[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Yeah I am definently going for a Occ version of this build. I hope the Scions version of the occultist incorporate that new frigid wake notable
Last edited by Tides5 on Dec 5, 2018, 1:11:24 AM
"
Big fat nothing?

As far as I can tell the patch notes dont concern us. Little bit of flat es, little bit of less cold damage. Nothing you cant fix with 1 jewel slot. Occultist changes are dot related...

Did I miss something?
"
FreedomOI wrote:
"
Big fat nothing?

As far as I can tell the patch notes dont concern us. Little bit of flat es, little bit of less cold damage. Nothing you cant fix with 1 jewel slot. Occultist changes are dot related...

Did I miss something?

Not getting any changes can be a blessing. Quite a few builds wish they got nothing in that patch :)

Occ changes are not just dot-related:

"
- New Notable - Frigid Wake: Cannot be Chilled. Cannot be Frozen. +20% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier. Every 3 seconds, 25% chance to Freeze nearby Chilled Unique Enemies for 0.6 seconds. Every 3 seconds, Freeze nearby Chilled Non-Unique Enemies for 0.6 seconds. Nearby Chilled Enemies deal 10% reduced damage with Hits.
- Added a small passive leading to Frigid Wake which grants 8% increased maximum Energy Shield and +5% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier.
- Void Beacon now also causes nearby Enemies to have -20% to Cold resistance. The small passive leading to Void Beacon now also grants 10% increased Cold Damage.

That's some very nice stuff. Problem is, that's going to take 4 of the 8 Ascendancy points. And the other 4 to get either lots of ES + stun immunity OR +1 curse and extra damage.

I'm actually comparing this to Elementalist now, for the Cold version, and the amount of damage traded for the 'fun' stuff doesn't seem to be worth it. Also, I forgot that Occ will not be immune to reflect anymore - a niche, but it still exists in the game.

Ascendant gets +60 BASE Int and 5 skill points for just being Ascendant, without even counting the actual subclass bonuses. That's HUGE.

Need time to consider the options, and need PoB to get updated. Good thing that GGG hired the PoB guy and he has access to 100% accurate data now.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 5, 2018, 3:08:19 AM
Mhm, if we go Occ we can maybe go Hybrid. Cuz of the new 60% Chaos res.

Very different build. Without VP, but with huge ES regen, and a little bit of life reg?

Waiting for PoB.
"
Ivan_Sorenson wrote:
Mhm, if we go Occ we can maybe go Hybrid. Cuz of the new 60% Chaos res.

Very different build. Without VP, but with huge ES regen, and a little bit of life reg?

Waiting for PoB.

Hybrid is awful idea for both regen builds and leech builds, because both regen and leech directly connected to ammount of max life, or max es, and not both. Going hybrid you just half the effectivity of either of them, you are not going to tank anything with this kind of build.

:
Last edited by FreedomOI on Dec 5, 2018, 5:05:53 AM
Hm

I like the idea to get immun to all strange things. To have probs with reflect would increase the cost of high tier maps, as the reflect maps mostly are much cheaper.

also hybrid version is only good for lab i think. In all other cases we tank the stuff or get one shot. So life didnd bring more survivabiltiy.

the one curse more i dont really need. and we can get curse as a mastercraft.
So, now that PoB updated to 3.5 skilltree.
We can see that occultist ascendancy from scion is still the same. Only occultist was changed... erm, not changed, but more like added...

P.S. By the way, can we link new "bonechill support" to our frost bomb? It looks like a good idea to have an additional multi for almost free, but is chilling effects from different sources rewriting each other or stand on target together, and only strongest is active?
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 5, 2018, 8:45:14 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
So, now that PoB updated to 3.5 skilltree.
We can see that occultist ascendancy from scion is still the same. Only occultist was changed... erm, not changed, but more like added...

P.S. By the way, can we link new "bonechill support" to our frost bomb? It looks like a good idea to have an additional multi for almost free, but is chilling effects from different sources rewriting each other or stand on target together, and only strongest is active?

;)
Also, reddit post reminded me about additional thing to think about.

If we are not going to use avatar of fire, then we can sacrifice one of our rings for Malachai's Artifice with fire golem in it.

Yes, it's quite heavy blow that no int or % int on it, but it will provide us pseudo 37.5% elemental penetration.

P.S. Now i'm told that i missed buff to that thing in patch notes, where they removed "reduced effect of equilibrium". Wow, it's actually full 50% elemental penetration then! I think it's perfectly worth ring slot.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 5, 2018, 10:35:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info