[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

I have been playing this build in the recent flashback league and now in ritual.
Its a very fast and fun build (even when lacking a bit of survivability and single target damage in the beginning).

Just wanted to give some feedback about Furruls Fur vs the replica variant in combination with Avatar of the Veil instead of Chase. And i have to say it feels so much better. Your defensives are much better with Darkrays or Elusive-Boots you are close to dodge cap and you have nearly permanent endu charges (with 20% increased endu charge duration implicit on jewels you have them permanent). If you get hit the immortal call, with a duration of 2.5s, will mostly prevent all double taps.
Also on the offensive side its not so much behind the alternative. The new exposure part is really nice and gives a permanent 20% cold pen. Frostbomb is still better, right. But i would say the effective uptime on certain fights is rather on the lower end (especially if you are only triggering it with cast on crit).
This also frees up some gem slots which allows for something like an inc duration on our immo call and vaal haste. I also always liked to have Blood Magic on my movement skill. All of those things are personal preference for sure, just wanted to share some variantion which might be a bit more on the defensive end but in the end you wont sacrifice that much DPS for it.
Guys, you no longer have to suffer the single target problems before getting a 50109 exalted claw and other gear. GGG has showed us the light. You can even use Ancestral Call support on bosses and melt them.

WE NO LONGER WILL SUFFER ON SINGLE TARGET.

Guys,
Hydrosphere and Annoint Tribal Fury! YOU WILL NO LONGER SUFFER. IT'S INSANE

EDIT: This new skill gem Hydrosphere is not only AMAZING for when fighting bosses it also has a REALLY useful trait for mapping and for when you need to keep distance, it will allow you to chain from it to a group of mobs at an even GREATER distance for when you need to cut the enemy numbers but are afraid to get too close. Same for some bosses, it will allow you to keep hitting bosses with the projectiles when you need to move away. This single gem literally ramps up MASSIVELY the strategic plays with this build. Don't sleep on Hydrosphere for this build. It's frigging amazing.
Hydrosphere makes HC a LOT more viable for this build

Last edited by XinLao on Feb 7, 2021, 10:25:19 AM
"
XinLao wrote:
Guys, you no longer have to suffer the single target problems before getting a 50109 exalted claw and other gear. GGG has showed us the light. You can even use Ancestral Call support on bosses and melt them.

WE NO LONGER WILL SUFFER ON SINGLE TARGET.

Guys,
Hydrosphere and Annoint Tribal Fury! YOU WILL NO LONGER SUFFER. IT'S INSANE

EDIT: This new skill gem Hydrosphere is not only AMAZING for when fighting bosses it also has a REALLY useful trait for mapping and for when you need to keep distance, it will allow you to chain from it to a group of mobs at an even GREATER distance for when you need to cut the enemy numbers but are afraid to get too close. Same for some bosses, it will allow you to keep hitting bosses with the projectiles when you need to move away. This single gem literally ramps up MASSIVELY the strategic plays with this build. Don't sleep on Hydrosphere for this build. It's frigging amazing.
Hydrosphere makes HC a LOT more viable for this build

Hi,
can you a little more explain? Gem setup? How this gem works, etc.
first of all a big thanks for the build! had a blast this league!
fun fact that i discovered. if u min max the build and have big deeps 25 mil+ and a headhunter u can just gem swap flicker strike in with the ancestral call gem setup and clear t16 maps with ease
Last edited by Sc1ssorZ on Feb 10, 2021, 5:39:31 AM
I'm so confused, where does aspect of the cat come in? do you get it on your belt once you buy a ferrul's fur?
"
I'm so confused, where does aspect of the cat come in? do you get it on your belt once you buy a ferrul's fur?

You need to beastcraft it onto an item. Oh and it's a suffix so make sure to have an empty one on the item you want to craft on.
"
NemoRSRB wrote:
You need to beastcraft it onto an item. Oh and it's a suffix so make sure to have an empty one on the item you want to craft on.

So would it be safe to say not to invest in a farrul's until i decide which piece of gear I'm going to beastcraft aspect of the cat on? is it as simple as buying the beast off trade and enchanting an item like you would on the crafting table?
"
"
NemoRSRB wrote:

So would it be safe to say not to invest in a farrul's until i decide which piece of gear I'm going to beastcraft aspect of the cat on? is it as simple as buying the beast off trade and enchanting an item like you would on the crafting table?

You can buy the beast off trade and then add it to your menagerie. Then you will have an option to beastcraft Aspect of the Cat onto an item. Quite simple.

In my opinion Farrul's Fur is a core part of the build and you should try to get it as soon as possible. Aspects can be crafted on any piece of jewelry with an open suffix so you don't have to wait until you have an endgame piece, craft it on whatever you have or can buy cheap, later on you can gradually accumulate currency for upgrades.
"
NemoRSRB wrote:
"
"
NemoRSRB wrote:

You can buy the beast off trade and then add it to your menagerie. Then you will have an option to beastcraft Aspect of the Cat onto an item. Quite simple.

In my opinion Farrul's Fur is a core part of the build and you should try to get it as soon as possible. Aspects can be crafted on any piece of jewelry with an open suffix so you don't have to wait until you have an endgame piece, craft it on whatever you have or can buy cheap, later on you can gradually accumulate currency for upgrades.

Yeah i see now! the guide is so compact i missed a lot of the information on my first read. going to buy farrul's today then build my gear around that. so far this build is crazy fun. i do need to fix my single target dps a bit, hoping clusters and maybe a rare claw will help.

edit: where are u guys getting your strength from?
Last edited by copsinyourcomputer on Feb 15, 2021, 11:47:18 AM
"

Yeah i see now! the guide is so compact i missed a lot of the information on my first read. going to buy farrul's today then build my gear around that. so far this build is crazy fun. i do need to fix my single target dps a bit, hoping clusters and maybe a rare claw will help.

edit: where are u guys getting your strength from?

Mostly from the Lethal Pride :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info