[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Thesorrow10 wrote:
Is this build for SSF to ? ^^

I don't think you'll do well in SSF with it. There are a couple of uniques that are more or less mandatory for the build to work.

Don't panic.
"
Regikoko wrote:
So have kind of hit a wall here and not sure if I am in the min max phase or if there is anything else I can do for big gains. Would be grateful if anyone has the time to glance at my build and provide some advice. I tried setting up a second cluster wheel but everything I did in PoB caused me to lose defenses and damage (Trying to keep a good balance of both).

Only thing that stands out to me is my ring could be better, but its hard for me to change gear around due to being so tight on resistances. Also my amulet is str & dex instead of int which also makes it hard to do much with the passive tree (its a pretty good amulet though)

You have really good gear, but there are always small things that can be improved. According to PoB you are lacking resists though. Not sure if it's accurate. Sometimes PoB messes up that.
Obviously most things suggested now can be hard to fix without sacrificing other parts of your gear, but I'll list some things anyway.

Your claw is absolutely crazy. You could always divine a better roll on the added phys though. That beauty can reach over 480 pdps and still have ele pen on it.

The shield could have some damage on it with a crafted cold as extra chaos.

Helmet is cool. Nearby enemies take increased cold damage could make it slightly better. You obviously can't get that without replacing one of the resists or the aspect of the cat on it ofc.
I would recommend using another enchant on it. Assassin's Mark or Frost Blades are generally the ones I recommend. The one you have isn't bad, but a problem with using that one is that the the uptime on the bonus from it is very small since it only really does anything when your warchief is up.

Both assassins mark or frost blades enchant would be a 4%~ dps increase.

Those boots are completely insane. Jesus christ.

Another ring could be a big dmg boost. Steel ring with Redeemer/Shaper hybrid with cold damage per frenzy charge and assassin's mark.

You could get damage on your belt with a different catalyst, but that extra life is nice I guess.

A better roll on the bottled faith would be neat.

I don't know what you have on your LP, but try to get intimidate or some double damage on it.

As for the cluster jewels and stuff. I'm not sure if that's the best route to go anymore. I need to look over the build again and see if I should be making some changes. After the nerf to Vengeful Commander it might not even be worth going supreme ego, and instead squeeze in something like precision+HoP.

Don't panic.
Hey fiver, thanks for going over my build. Really proud of the gear I got. this is the first league I've tried at crafting and crafted everything except the amulet and ring myself.

My resists are good my lethal pride gives me 20 fire res, 2x double damage, endurance charges, and increased fortify effect (I spent way to many exalts on divine orbs to get it), figure I don't need intimidate since I get it from awakened melee physical. as for the enchant I don't wanna talk about that thing have done lab more times than I can count trying to get frost blades enchant.
currently looking for a ring but may have to craft it myself since they seem to be really rare and super expensive.

thanks again and look forward to any updates to the build I've only played 2 leagues but both of them I used your frost blades build.
"
Regikoko wrote:
Hey fiver, thanks for going over my build. Really proud of the gear I got. this is the first league I've tried at crafting and crafted everything except the amulet and ring myself.

My resists are good my lethal pride gives me 20 fire res, 2x double damage, endurance charges, and increased fortify effect (I spent way to many exalts on divine orbs to get it), figure I don't need intimidate since I get it from awakened melee physical. as for the enchant I don't wanna talk about that thing have done lab more times than I can count trying to get frost blades enchant.
currently looking for a ring but may have to craft it myself since they seem to be really rare and super expensive.

thanks again and look forward to any updates to the build I've only played 2 leagues but both of them I used your frost blades build.

I usually buy a helm with the enchant on before I start crafting it. :p
Even with the changes to lab enchants, it's hard to get the ones you want.

Don't panic.
Alright, I'm starting up my stream in about 15 minutes or so. I will be streaming for at least 6+ hours. Stop by if you need help or want to hang out. I've had a break for a few weeks, but it's time I got back to it!

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
Hi Fiver and the Frost blades crew!
I really like the build so far but I am veeeery interested in your Replica Farrul‘s fur experiment.
Endurance charges are my friends, you know. ;)
So, Anyway, I wanted to ask, if/ when you are going to post your findings or the pob for that Version,
Just invested every bit of currency in a Replica I need to 6link now. :)
Last edited by YersiniaD on May 29, 2021, 2:25:53 AM
"
YersiniaD wrote:
Hi Fiver and the Frost blades crew!
I really like the build so far but I am veeeery interested in your Replica Farrul‘s fur experiment.
Endurance charges are my friends, you know. ;)
So, Anyway, I wanted to ask, if/ when you are going to post your findings or the pob for that Version,
Just invested every bit of currency in a Replica I need to 6link now. :)

The replica farrul fur version will probably be the new endgame version.

Don't panic.
Starting my stream! Stop by if you need anything. ♥

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
Hi everyone!

@Fiver: I experimented a little with your recent passive tree, imported my stuff and so on so so forth.
Switching to vengeful commander + purposeful harbinger (instead of precise commander) did increase the damage quite a bit although I won‘t have a 100% crit chance anymore. That only works, if you use two heralds, of course.

And the Little clusters for Marks might be worth looking into. One raises the damage very nicely and the other one gives culling strike against marked enemies, which would free up a gem slot.

What do you think?

Couple of things I was wondering:

1) Why is this built around claws nowadays? Why not go the saviour/paradoxica route with flat phys rings and amulet?

2) Why not use blast freeze anywhere?

3) Is there a consideration for pathfinder given how she can supercharge taste of hate/bottled faith/lion's roar (or atziri's promise)? It'll also save points on the frenzies you no longer need.

4) Is there a consideration to using a +base crit hunter's chest combined with redeemer for phys taken as cold instead of Farrul's, and trying to find "phys taken as cold" combined with -cold res?

5) Watcher's Eye?

6) Why not allocate tribal fury and use a hydrosphere setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info