[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

I have been busy doing some video recording and stuff today, so I haven't had time to check on the thread. I will try to help you out as soon as I can, but I am starting my stream soon and won't be checking the forums over the next 6+ hours. You are of course welcome to join me there.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
Hi. I´ve been playing this build like for about 3 leagues. What do you think I should buy first to improve my DPS. A 6l body? because I am struggling to do t11-12 maps, so I started delving to get some currency.

Great build btw. Greetings from Argentina.
"
Nenucoo wrote:

Some advice about this claw, do you recomend craft or not?

----- Sorry for my bad english xD------

No I don't recommend crafting on that. You need more damage.
You can craft a higher damage roll than 126%, and besides, crit multi on a claw is alright, but ideally we want attack speed and crit chance as suffixes, which leaves no room for it.

Don't panic.
"
Berith312 wrote:
Hi, Can you take a look at my claw, I don't have any physical mod, but have these two tier 1 mod, which makes me hesitate to scour it.

And another question which I raised previously but it seems that you missed it,
, I'm currently using this ring and a Shaper for curse. Should this be stronger than the Mark of the Elder. Obviously, the price of this ring is far more expensive (around 20-25ex), but is it worth? I got this dropped from map, so don't ask me why I buy it :D

I wouldn't craft on that claw. You need the damage. Problem with crafting on one of those is also that you wont be able to add any quality to it.

As for the ring, yeah you can get better dps from it depending on the rolls. Yours seem to be pretty good.
But even if you have a good one of those, the DPS gained (which is like 1.4% of your total) does not weigh up for the things you lose. Even 50 crafted life on a rare ring will give you 100+ life in the end. Considering that this build already struggles with life, then that is not worth it imo.

Don't panic.
"
Extrimy wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:

Shield could have 15% reduced mana reservation. Would allow you to A: get another herald, or B: level your precision to max level.
If you have an open prefix or suffix you can also craft cool modifiers on it.
Prefix: gain 7-8% of cold damage as extra chaos damage
Suffix: 4-5% chance to deal double damage
Both of those provide lots of damage.

Thx for details. I haves shield have 15% reduced mana reservation.
But he gives me 5000 lesser evasion rating. 5% double damage is better when 20000 evasion when prev shield?

It's up to you really. If you feel that you can be fine without the extra evasion then go for it. But yeah, the evasion is important.

Check your in game defense stats. If your evasion is above 45-50% without frenzy charges, you will be topped out when you have frenzy charges and blind targets.

Don't panic.
"
nhan2004 wrote:
Can you take a look at my build and give me some advice?
Thank You!

Having a look at it now.
I will try to be quick, because I'm short of time today, but there are a couple of changes to do.

Before I start, I want to mention right away that you have a very low life pool. Even with the cluster jewel, you are still only at around 4.2k. I'm assuming the Lethal Pride gives you a little as well, but you need more.

But let's start with items.

I can't see your claw. Not sure why it is unequipped.

The shield would be awesome if it had more life on it. I think I would rather craft that than the cold to chaos enchant (even though that one gives a lot of damage).

Not much to say about Starkonja. You can get a rare if you want, but starkonja is great. Enchant would be cool.

I would divine the Farrul's Fur once or twice to try to get a higher life roll.

Shaper's Touch - great.

Get the enchant that gives elemental penetration on Darkray Vectors. It is about a 7-8% dps increase.

I like the amulet. Crit multi would've been cool, but the one you have is still good.

Use Abrasive Catalysts on your Mark of the Elder. You'll be able to get the % increased damage up to around 95-96%.

You should look into upgrading the curse on hit ring. A lvl 12 Assassins mark would be nice, but you could get a lot more damage out of that spot in general.

That belt is awesome. If you could do without the fire res at some point I would craft EDWAS. Might even be worth just tossing a hunter orb on it. All of the prefixes from that one are good. Getting the T1 life would be nuts (just make sure the belt is above level 84 though).

The jewel in the belt is good. Crit multi and attack speed are the strongest modifiers on abyss jewels though. Just want to put it in there.

You need better rolls on your flasks. Even just getting a perfect Lion's Roar would be a big DPS increase.
Also, craft % increased critical strike chance during flask effect on your diamond flask. You can get it by unveiling Cinderswallow.

Since you already have a Farruls Fur, I would replace your medium cluster jewel with one that has Cold Conduction + Blast Freeze. You already get power charges from Farruls Fur, so you don't really need Stormrider.

Lethal Pride: Try to get intimidate/double damage/crit multi. (not sure what you already have ofc)

I don't really have anything to say about the skill tree. If you can do without the resists, it might be worth getting rid of the passive node to the right of Resourcefulness, and use that one for Disciple of the Slaughter. I would also consider just using the 4 points you would get from unspeccing both that one and the nodes you have on the way to Disciple of the Slaughter, and use those to get Thick Skin, since you have so low life.

Skills:
Not sure why you have multiple totems to your ancestral warchief. You should put an ancestral protector there instead. You are only supposed to use the vaal version of warchief, and you can use both that one and ancestral protector at the same time.

I'm not sure what 3 gems you have in your claw since it's unequipped, but Berserk, Ancestral Protector should be 2 of them. You aren't using precision but that's fine. I don't use it anymore either once you get Herald of Purity.

Don't panic.
"
Hazedrow wrote:
Hi. I´ve been playing this build like for about 3 leagues. What do you think I should buy first to improve my DPS. A 6l body? because I am struggling to do t11-12 maps, so I started delving to get some currency.

Great build btw. Greetings from Argentina.

I think we talked on stream, right? :)

Don't panic.
Can somebody recommend a good way to craft high evasion + life shield with mana reservation? The latter suffix seems too rare to chaos spam and fossils do not allow both life and evasion.

Also, thanks for such a detailed build guide!
"
Creepy01 wrote:
Can somebody recommend a good way to craft high evasion + life shield with mana reservation? The latter suffix seems too rare to chaos spam and fossils do not allow both life and evasion.

Also, thanks for such a detailed build guide!

Well it's a rough one to try to get both the evasion and life. This is why I always try to get a base with as high evasion as possible (Lacquered buckler).

You can just spam Lucent in hopes of getting lucky. You can use essences. You can spam alterations, or even alc + scour.

I think the most reliable way to get one with both a good mana reduction roll and a good life roll is to use Lucent + Pristine. That said, I often alc + scour as well.

Hard to control the outcome though.

Don't panic.
Putting the final touches on the expensive version of the new build right now. I will start my stream in about 15 minutes.

Come hang out if you need help with anything over the next couple of hours.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info