[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

I've been doing pretty will with linking Culling Strike to my totem skills, since bossing can take a while.
I have around 4 ex to spend and wondering if anyone can offer what to go for first, good claws seem really expensive and my rings/amulet are pretty meh still.

https://pastebin.com/NidFSd5H
I'm doing fine in all content so far, except one part:
Getting 4 red sockets in a 6 linked full evasion body armour -_-
Starting up my stream now. Come and hang out with me or ask me stuff if you need help.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

I am terribly sorry I haven't been able to help you guys out anything today, but I've had my hands full the entire day fixing christmas stuff. :<
I will try to get to you, I promise!

Don't panic.
Curious unless im missing something why grab the onslaught stuff for the last ascend?
Toss a Chaos to your Leader
OH Red Maps a Plenty
oh Red Maps a Plenty
OHHH
Toss a Chaos to your Leader
Hi fiver, i saw that you are going for claws of the falcon node instead of anoint. now my guess its only temporaly untill you can afford anoint is that right or you changed the tree abit?
In my current setup, I use FB - EDWAS - multistrike - added cold damage - ice bite - ruthless, which provide me much better dps than the recommended FB - EDWAS - multistrike - hypothermia - rage/berserk - melee phys damage as well as making it much easier to get only 3 off-colors.

I am pretty sure considering the fact that your guide has been around for a long time, this must have come up at some point but is there any reason why my skill gems would be suboptimal?

Gear-wise, I am still much in need of upgrades to my claw, rings (for the mark of the elder + assassin's mark combo), gloves and amulet so by no means do I have a good endgame build that would best be representative of your build but money's hard to come by so far.

Thanks in advance for your answer
In the Budget item list, it doesn't have anywhere near the required amount of STR needed (64 with 121 being required). Also, it has very little HP because of the amount of uniques being used. Can you take another look at it? Not sure what to change.
Last edited by InsaneX3 on Dec 22, 2019, 9:02:27 AM
"
TheGreatGonz0 wrote:
Hello,
again this build is real fun to play but currently im wondering how to upgrade the weapon. Since the multimod nerf im not sure if crafting them myself is worth it or i better buy one from the market. I would prefer to craft myself but i assume that i need 2*t1 mods to make it worthy in any way.

"
epicslaphappy wrote:

I'm wondering that myself, there is like 0 awesome claws for sale unless you have 10-25 exalts.

Unfortunately the claws are really expensive this league due to the nerfs on the multimod. Yes, in order to be craft something good you pretty much need to hit a T1 phys and a T3+ crit/attack speed. (T2+T2 works as well)
It really sucks, and I hate it.

The claws will inevitably drop in price as the league progresses, but that's not much of a comfort right now.

"
Physt wrote:
Shaper's Touch are cheapers right now. Do you recommend them or tombfist with jewel?

Any idea how to get Maim, if we change Tombfist?

Yes, Tombfist is a great option, and I'm using them myself at the moment. I would still recommend Shaper's Touch but I was lucky and managed to corrupt +1 frenzy charge on my Tombfist, so they are hard to replace atm.
There is a new modifier on gloves with one of the influences (warlord I think), that gives +1 frenzy charge. If you manage to get a pair of rare gloves with that modifier and also some life+resist, then that is another good alternative.

Don't panic.
"
desacred wrote:
@up oil crafting and Dismembering, this is first what comes to my mind ;) On tree it costs 8 skill points to go there from nearest location. Seems a waste.

@Fiver what do you think about Innervate as replacement of rage? As I checked some variants in PoB it grants huge dps bonus +- as big as maxed stack rage.
In this case we don't need to worry about maintaining rage stacks, becouse we almost allways inflict shock (with 10+ aps and 20% chance to shock) shock itself grants huge dps bonus. On clearing we have innervation buf which gives lightning dmg. Dmg is small, but scales with ours ele dmg increase and res penetration (ie. on weapon where ele pen is not specified to cold only).

Right now I'm testing it, and I have to admit, that I'm enjoying this setup. Ofc we lose berserk, but as burst we can use ie. vaal haste.

Dismembering is definitely good, but there are better nodes to get. I have the ones I personally prefer listed in the F.A.Q. But Dismembering is definitely a good choice, albeit expensive.

Don't panic.
"
Sykatix wrote:
Having a bit of trouble progressing - feel squishy with not much damage bossing-wise.

https://pastebin.com/AQ3shraJ

Any pointers for improvement?

Well, looking at your gear, you definitely need more life. 4.4K is pretty low and there's a lot of room for it on your rare gear-pieces. The armour could have a lot more. I realise the armour you have is very good for your resists, but it is fairly easy with a couple of pristine fossils to get 100+ life and then you can craft 5-8% mana and life on it, or even get the "Eldritch" modifier which gives 9-12% increased maximum life (this is assuming you're crafting on an elder base).

I would recommend getting another pair of gloves. You can get more life from Tombfist or Shaper's Touch. Ideally Shaper's Touch, but they are still expensive. :(

There are still life nodes you can take in the passive tree. I would advice getting Revenge of the Hunted. It not only gives you life, but also evasion and damage. It's a seriously underestimated node.

This isn't really an advice on gear or anything, but more of a tip regarding playstyle. When you have fortify in your whirling blades (which you have, and that's good), you should try to keep it up as much as possible. So when you are fighting tougher monster, keep whirling back and forth through them and keep your fortify up. Same goes when you're mapping. Keep whirling through mobs to keep it up as much as possible. It's a very easy way to get 20% extra damage reduction from hits.

Pantheons is another thing that can play a big part. I usually use Soul of Lunaris. And as a minor pantheon this league I'm using Soul of Shakari. There's a lot of chaos damage this league and you get a little bit of extra survival from that.

I am working on trying to make an alternative gear-set with more Chaos Resist. Previous league chaos damage hasnt been much of a problem, but this league it is.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info