[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"Try to get a pair with Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you.
This allows you to get rid of your bleed immunity on the flask and you can craft crit on it instead."

Just to clarify, 1 jewel with such mod is enough, right? Or does it have to be a pair with "Corrupted blood cannot" vaal implicit? If so, why? TY
"
hyperstoned wrote:
This allows you to get rid of your bleed immunity on the flask and you can craft crit on it instead."

Just to clarify, 1 jewel with such mod is enough, right? Or does it have to be a pair with "Corrupted blood cannot" vaal implicit? If so, why? TY

You only need one. The second one would do nothing. You could get 1% cold penetration onto the second one instead for example.
New video!

Since it's such a commonly asked question, I've made a short video about what Cluster Jewels that I recommend. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdZ7Q265yA8

Don't panic.
hi there, i wanna know why even with the claw mana leech i feel like sometime im oom especialy when i use ancestral ,berseker and haste
ty for further answers :)
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
hyperstoned wrote:

You only need one. The second one would do nothing. You could get 1% cold penetration onto the second one instead for example.

Thank you, I totally misread that -_-
Is ele pen same as cold pen in this case?
Last edited by hyperstoned on Mar 30, 2020, 11:55:29 PM
"
hyperstoned wrote:

Thank you, I totally misread that -_-
Is ele pen same as cold pen in this case?

Yes :)

Don't panic.
Hello sir.Is Southbound Soldier Gloves good for your build.Thx in advance.
"
nana3abg wrote:
Hello sir.Is Southbound Soldier Gloves good for your build.Thx in advance.

No, I don't recommend using those. If you are using Southbound your hits can only kill frozen enemies, which is really bad versus bosses and bigger targets.

But Shaper's Touch or Tombfist with a Murderous Eye Jewel are better anyway.

Don't panic.
BUILD UPDATED

New Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/A058yUq4

- Changed Awakened Added Cold Damage back to Hypothermia. Hypothermia is cheaper, and still provides more damage.

- Changed the flasks. Added "of the Order" to the Diamond Flask. This is a modifier you can craft if you have unveiled it from Cinderswallow. This also means removing bleed immunity on the life flask, and replacing it with freeze immunity. To get bleed immunity we instead use corrupting blood immunity corruption on a Jewel. The Budget and Standard options will not have this.

- Fixed some items that cause weird errors. Boots/Gloves/Helm had 10+ sockets for some reason.

- Changed annointment on the expensive gear. Dismembering actually does more damage than Disemboweling.

- Added the Cluster Jewel I am currently using to the guide.

The guide has been updated to reflect these changes.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 31, 2020, 10:03:25 AM
"
Fiver wrote:
BUILD UPDATED

New Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/A058yUq4

- Changed Awakened Added Cold Damage back to Hypothermia. Hypothermia is cheaper, and still provides more damage.

- Changed the flasks. Added "of the Order" to the Diamond Flask. This is a modifier you can craft if you have unveiled it from Cinderswallow. This also means removing bleed immunity on the life flask, and replacing it with freeze immunity. To get bleed immunity we instead use corrupting blood immunity corruption on a Jewel. The Budget and Standard options will not have this.

- Fixed some items that cause weird errors. Boots/Gloves/Helm had 10+ sockets for some reason.

- Changed annointment on the expensive gear. Dismembering actually does more damage than Disemboweling.

The guide has been updated to reflect these changes.

Edit: I posted this before I managed to open the latest pastebin, so I now got some answers to my questions there, eg. what to multimod on the claw. With over 300ex one can go beyond your "very expensive" claw variant and mastercraft (have 3 t1 prefs, craft blocker, slam exalt, slam exalt, lock prefs, scour, repeat) the mirror tier claw. If I stop spending all my currency this league on fossil spamming, I could see myself doing just that by the league end.:) Anyway, here's my earlier post:

Good thing I haven't bought the awakened gems, was actually about to. :D
Also, will do the flask mods as suggested.
As for the ammy enchant, I must've overlooked updates and had Divine Fervour the whole time. So, I suppose, Dismembering is the annoint to aim for in the build? I will probably do it on the rare crafted ammy after I get to it.

Please allow me to get some advice on two slots I've been busy with lately:

If anything confuses you, I don't really know how to link my items to this post, but my stash and character profile are not hidden.

1) The claw. (Used ToA, now switched to BS and love the ll% (although still die to 1 shots sometimes if I get disabled for a moment fighting boss). Worry how im gonna survive without the ll% if I switch to the rare claw, but I guess higher dmg/ER will compensate.

So I spent abt 3-4ex on fossils and resonators so far trying to craft the claw (ilvl86, redeemer). What combo would you recommend? I've been mostly trying frigid+jagged+serrated or just frigid+jagged (the cheaper alternative).
Best I got so far is t1 %inc eledmg w/ attk skills+t3 cold dam/pen for prefs and t2 acc rating+t3 crit chance+t2 life on kill for suffs. Seems like I can't get both + phys dmg and phys dmg% on it now as both are prefs even though I have an open pref. I feel like just scouring it and alt/reg/scour for 3 t1 mods and multimod. What would you recommend to multimod ideally? Or should I change fossil combinations/have more patience?

2) The Medium Cluster Jewel.
Seems like the first craft I might actually make profit in. Thanks to your vid.
Bought a few ilvl84 4-passive/5-passive (4 preferred, right?) bases for 5-15c and put up any 40c+ results up for trade. (eg. overshock+insp. opp.)

Took me quite a few hours, but I finally made Stormrider+Cold Conduction on a 4-passive base, except I didn't get the Jewel socket suff. Instead I got t1 increased duration of ele ailments on enemies. The 5%. Should I exalt slam it? Or beastcraft the suffix away for a random pref (if that's even possible)?

As for the rest of the gear, I do plan to craft curse on the ring, but on the iron ring base. Then switch the assassins mark gem to frost bomb. Then craft mana res mod on the shield and slot precision gem instead of either enlighten or portal (put portal on weapon swap). Also currently spamming enchanted fossils on ilvl86 redeemer lion pelt to get the 40%FB (or sell in case I get another expensive enchant), then will craft the stats. Also got both warlord and redeemer 86 body zodiac bases ready to be crafted, whichever rolls better mods. What sucks is life and ER cancel out each other when using respective fossils. Hope I'm on the right path, gonna update the skills tree based on ur latest cluster jewel recommendation and aim to reach awakener 8 and lvl100.

Any comments greatly appreciated, tho not required. This is my 2nd char in PoE and 2nd league that I went past t1 maps. Love this build much more so far than my 1st arc miner, mostly due to clear speed/faster boss kills. Also, this guide had all the right things explained in the right places, loved it. Ty.

PS. Just exalt slammed the jewel and hit +5 dex (t2). I was sure it was gonna be jewel socket looking at the chances. Oh well, won't be too heartbreaking to vaal it after I can make another one. :D Also, extra 20 dex doesn't hurt.
Last edited by hyperstoned on Mar 31, 2020, 1:09:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info