it manually that often. Not worth it for DPS. It's a great debuff, and that's it.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Frost Bomb looks funky with 100k+ hits (with support). But it's too slow to be considered DPS past the early leveling. It has a cooldown and a duration, so it's just 1 nice explosion in about 3 sec, and you have to cast it manually that often. Not worth it for DPS. It's a great debuff, and that's it.

No no, i never intended to use frost bomb as actual attack skill.
If i'm not mistaken - bonechill support make "enemies chilled by supported skill take increased damage", so i think it's normal for it to be linked with support skill, isn't it?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
So, now that PoB updated to 3.5 skilltree.
We can see that occultist ascendancy from scion is still the same. Only occultist was changed... erm, not changed, but more like added...

P.S. By the way, can we link new "bonechill support" to our frost bomb? It looks like a good idea to have an additional multi for almost free, but is chilling effects from different sources rewriting each other or stand on target together, and only strongest is active?

Wow, I'm really surprised that they didn't give any of those new things to Ascendant. So then Occquisitor is out right away, and the choice is between Elequisitor, Elementalist and Occultist.

For OCC the Ascendancy looks obvious now: Frigid Wake + Vile Bastion. OCC defenses look insane (except for reflect). But how much damage would they cost...

Going to play around in PoB today and see what the numbers say.

Just to be on the same page. Scion fire version will still work out of the box.
Witch cold version will be better in some parts of the game. right?
"
gruumine wrote:

Just to be on the same page. Scion fire version will still work out of the box.
Witch cold version will be better in some parts of the game. right?

Yes, nothing changed in fire version, you still can use it as you used in previous league.
We still don't know if cold version will be better or not, but this league is great time to check this (addition of winter orb, bonechill support etc)
So I played around with a cold version of this build in PoB this morning, and this is what I've found so far.

Occultist does around 15-20% less damage than Scion Elequisitor, but gets complete stun, freeze, and chill immunity instead. This allows us to swap the Brine King pantheon to Arakaali for an easy 50% increased ES recovery rate. (activated with CWDT Blood Rage and Immortal Call, of course) On top of that, we get 250 base ES, which ends up adding 1000-1900 total, depending on how much int you can stack. The only defense we lose is reflect immunity, but that just means we have to reroll a few maps.

TLDR: Scion has higher damage potential, Occultist has much stronger defense and recovery. (as if this build wasn't tanky enough already)
"
April_Spades wrote:
So I played around with a cold version of this build in PoB this morning, and this is what I've found so far.

Occultist does around 15-20% less damage than Scion Elequisitor, but gets complete stun, freeze, and chill immunity instead. This allows us to swap the Brine King pantheon to Arakaali for an easy 50% increased ES recovery rate. (activated with CWDT Blood Rage and Immortal Call, of course) On top of that, we get 250 base ES, which ends up adding 1000-1900 total, depending on how much int you can stack. The only defense we lose is reflect immunity, but that just means we have to reroll a few maps.

TLDR: Scion has higher damage potential, Occultist has much stronger defense and recovery. (as if this build wasn't tanky enough already)

Did you tried with winter orb also instead of scorching ray?
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
"
April_Spades wrote:

Did you tried with winter orb also instead of scorching ray?

Don't have the numbers yet, so I can't be sure. However, it does seem to scale with all the same stats that WI needs, (area damage, cold damage, skill duration, etc) so it should easily offset the damage loss from dropping fire conversion. It could also be a huge help with clear speed if the damage is good, as it could be played like a long range BV sort of skill. Only disadvantage I see so far is mana cost. It will only need a 5-link for maximum damage, as life leech doesn't need to support Winter Orb, but we might need a mana flask to sustain it. Could also drop Arctic Armor or Herald of Ice for Clarity to fix that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info