[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
Couple of things I was wondering:

1) Why is this built around claws nowadays? Why not go the saviour/paradoxica route with flat phys rings and amulet?

2) Why not use blast freeze anywhere?

3) Is there a consideration for pathfinder given how she can supercharge taste of hate/bottled faith/lion's roar (or atziri's promise)? It'll also save points on the frenzies you no longer need.

4) Is there a consideration to using a +base crit hunter's chest combined with redeemer for phys taken as cold instead of Farrul's, and trying to find "phys taken as cold" combined with -cold res?

5) Watcher's Eye?

6) Why not allocate tribal fury and use a hydrosphere setup?

Well, I will try to help a little.
1.) I assume because of the claw nodes and we use a hunter shield (15% less reservation).
2.) Please check the Cluster jewel section. But I think in the new version, it’s dropped.
3.) You don’t need Frenzy charges?
4.) -
5.) Read the gear section.
6.) Well, customizing is always an option, I suppose...
"
1) Why is this built around claws nowadays? Why not go the saviour/paradoxica route with flat phys rings and amulet?
- It has a lot do with it's Implicit ( life gain on hit ) and Soul Raker. For quality of life ( survivability ) I guess.

- Dual-wielding lost 20% more phys damage and while paradoxica is comparable to a 550 -600 pdps weapon. It's kinda slow to feel good whilst using "multistrike".
"
2) Why not use blast freeze anywhere?
- Blast-freeze was previously used in the build but now I think the build uses Replica Farruls as its end-game variant and has no means of generating power charges besides stormrider.
"
3) Is there a consideration for pathfinder given how she can supercharge taste of hate/bottled faith/lion's roar (or atziri's promise)? It'll also save points on the frenzies you no longer need.
-IMO, this might actually be a stronger alternative in terms of single target dps. But raider is better for zooming maps.
"
4) Is there a consideration to using a +base crit hunter's chest combined with redeemer for phys taken as cold instead of Farrul's, and trying to find "phys taken as cold" combined with -cold res?
-It can also be viable but you have to take note that without farruls or replica farruls you start with ZERO frenzy charges before a boss fight :( I guess it's the problem that comes with raider ( frenzy charge route ).
"
5) Watcher's Eye?
- It depends on your character stats. If you lack crit use the BASE CRIT variant but if not. The FLAT COLD DAMAGE is probably your best bet.
"
6) Why not allocate tribal fury and use a hydrosphere setup?
- This can actually be viable :)
Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 5, 2021, 1:12:20 AM
How smoothly does this build transition to red maps? I'm looking for a new leagues starter and I love zoomy builds. I worry the single target will make this not very fun once I hit red maps.
"
xaeror35 wrote:
How smoothly does this build transition to red maps? I'm looking for a new leagues starter and I love zoomy builds. I worry the single target will make this not very fun once I hit red maps.

So I league started this build for ultimatum league and had a little bit of trouble once I first hit red maps. Switching between ruthless and awakened ancestral call was important at first to help with single target vs quick mapping but as my gear progressed it became easier (Now I only switch to ruthless for bossing). This build scales with gear and can be fun if you want something that starts ok and ends strong (Good progression) since then I've done all content including Maven and The feared with this build had a lotta fun with it all league.
Last edited by Regikoko on Jul 8, 2021, 10:26:01 AM
With the manifesto for the upcoming league 3.15, I am wondering if this build will be viable...

I hope Fiver will come up with something good (nightblade?), although I believe it will be very difficult to play in red maps / bosses.
"
Hammett8080 wrote:
With the manifesto for the upcoming league 3.15, I am wondering if this build will be viable...

I hope Fiver will come up with something good (nightblade?), although I believe it will be very difficult to play in red maps / bosses.

If you red the manifesto, you would know that Melee skills themselves actually got a buff. Of course, not enough to make up for the nerfs of the support gems, but maybe enough to close the gap to non-melee builds. Maybe the taste in our mouth for going melee won't be so bad after all.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
It's been ages since I've played this amazing build but I was thinking of using it as my league HC starter. Seems like suicide, but I miss the gameplay so much.

Is this crazy talk? I am guessing with all the changes it will have to adapt or is it fine to keep it relatively the same?
Last edited by poeGT on Jul 21, 2021, 4:59:21 AM
Hmm frost blades got a 25% dps boost, dmg scale went from 140>175%. Should counter a lot of the nerfs to put it on par with stronger builds.
With this new ward mechanic and maybe auto ward on dmg flask? seems like this might be an interesting league.

What do you reckon @fiver my friend? I think I might return to my old favourite in these uncertain times. XD
"
1benjy1 wrote:
Hmm frost blades got a 25% dps boost, dmg scale went from 140>175%. Should counter a lot of the nerfs to put it on par with stronger builds.
With this new ward mechanic and maybe auto ward on dmg flask? seems like this might be an interesting league.

What do you reckon @fiver my friend? I think I might return to my old favourite in these uncertain times. XD

Cold conduction RIP. Did you calculate new FB manacost?.. Nerf onslaught by 50%

Man i think we are hardly fcked.
"
Ixnayd wrote:
"
1benjy1 wrote:

Cold conduction RIP. Did you calculate new FB manacost?.. Nerf onslaught by 50%

Man i think we are hardly fcked.

Well everyone got nerfed, but FB is hit less than some at least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info