[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
bjoorrn wrote:
I don't think I understand fully,
should I use frostbomb - curse on hit - frostbite?

Yes.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Flos68 wrote:
Hey, great job for this build :)
Can i've some advices on what should i need to upgrade first in my gear ? Have a 4 exa budget
With my lvl 22 Hatred ring, can i change my Hatred gemme for something else ?
I think i've all the mandatory point in my tree, am i right or i miss something ?

Yes, with that ring you don't need to have a Herald of Ice gem equipped (I assume that's what you meant, and not hatred). It's a really good ring.

I would look for a better claw, and focus on getting a 6L body armour.

The claw doesn't have that much dps, and it doesn't have any crit.

The body armour you are using has a low amount of HP. Try to get one with 100+ max life and 10% increased maximum life. They aren't very expensive if you buy them unlinked, and try to link them yourself.

Also, if you have a 5L, you should be using WED instead of multistrike, and just swap Ancestral Call out for Multistrike on bosses.

Get quality on your gems.

The skilltree is looking good.

Rly cool setu
Thx for your answer Fiver.
y, i meant HoI ><

I've upgrade a bit my claw and getting a better 6L chest (waiting for 6l this
)
I struggle a bit when i searching to upgrade my claw, what are the esssential stat we need on it ? Increased Phys dmg, crit chance, AS, add X dmg to, elemental dmg with attack ... what is the priority to have among them ?

And for the gems, it is better to get a lvl21 gem or 20% quality ? (ofc it would be better if i've both :D)
I heard quality is better for aura and lvl for main skill (if you cant have both), that's correct ?

Thx for all your work and answers.

"
MasterIJ wrote:
Hey Fiver,

i see you changed a lot at the build - didn't checked here for a while.
Im really enjoying this build, but i changed some things to get it more comfortable for me:

1: I was really annoyed by using frost bomb to apply the curse's so i was running my oldsql HoI Build . (CoH +AM + HoI)
Used in Dark Rays with +2 AoE Gems to get a 2 levels on AM+ HoI, in the 4 Socket i was running Culling Strike for a real long time - but its not worth it at all. So i switched Blood Rage from the helmet in, to get a 4L on Whirling Blades.

2: Whirling Blades / Mana Issues
First of all, i was running reduced mana for a really short time on Whirling blade. But Blood Magic is just the way to go like in early leagues. Because you want to get a high AS on it, i swapped it from 3L to 4L to get Faster Attacks + Fortify in it (Fortify is really insane!). And as you already mentioned, reduced Mana Reservation on shield is the way to go, to remove mana Issues.

PS: If u want to get a chest with additional curse, u need to drop off something on that 4L to get Blood rage in it, so Fortify or Faster Attacks. In my Opinion its not even worth it, you melt down everything in this game anyways, so why go for a 2nd curse? - my only issue is survivability..so a Loreweave to get more Res + Fortify for an additional curse is worth it.

Exception: If u get additional Curse on Pande, then i would drop of faster atk, maybe you get it on a claw tho :P

3: STR Issue
I need to mention that the new "Lethal Pride" / Kiloava Jewel is just insane. It gives you a huge DPS increase + passive Res + Str (that u can drop of from Gear/skilltree then). The best slot for it is at the top corner (above Blood Drinker). So its better to get Depth Perception instead of Acuity, to get more out of it.

Im still running one INT node, just for like ~8-11 Int. 105 is needed for the Loreweave and 114 if you run and CoH lvl 21.

And normally i never run any Elemental Resist Passives, so i removed them all when i reached lvl 90 and capped with gear. (Cloth & Chain, Survivalist).

As i can see you got the Bloodrage + Berserk combo now too, its just insane with haste+flask ;)

PoB Paste actual: https://pastebin.com/7duvr7m4 (Next step is Oak + last life node from resourceful)
Skill tree for 100: http://poeurl.com/cumR (Still unsure if acrobatics is needed..)

Best Regards
Isy

Tried your HoI setup and added Lethal pride, that's a rly good and cool setup, well done.
Last edited by Flos68 on Jun 24, 2019, 8:38:44 AM
"
bjoorrn wrote:
"
MasterIJ wrote:
"
bjoorrn wrote:
Hi! I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my current items/nodes?
I'm having some trouble with dealing damage to the shaper :/

By the way, my first frost blades build, I love it! Thanks

you should change frostbite with frost bomb - and use it to apply an curse.

get the last socket green to atleast take Blood Rage with you somehow.

+Quality on your flasks should be no issue, change your jade flask to chalice/ToH and reroll your diamond flask to get freeze immunity.

switch light golem to ice golem

If im not wrong you are missing some Skillpoints (5 or 3?)

should get you +1 for jewel socket
and 4 for Primeval force, if u just lack dps and not suvivability

I don't think I understand fully,
should I use frostbomb - curse on hit - frostbite?

Yes :)

I’m experimenting some with the suggestions that MasterIJ mentioned earlier in the thread (just a few posts back). Currently using Herald of Ice - CoH - Assassin’s Mark to apply assassin’s mark when clearing, and frost bomb - CoH - Frostbite for bosses.
So the current setup may change.

Don't panic.
I am so very grateful that you guys help eachother out, and point out suggestions/flaws in the build.
I try to answer all the questions I can, but I need time for family/work/gym etc, so I appreciate any help I get.

Don't panic.
"
Flos68 wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Flos68 wrote:
Hey, great job for this build :)
Can i've some advices on what should i need to upgrade first in my gear ? Have a 4 exa budget
With my lvl 22 Hatred ring, can i change my Hatred gemme for something else ?
I think i've all the mandatory point in my tree, am i right or i miss something ?

Yes, with that ring you don't need to have a Herald of Ice gem equipped (I assume that's what you meant, and not hatred). It's a really good ring.

I would look for a better claw, and focus on getting a 6L body armour.

The claw doesn't have that much dps, and it doesn't have any crit.

The body armour you are using has a low amount of HP. Try to get one with 100+ max life and 10% increased maximum life. They aren't very expensive if you buy them unlinked, and try to link them yourself.

Also, if you have a 5L, you should be using WED instead of multistrike, and just swap Ancestral Call out for Multistrike on bosses.

Get quality on your gems.

The skilltree is looking good.

Thx for your answer Fiver.
y, i meant HoI ><

I've upgrade a bit my claw and getting a better 6L chest (waiting for 6l this
)
I struggle a bit when i searching to upgrade my claw, what are the esssential stat we need on it ? Increased Phys dmg, crit chance, AS, add X dmg to, elemental dmg with attack ... what is the priority to have among them ?

And for the gems, it is better to get a lvl21 gem or 20% quality ? (ofc it would be better if i've both :D)
I heard quality is better for aura and lvl for main skill (if you cant have both), that's correct ?

Thx for all your work and answers.

That’s a really nice armour!
Priority is to have %phys, #phys, AS and crit on the claw.
After that, added cold damage or EDWAS is a big bonus.

I’ve recently realised that a 380pdps claw with a decent cold dmg roll can be better than a 430pdps claw. So there’s a bit of flexibility there.

As for gems, I always try to get 21/20. No compromise.
I honestly don’t know which is better if I have to pick on Frost Blades. Probably lvl for the extra #dmg.
On the supports I think quality might be better, but it might vary between them. I’m at work right now (shh) so I can’t check PoB atm.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jun 24, 2019, 8:18:04 AM
"
Fiver wrote:

That’s a really nice armour!
Priority is to have %phys, #phys, AS and crit on the claw.
After that, added cold damage or EDWAS is a big bonus.

I’ve recently realised that a 380pdps claw with a decent cold dmg roll can be better than a 430pdps claw. So there’s a bit of flexibility there.

As for gems, I always try to get 21/20. No compromise.
I honestly don’t know which is better if I have to pick on Frost Blades. Probably lvl for the extra #dmg.
On the supports I think quality might be better, but it might vary between them. I’m at work right now (shh) so I can’t check PoB atm.

FB for exemple have extra dmg and an additional projectile (7 at lvl20, 8 lvl21)
So, i will up all of my 20% quality ... (fun part)

Any suggestions on what's my goal now ?
I think Shield, Amulet and Jewel in belt/gloves are my goal now, correct ?
Last edited by Flos68 on Jun 24, 2019, 4:42:54 PM
"
MasterIJ wrote:
"
bjoorrn wrote:

+Quality on your flasks should be no issue, change your jade flask to chalice/ToH and reroll your diamond flask to get freeze immunity.

Hi. What do you mean with missing skill points?

Also, what have I done wrong? I can't use all my auras (HoI, Hatred och Precision) because I will have no mana.
"
bjoorrn wrote:
"
MasterIJ wrote:
"
bjoorrn wrote:

Also, what have I done wrong? I can't use all my auras (HoI, Hatred och Precision) because I will have no mana.

Use a lvl 1 (or a bit higher) Precision. Work great even if you dont use it at a high lvl.
"
Fiver wrote:

damn i just crafted a nice claw some hours ago, didn't PoB with the cold dmg roll, corrupted after >,< Then it would be better than my actual ;D

Last edited by MasterIJ on Jun 24, 2019, 11:56:35 AM
"
bjoorrn wrote:

i mean, you are lvl 89 and got 16 points open. IIRC the site is still buggy, but i got 10 points left and i am 3 level higher, so you should have atleast 3 points more to spend.

Write in chat /passives and check if u have all from the questlines. Guess you are missing 3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info