[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to POE and kinda struggling through tier 7 maps atm, can you guys give me any advice on what I need to change?

Hey,

could u probably check my build so far?
https://pastebin.com/sP9PqM0F

Will get a Maim Chest and a second Touch of A with Crit multi until I can afford 2 worthy claws.

What do u think about it?

Kind regards

Watching ur stream right now
"
Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to POE and kinda struggling through tier 7 maps atm, can you guys give me any advice on what I need to change?

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Yo! Lots of things you can do. Here are some of my thoughts (keep in mind this is only my third league as well):

Get a "real" 6-link chest, preferably a Dex one for max evasion. However, it may be difficult to get the right socket colors on a pure Dex chest (I'm using a Dex one with 3r and 3g sockets, switching out Rage for Ice Bite), so you can consider a dex/str hybrid. Look for high maximum life and maybe +% life if you can get it. Also helps you cap out resistances.

Get rid of lightning damage on your Claw. It doesn't do much on this build, as we are mainly scaling physical and cold damage (and should be converting over 100 % of phys to cold, so there isn't any more damage left to be converted to other elements). Try a Bloodseeker (great for survivability), Touch of Anguish or Wasp's Nest uniques until you can get a good phys/cold crafter Claw (will cost you 4-5 ex - not sure, I'm on PS4 and prices are crazy there). The Bloodseeker should be pretty available at low cost, I think.

Also, your amulet doesn't really give you anything. First, Unholy Might doesn't give us much, as we don't scale Chaos Damage. Second, you should already get Onslaught from your Ascendency nodes). Get one of the recommended uniques from the guide, or a good rare one which you can use to get strength and intelligence, as well as resists, life and maybe some damage (crit chance/multi etc.).

Upgrade the rest of your gear for more life, resists and damage stats as you go along. Make sure to pick up the recommended flasks as well, and use Ancestral Protector, Vaal Haste and Frost Bomb/Wave of Conviction set up for more single target damage (I use wave of conviction in totems so that I don't bother self casting frost bomb, and they auto target the bosses, because I find that using Lion's Roar and Frost Bomb to be a little bothering).

Also, once you get 20/20 (or 21/20 later) gems, your damage should increase a little bit too.

Feel free to check out my gear and character on my profile - I'm currently way in to red maps and the build is doing very good so far!
Last edited by PUPPYDOGGYWOOF on Sep 18, 2019, 8:41:33 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

What mods do i craft on this claw?
Last edited by Raotiz on Sep 18, 2019, 10:19:14 PM
Avatar of the chase or Avatar of the veil that's the true question :>
I have to say this is a great, fun build and for the first time i am not buying everything on trade, but play with stuff that drops (ok, i bought the 2 frost blade jewels and shaper's touch). Very smooth while mapping (T9 at the moment).
Now i am looking for another chest armour to spam my fusings on to get a 6-link
But even without the 6 link, damage and everything works fine. Keep up the good work!
How is this build doing in Blight and Blighted maps? I am looking for build with good Delve and Blight i dont care about Bossing at all for that i have my Flame Golem Necromancer
Thoughts on Touch of Anguish?
Last edited by ZenithVI on Sep 19, 2019, 4:50:04 AM
anyone knows if this is worth multicrafting?

t1 cold
t4 attack speed
"
dipsi wrote:
thoughts about my two options for 6 links?

First good one here:

Really like this item, think this would boost survivability.

second option would be to 6 link this and fossil craft for maim chest.
i would need to invest a bit into STR though:

(item level 80)

two options cause i dont have a lot of fusings in SSF.

otherwise damage is pretty nice even with shield and mediocre weapon.
should i trust tooltip damage or only poe? tooltip says this one:

is better than almost any comparable phys DPS Claw i found.
thanks for your guide.

Kintsugi is interesting, but it has very low life compared to what you can get from a fossilcrafted rare.
As for the rare armour, I think it's better to use a Zodiac Leather for the evasion, since that is our first line of defense.
Getting a Maim/Crit armour is the goal though.

You should trust PoB. Tooltip ignores a lot of situational variables, like frenzy charges, elemental penetration, enemy debuffs, etc.
The claw you're using is not a good endgame claw for this build.
You can definitely use a claw with cold damage, but you also need crit and decent phys damage. Lightning/fire damage doesn't really give us anything.

"
itsmetian wrote:
first thanks for sharing the build, i think i just found my perfect fit build, been enjoying the build and its been a blast.

i need an advice about crafting rare weapon, currently im still using touch of anguish + shield and got this big boi

not sure what mod to put when i multimod, any tips will be appreciated

You can multimod that one and craft:

Adds (13-17) to (26-30) Physical Damage
16-20% increased Attack Speed
21-25% increased Critical Strike Chance / 13-18 to quality
Attacks with this Weapon Penetrate (14-16)% Elemental Resistances

"
Hey guys,

PUPPYDOGGYWOOF Gave you some good advice, and I agree with everything he said.
I want to add that there's a section in the F.A.Q about low single-target damage. You should have a look at that. :)

"
Reyo90 wrote:
Avatar of the chase or Avatar of the veil that's the true question :>

And it's a hard one. I am currently trying out Veil to see how it feels, and honestly it feels pretty neat. Chase is still more damage though.

"
Raotiz wrote:

What mods do i craft on this claw?

13-16% increased attack speed / 13-18 to quality

A good roll will be able to put it at 360+ pdps and 160 edps.
It will be slightly worse than the claw in the "expensive option" gearset, but it will also only cost you 3 exalts to craft. :)

Depending on what claw you are using now it might definitely be a good upgrade.

"
Mikizzek wrote:
How is this build doing in Blight and Blighted maps? I am looking for build with good Delve and Blight i dont care about Bossing at all for that i have my Flame Golem Necromancer

It does very well in blights, and in blighted maps I'm sure it performs well in good gear. I've cleared the ones that I haven't died in due to lag or stupid mistakes. Only tried 4 though. Succeeded in 2. Have a new claw now though, so I'll try some more today. Got a T13 blight map, so that one will be interesting.

"
ZenithVI wrote:
Thoughts on Touch of Anguish?

It's a good claw, but not better than rares. I have it listed as an alternative. :)

"
anyone knows if this is worth multicrafting?

t1 cold
t4 attack speed

Yes, it is worth multimodding. It will cost you 4 Exalts.
Go for:
21-25% increased Critical Strike Chance / 13-18 to quality
100-129% increased physical damage

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info