[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
I mean yeah, it's a good claw. You could get a 6L with that, but you'd have to skip Rage or Hypothermia for it.
Personally I wouldn't use it, but as a temporary 6L? Idk maybe.

I should've been clearer. I have a 6L body armour that I'm using for Frost Blades. I was curious if there was some obvious way I couldn't think of to use the inherent gems in the claw, other than Frost Blades. I got it mostly as an upgrade to Bloodseeker's.

Thanks for the reply though! I'm impressed with your dedication to your build threads. :)
"
Fiver wrote:
"
ooFunky wrote:
Hey Fiver,

what do you think my next update(s) should be?

And thanks for answering that much questions.

Sorry for taking so much time. Was away for a few days. See my previous post. :)

No problem at all. Thought you've maybe overseen it :)

Thank's for the answers! Find it kinda hard to figure out which claw would be better.
Last edited by ooFunky on Jun 23, 2019, 10:42:08 AM
Hey Fiver,

i see you changed a lot at the build - didn't checked here for a while.
Im really enjoying this build, but i changed some things to get it more comfortable for me:

1: I was really annoyed by using frost bomb to apply the curse's so i was running my oldsql HoI Build . (CoH +AM + HoI)
Used in Dark Rays with +2 AoE Gems to get a 2 levels on AM+ HoI, in the 4 Socket i was running Culling Strike for a real long time - but its not worth it at all. So i switched Blood Rage from the helmet in, to get a 4L on Whirling Blades.

2: Whirling Blades / Mana Issues
First of all, i was running reduced mana for a really short time on Whirling blade. But Blood Magic is just the way to go like in early leagues. Because you want to get a high AS on it, i swapped it from 3L to 4L to get Faster Attacks + Fortify in it (Fortify is really insane!). And as you already mentioned, reduced Mana Reservation on shield is the way to go, to remove mana Issues.

PS: If u want to get a chest with additional curse, u need to drop off something on that 4L to get Blood rage in it, so Fortify or Faster Attacks. In my Opinion its not even worth it, you melt down everything in this game anyways, so why go for a 2nd curse? - my only issue is survivability..so a Loreweave to get more Res + Fortify for an additional curse is worth it.

Exception: If u get additional Curse on Pande, then i would drop of faster atk, maybe you get it on a claw tho :P

3: STR Issue
I need to mention that the new "Lethal Pride" / Kiloava Jewel is just insane. It gives you a huge DPS increase + passive Res + Str (that u can drop of from Gear/skilltree then). The best slot for it is at the top corner (above Blood Drinker). So its better to get Depth Perception instead of Acuity, to get more out of it.

Im still running one INT node, just for like ~8-11 Int. 105 is needed for the Loreweave and 114 if you run and CoH lvl 21.

And normally i never run any Elemental Resist Passives, so i removed them all when i reached lvl 90 and capped with gear. (Cloth & Chain, Survivalist).

As i can see you got the Bloodrage + Berserk combo now too, its just insane with haste+flask ;)

PoB Paste actual: https://pastebin.com/7duvr7m4 (Next step is Oak + last life node from resourceful)
Skill tree for 100: http://poeurl.com/cumR (Still unsure if acrobatics is needed..)

Best Regards
Isy
Last edited by MasterIJ on Jun 23, 2019, 11:49:59 AM
Small Add: Watchers Eye with Precision Mods seems to be really good (Crit or AS) combined with Hatred Mods - talked with Benji earlier about it.. guess was like
crit hatred > crit Precision > flat cold hatred > as Precision..but since PoB don't have them, hard to say.

KR
Isy
Before start map i didn't know what item buy first ? I have only 2400hp.
Last edited by Vivi_Naya on Jun 23, 2019, 1:59:30 PM
"
Vivi_Naya wrote:
Before start map i didn't know what item buy first ? I have only 2400hp.

Get some rare rings with res/life, you dont have any equipped. And change your tabula to an rare chest or , if u have a bit budget, get a Loreweave and try to cap your res.

in your skill tree, i would take the acrobatic tree out and get resourcefulness for it.
Last edited by MasterIJ on Jun 23, 2019, 2:13:44 PM
"
MasterIJ wrote:
Hey Fiver,

i see you changed a lot at the build - didn't checked here for a while.
Im really enjoying this build, but i changed some things to get it more comfortable for me:

1: I was really annoyed by using frost bomb to apply the curse's so i was running my oldsql HoI Build . (CoH +AM + HoI)
Used in Dark Rays with +2 AoE Gems to get a 2 levels on AM+ HoI, in the 4 Socket i was running Culling Strike for a real long time - but its not worth it at all. So i switched Blood Rage from the helmet in, to get a 4L on Whirling Blades.

2: Whirling Blades / Mana Issues
First of all, i was running reduced mana for a really short time on Whirling blade. But Blood Magic is just the way to go like in early leagues. Because you want to get a high AS on it, i swapped it from 3L to 4L to get Faster Attacks + Fortify in it (Fortify is really insane!). And as you already mentioned, reduced Mana Reservation on shield is the way to go, to remove mana Issues.

PS: If u want to get a chest with additional curse, u need to drop off something on that 4L to get Blood rage in it, so Fortify or Faster Attacks. In my Opinion its not even worth it, you melt down everything in this game anyways, so why go for a 2nd curse? - my only issue is survivability..so a Loreweave to get more Res + Fortify for an additional curse is worth it.

Exception: If u get additional Curse on Pande, then i would drop of faster atk, maybe you get it on a claw tho :P

3: STR Issue
I need to mention that the new "Lethal Pride" / Kiloava Jewel is just insane. It gives you a huge DPS increase + passive Res + Str (that u can drop of from Gear/skilltree then). The best slot for it is at the top corner (above Blood Drinker). So its better to get Depth Perception instead of Acuity, to get more out of it.

Im still running one INT node, just for like ~8-11 Int. 105 is needed for the Loreweave and 114 if you run and CoH lvl 21.

And normally i never run any Elemental Resist Passives, so i removed them all when i reached lvl 90 and capped with gear. (Cloth & Chain, Survivalist).

As i can see you got the Bloodrage + Berserk combo now too, its just insane with haste+flask ;)

PoB Paste actual: https://pastebin.com/7duvr7m4 (Next step is Oak + last life node from resourceful)
Skill tree for 100: http://poeurl.com/cumR (Still unsure if acrobatics is needed..)

Best Regards
Isy

Thank you so much for your input!

Holy shit, didn't know how good Lethal Pride was. Just bought one, and the damage is insane!

As for the curse setup, HoI + CoH doesn't work on bosses though, does it? So you have it only for when clearing maps?

I prefer using the Cloth & Chain + Survivalist as a means to easily cap evasion, and the resists are just a bonus. But to each his own. ;)

And yeah, Rage + Berserk is insane.

Thank you for your advice. I'll have a look at your PoB for some inspiration. :)

Don't panic.
Yes, HoI + CoH doesn't work on bosses, it only get procced by the shatter from HoI - but with rage + berserk there is no need for it anyways. You got an high advantage when doing Legions, because u spread the Curse everywere!

Just talked to benji earlier, before i went ham on shaper/red elder/ ueber elder. I switched out Starkonjas for Abyss on shaper, on red elder u start with zerk, and after portal phase just do it again. Ueber Elder is really tricky, took me some tries (didn't played for a real long time xD). Benji got me the tip with Kaom's Boots - i dropped the curse setup for it. Worked like a charm and was still insane fast.

Thank you Fiver! Never thought i find a build that is compareable to an Wanderer, the nice old one (before that Qotf nerfs) - i just love it ;)
Actually u got me an idea now - but i guess that is more min maxing and we have some options here:

Idea:
Remove Faster Atk on Whir Blade 4L, get it to 3L, add an Curse to CwdT

Solid Choice on not only boss, if u have an Add. Curse on Pandemonius.

If u get Faster Atk on Claw ur fine there too, i feel like i need it for smoothness

We could get an lvl 12? Assa. Mark IIRC on rings, could open more things to change. But as long as i not own them i can't try it out :D

BR
Isy
Hey there! Have you dropped Frostbite in you're curse on hit setup now and only use assa mark or? Perhaps maybe the frostbite is only to use when you get an additional curse on chest or smthing?

And is there any other gem changes from original post? if so can you tell me them? sorry if this is answered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info